Established Member
tisha130

Re: December Check in Thread

Hello,

I am new here. I am interested in knowing what is a GW letter and where can I find it?

I see that letter maybe of some use in my credit situation. I am looking to rebuild. I only have two open accts. One small card 500 limit and student loan 2650. I have 6 accts in collection two are sched to be removed and the other 4 need to be paid off. The creditors are declining my offer for payoff for deletion.

Starting Score: 486
Current Score: 586
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

As of Dec 2013 I want to purchase a 2011 or newer vehicle and buy my first home by the end of the year. I have purchased 2011 vehicle as of 2/2014 and I have been pre-approved for 100k home mortgage loan as of 3/2014.
randireese

Re: December Check in Thread

After (finally) making a commitment to better my credit ways, I'm joining the December thread of the challenge to set me up to participate for real next year.  I started my credit journey with my score in the 400s a few years ago, and as recently as September was still in the 550s.  Since then I had a couple of charge offs (credit cards opened when I was 19 and didn't realize what responsible account maintenance was) and collections (ditto) age off of my reports.  I also established new cards (even with high annual fees and high APRs) to have new better credit management.  I now have a normal Capital One card that keeps getting CLIs without requests by me, and have a Victoria's Secret store card.  Today I applied for an auto lease, my first without as the only borrower.  Fingers crossed that my hard work to date is good enough to get me there!

Starting Score: 552 (EQ 9/2013) 800
Current Score: 640 (EQ) 657 (TU) 633 (EX) 800
Goal Score: 720 for all 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+