December 2016 - Check-In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: December 2016 - Check-In Thread

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

If you've already got that SSL paid down pre-report, when it lands you should likely be north of your goal scores if that is your only installment line.

I'm going to miss my goal score (EQ Beacon 5) even though I'm at the highest I've ever been on FICO 8 (well except when my tax lien came off for a week haha) at the end of this year so that's something at least.

Merry Christmas, Revelate!

Yes, I did pay it down to the $42 making the util < 9% and it's the only open installment I will have. But I'm not sure whether it will help my mortgage scores. From what I've read, I should definitely get a bump with fico 8, but I'm nhow much of a bump...I hear that YMMV going off in my head. LOL!

I suppose it's not critical to meet the year end goals. But... I just HATE not meeting goals set. It'll flat piss me off. I've been pissed off a lot lately. Haha!  Smiley Happy 

Merry Christmas!

Well I hit 700 on EQ 04 (FICO 5 here) for one shining moment for my mortgage pull last year, but beyond that I've been at a 693 for the past several years... and that's all tied to the number of inquiries I have on EQ.  When I get down to two inquiries there I'll be at 700 and unfortunately I tried a refi and then did a HELOC so I picked up two more inquiries I wasn't expecting. Such is life, and life > FICO so ain't trippin about missing the goal.

The SSL only helps with the Experian score on the mortgage trifiecta as that is FICO 98 (Experian Risk Model v2) but both of the EQ/TU scores flatly ignore it.  Still worth doing, may help mix of credit on those two though if you have closed installment lines there it'll be flat.

Next year is the party year for me credit wise.... been 5 years already: Soon FICO, Soon.

Oh I get to plan my goal scores for next year, 800 or bust baby!

Well...there ^^^^ goes my chance of meeting the year end goals. Smiley Sad  

Yeah, I hear you on the inquiries.  I have 7 on EQ - not good. And as much as I want the USAA Limitless card when it becomes available in my area, I may just have to hold out for a while if it is not available by end of first quarter 2017.  Getting a mortgage is far more important, I guess. 

Message 11 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah, I hear you on the inquiries.  I have 7 on EQ - not good. And as much as I want the USAA Limitless card when it becomes available in my area, I may just have to hold out for a while if it is not available by end of first quarter 2017.  Getting a mortgage is far more important, I guess. 

Yeah, if you have even a possible mortgage in flight within the upcoming 12 months (inquiry exclusion period) you're better off just sitting on your hands as the inquiry counts fully throughout the time there.

If you're gold plated that's one thing, but if you're like me and the difference is between 693 and 700, that is a tier and a non-trivial one at that when talking mortgages.  Hence, no inquiries = good inquiries.

        
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, if you have even a possible mortgage in flight within the upcoming 12 months (inquiry exclusion period) you're better off just sitting on your hands as the inquiry counts fully throughout the time there.

If you're gold plated that's one thing, but if you're like me and the difference is between 693 and 700, that is a tier and a non-trivial one at that when talking mortgages.  Hence, no inquiries = good inquiries.

Oh, how I wish I was gold plated!  Guess I better unsubscribe to the Approvals section, else it's gonna be a bumpy ride! Smiley Tongue

As long as I have that state tax lien anchor around my neck, I can forget about going anywhere fast as far as EQ and TU mortgage scores go.  

Message 13 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, how I wish I was gold plated!  Guess I better unsubscribe to the Approvals section, else it's gonna be a bumpy ride! Smiley Tongue

As long as I have that state tax lien anchor around my neck, I can forget about going anywhere fast as far as EQ and TU mortgage scores go.  

Dunno, I hit 731 on Transunion 04 when we're talking mortgages which between that and my EX score got me into the 720 tier which is still pretty good... EQ hates my file for some reason anyway.

        
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2016

@Anonymous wrote:

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

Good morning everyone!Smiley Happy This is my December check-in. 

Update:

1. Garden - started 09/28/16 and still going strong
  2. Increase CL on a couple of cards - increased IT CL by $1500
  3. Combine Cap 1 accounts - still unable to combine
  4. @Reduce utilization - weekly payments: I chose the Snowball Method since my debt is @ 0% interest.

Stay positive & focused so we can meet our goals!!Smiley Happy

beautifulblaquepearl, great progress!  I just joined the garden as of yesterday.  I was wondering, would you mind sharing the code for your siggy code with me?  I like how yours look, but I can't get mine to look like that to save my life! 

Thank you! I apologize for the late response LOTR. I am just seeing your post. Of course, I will PM the information to you. I wish I could take credit for it looking nice but my brother-in-law helped me do it. He's a programmer. I'll relay the message.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.