Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August Check In Thread

tag
Mike_C
Administrator Emeritus

August Check In Thread

I can't believe its August already. And while I was late with this post, hopefully you weren't late with any payments.

Speaking of which - how is your score these days? Is it in a position you are comfortable with, or are you still climbing? Were you able to save and raise this summer, or did a vacation create a slight plateau?

As always: participation in these monthly check-ins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here.

From my perspective - my score actually rose since I've been working at myFICO. But with a new car lease, and a few expensive on going payments, my bank account has taken a hit. time to start saving up for the rest of the year to keep that score.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: August Check In Thread

Have 2 kids, both freshman.  One in High School and one in College.  Just got through school shopping, buying books and paying tuition, purchasing son a new car....  I'm just broke.  But glad to provide for the kids.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 30
TrulyyBlessed
Regular Contributor

My Equifax score is not as high as I would like, but it has increased from when I began my credit improvement journey. My Equifax is currently 614; however, my Transunion score is 675. I know that this process takes time and I'm committed to improving my credit status and being a member of the 700+ club. In other news.... I applied and was approved for a Wal-Mart credit card with a starting limit of $600. Once I recieve the card I plan to call and try to get a higher credit limit to increase my available credit.

Starting Score: Nov. 2012 585
Current Score: EQ 733 EX 777 TU 743 Goal Score: 750+

Message 3 of 30
Ontrack2win

First let me say I'm happy I started this credit journey I feel like the first time in a long time I'm making better decisions about my finances.  My score isn't as high as I'd like it to be but I'm continuing to make my payments on time.  I just opened a secured credit card and my score has gone up from 579 to 600 in a very short time.  I will stay at it and keep pressing towards my goal.  

Starting Score: 559
Current Score: 646
Goal Score: 725

Message 4 of 30
burghpa
Regular Contributor

August is going good for me as well, score moved up a bit - 644. Still a long way to go reach 700.

2013 Feb EQ: 550 | 2017 Feb EQ: 722

Message 5 of 30
Ontrack2win

That's awesome!  You just started in March that gives me hope!

Starting Score: 559
Current Score: 646
Goal Score: 725

Message 6 of 30
burghpa
Regular Contributor

Ontrack2win,

You are right,  our goals are achievable, if you followup on  each account carefully. so far I am yet to send out GW letters, i am doing that in couple of days.

•    I paid off Discover balance this month  - 8K . That gave me 34 points itself.   (I was in a payment arrangment, so couldn't do PFD, i should have done some research before getting into payment arrangement, PFD should have been better).
  •    I have one account I am dealing with a CA for almost 11K, once it is settled, i may achieve my 700 target.
  •    Opened one Secured Card -  $500 limit (Credit One, that was before i did research on this forums, I should have gone with BOA Secured card etc). 
  •    Capital one  UnSecure Card - $500 limit ( I have auto loan with Capital one, not a single late payment on auto loan)
  •    I think the newly opened accounts gave me another 10  points in August itself. ( I am going to be in Garden for next few months)
  •    Next step is to send out GW letters to  Chase, BOA , Citi and Discover (Discover I paid full amount, rest of of them are settled for lesss than full amount, now it is showing zero balance in all 3 reports).

2013 Feb EQ: 550 | 2017 Feb EQ: 722

Message 7 of 30
gardening
New Visitor

I finally registered,.after reading amazing discussions and suggestions about rebuilding credit. 

Start Dec 2012: EQ 559
Current EQ: 622
Goal: GARDENING 700+
Message 8 of 30
Riemi87
Established Member

I missed posting the first few months of the year! I started with a 670 score and a large amount of debt at the beginning of the year from moving, purchasing furniture, appliances, and other items. In all I had over $7000 in credit card debt.

Today I have two remaining credit cards totalling $2700. I am building a home that will be finished in October. I can't wait to move in! I work and attend college full time. I'll be a home owner at 26 and graduating before I turn 27.

Goal: I want to hit a credit score of 800 by the end of the year. I also want to pay off the two remaining credit cards so that I can focus on paying down my car loan and adding a few hundred to the mortgage monthly.

2013 is a great year!

Message 9 of 30
Mike_C
Administrator Emeritus

@gardening wrote:

I finally registered,.after reading amazing discussions and suggestions about rebuilding credit. 

Welcome to the forums! Good luck with rebuilding your credit. Dont' forget to check out the blog for other potential tips.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.