Did you mean: 

December 2017 Check-In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: December 2017 Check-In Thread

@Oorah wrote:

Ugh Ugh Ugh, what a year.

I haven't checked in lately, because I have been beside myself with the credit bureau's, and a loan servicing company that is again reporting that I am late on a mortgage that doesn't exist.  This is the worst that it has hit me, and I am furious with both.  My credit scores have dropped from the mid 700s to between mid 500s and low 600s, even though every single account that I have shows zero lates, except for this bogus mortgage reporting.  Every time I get it kicked off, it appears again, only with different information, and a new date of delinquency.  I have just filed yet another dispute, after they said their investigation confirmed that the debt was valid in September.  I really want to know what info they are using to validate this debt.

2018 will be a year that they either remove this permanently and stop adding it back again, or I will have to take more drastic actions.  It amazes me that a creditor can report whatever the hell they want, and the consumer has to fight tooth and nail to correct whatever they want to report. 

Oorah, have you filed a complaint against the CBs AND the loan servincing company with the CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau)?  If not, I would suggest giving that a try.

Message 31 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DollyLama wrote:

I'm in the same boat as Oorah above. This month I truly don't have what my scores should truly be. I disputed a CFA I have that was reporting each and every month to all 3 Bs till they got bought by a new parent company. The reporting stopped back in July, I called the creditor 3 times and they swear they are reporting, but my balance remains the same, no updates since July 2017. So I disputed current balance as I'm approaching the < 8.9% of the loan. So....TU investigates it, adds a new loan from them with current correct balance, 2 payment history, in addition to the erroneous reporting account and it's balance. So my scores dropped. I also didn't get my cash rewards credit posted in time by Cap 1 , so my AZEO went out the window with a $3 balance. Lesson learned on that one. Will contact TU again to try to straighten out two reportings and different balance on this one account. I only want the last 5 payments reported in history, and the right balance! Still in garden since 4/15/2017.  

Goal, still hoping the work this year on credit, can get my husband and I a mortgage in 2018!

DollyLama, try filing a complaint with BBB and the CFPB - and see if that helps to get it fixed once and for all.  Good luck!

Message 32 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IQn2D wrote:

I have a last minute update to add. Today, my Equifax score increase by 18 points.

So my current scores are:

EQ:705

TU:710

EX:693

My membership into the 700 Club is almost approved.

Hey, I think it's approved with just one score in the 700's. Smiley Wink  Congratulations on ending year 2017 with a bang! Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 35
IQn2D
New Contributor

I taught all the scores had to be 700. Good looking out.

Starting Score: EQ612, TU644, EX622 4-22-17
Current Score: EQ720, TU728, EX705 02-18-18
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 34 of 35
Oorah
New Contributor

LOTR

That will be my next step, if they don't remove them within the 30 day time frame.

They now show two different lenders.  One paid and closed, the other is showing six month late payments.

It has happened before, but I was able to get it removed with just a dispute.

I am not sure what, if any, info they used to justify the mortgage foreclosure is valid when I disputed it in August,

because there is nothing that exists.  Of course, they didn't give an explanation when they sent me their results.

One thing is for sure, its costing me money especially with the car insurance, and that is not good.

Starting Score: 593
Current Score: 554,622,669
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.