tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: February 2017 - Check In Thread

Thank you BBP!
Message 31 of 36
harlemnygirl

My goal is to pay down my utilization (currently at about 40%) to below 30%.   

Starting Score: 657
Current Score: 735
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 36
DollyLama
Established Contributor

I'm new to the game, but hope not too late for the challenge. Lurked around forums past month, making a plan. Began today with the 3B. Scores fair. 

Goal Plans:

1. Pay down/off all credit cards except one to <10% utilization. (Have PIF 2 of these cards just within the last week)

2. Garden my cards till late in year, as my highest limit one is only a 1k limit, with HD, and age the accounts.

3. Only true credit card ie Visa, MC is a Milestone with a low limit 300, and $99 ! yearly fee. Hope to increase my FICO for a decent V or MC with a higher CLI and no fees!

4. Wait for inquiries to fall off, 2 cards were opened this year, new credit affecting current FICO. 

5. Save! Apply what I had been paying towards CCs, to go into a savings account for emergencies. This plaques us often, car, house repairs, repairs still needed.

Message 33 of 36
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Hello Everyone!

February is off to a good start for me. I have paid off 2 credit cards as of today and settled one old account. 

I will be submitting settlement for 2 additional accounts, hopefully both today (their from 2013 and seriously suppressing my scores)

I will be submitting a goodwill letter to Cap One for a few late payments I have from 2014. I have 3 accounts with them all with perfect history for the last 2 years.

I've been reading so many success stories on the forum and I hope to have my own soon!

Looking forward to keep plugging away for March!

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 34 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im checking in for the first time. Im new to the forums. I only officialy joined a a couple weeks ago but over the last year I would google questions I had & 9 times outta 10 it lead me to a thread here. These forums have been very useful in helping my establish good credit. Specifically with joining navy federal credit union & the asking for increase. Im currently at $15,000 limit. I also got the synchrony number for the overseas credit increase dept & have limits of $5000-10,000 on 5 synchrony cards. I have picked up many other tips as well. As far as goals I dont really have many. I do want the Marvel Card. I want to get a 2nd navy federal card and an increase on my local credit union Visa. I need to wait until June though because I have 5 inquiries that fall off my report in april & may. Other than that I just intend on gardening.
Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cherekas wrote:

Hello Everyone!

February is off to a good start for me. I have paid off 2 credit cards as of today and settled one old account. 

I will be submitting settlement for 2 additional accounts, hopefully both today (their from 2013 and seriously suppressing my scores)

I will be submitting a goodwill letter to Cap One for a few late payments I have from 2014. I have 3 accounts with them all with perfect history for the last 2 years.

I've been reading so many success stories on the forum and I hope to have my own soon!

Looking forward to keep plugging away for March!

You have had a good February!  Keep it up and let us know your progress! Smiley Happy

Don't forget when settling to get in writing if you do a pay for delete. Getting the items deleted will definitely yield nice points!

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.