Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Contributor

Re: February 2017 - Check In Thread

Thank you BBP!
gardening since: 12/02/2016.... last updated: 03/02/2017....rebuild starting score: (02/20/2016) EQ: 648 TU: 642 EX: 657
Curr. Score (Mortgage): EQ 05: 727, TU 04: 745, EX 02: 796
Goal Score (Mortgage): EQ 05: 760, TU 04: 760, EX 02: 796
Curr. Score (Fico 8): EQ: 760, TU: 769, EX: 801
Goal Score (Fico 8): EQ: 800, TU: 800, EX: 801 .......Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

My goal is to pay down my utilization (currently at about 40%) to below 30%.   

Starting Score: 657
Current Score: 683
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor

I'm new to the game, but hope not too late for the challenge. Lurked around forums past month, making a plan. Began today with the 3B. Scores fair. 

Goal Plans:

1. Pay down/off all credit cards except one to <10% utilization. (Have PIF 2 of these cards just within the last week)

2. Garden my cards till late in year, as my highest limit one is only a 1k limit, with HD, and age the accounts.

3. Only true credit card ie Visa, MC is a Milestone with a low limit 300, and $99 ! yearly fee. Hope to increase my FICO for a decent V or MC with a higher CLI and no fees!

4. Wait for inquiries to fall off, 2 cards were opened this year, new credit affecting current FICO. 

5. Save! Apply what I had been paying towards CCs, to go into a savings account for emergencies. This plaques us often, car, house repairs, repairs still needed.

Starting Score: 2/23/2017 Score 8 EQ 651 TU 659 EX 679
Current Score:4/21/2017 Score 8 EQ 691 TU 739 EX 737
Goal Score:700+ ATB
Contributor

Hello Everyone!

February is off to a good start for me. I have paid off 2 credit cards as of today and settled one old account. 

I will be submitting settlement for 2 additional accounts, hopefully both today (their from 2013 and seriously suppressing my scores)

I will be submitting a goodwill letter to Cap One for a few late payments I have from 2014. I have 3 accounts with them all with perfect history for the last 2 years.

I've been reading so many success stories on the forum and I hope to have my own soon!

Looking forward to keep plugging away for March!

Starting Score:EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614
Current Score: EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!

Im checking in for the first time. Im new to the forums. I only officialy joined a a couple weeks ago but over the last year I would google questions I had & 9 times outta 10 it lead me to a thread here. These forums have been very useful in helping my establish good credit. Specifically with joining navy federal credit union & the asking for increase. Im currently at $15,000 limit. I also got the synchrony number for the overseas credit increase dept & have limits of $5000-10,000 on 5 synchrony cards. I have picked up many other tips as well. As far as goals I dont really have many. I do want the Marvel Card. I want to get a 2nd navy federal card and an increase on my local credit union Visa. I need to wait until June though because I have 5 inquiries that fall off my report in april & may. Other than that I just intend on gardening.
Established Contributor

Cherekas wrote:

Hello Everyone!

February is off to a good start for me. I have paid off 2 credit cards as of today and settled one old account. 

I will be submitting settlement for 2 additional accounts, hopefully both today (their from 2013 and seriously suppressing my scores)

I will be submitting a goodwill letter to Cap One for a few late payments I have from 2014. I have 3 accounts with them all with perfect history for the last 2 years.

I've been reading so many success stories on the forum and I hope to have my own soon!

Looking forward to keep plugging away for March!

You have had a good February!  Keep it up and let us know your progress! Smiley Happy

Don't forget when settling to get in writing if you do a pay for delete. Getting the items deleted will definitely yield nice points!

gardening since: 12/02/2016.... last updated: 03/02/2017....rebuild starting score: (02/20/2016) EQ: 648 TU: 642 EX: 657
Curr. Score (Mortgage): EQ 05: 727, TU 04: 745, EX 02: 796
Goal Score (Mortgage): EQ 05: 760, TU 04: 760, EX 02: 796
Curr. Score (Fico 8): EQ: 760, TU: 769, EX: 801
Goal Score (Fico 8): EQ: 800, TU: 800, EX: 801 .......Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.