cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February check-in thread - how are you doing?

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: February check-in thread - how are you doing?

@Supawest wrote:

I started off the year with a FICO of 668 (equifax) and I'm now at 697 since joining the challenge. Changed the amount of debt I have on my credit card to under 30% and shot up 29 points. What is strange though is that I only went up 9 points via Experian (656-665). Don't get it.

Congrats on the 29! Chances are your Experian score isn't a FICO score, unless a lender is providing that for you. Just because a FAKO increases by 9, it doesn't mean your FICO would do the same. Who knows?! Maybe it went up 29, 39, or whatever per FICO.

Message 31 of 43
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Started out rebuilding in June 2012 and didnt even know what I was doing so I really have not seen any change until this year. I started out with a Premier Card limit of $250 and could not get financed for a car.

Today I have over $13k available in revolving credit and my Utilization is under 20% I am up 96 points since then with a 648 score trying to reach for 720!!! 

*8/10/13
Message 32 of 43
Supawest
Valued Member

@llecs wrote:
Congrats on the 29! Chances are your Experian score isn't a FICO score, unless a lender is providing that for you. Just because a FAKO increases by 9, it doesn't mean your FICO would do the same. Who knows?! Maybe it went up 29, 39, or whatever per FICO.

Thanks!! The Experian (656) was a lender pull but I pulled the 9 point increaseof 665 so it may be a FAKO. But my FICO pull definitely showed the 29point jump. I'll stick with the most positive (higher) number Smiley Happy

Starting score 656 EQ (Nov'12 Lender Pull)Current Score: EX 770 EQ 771 TU 780
Goal Score: 820 across

Message 33 of 43
flinjami83
New Contributor

I just joined myFICO today and am starting the fitness challenge today. 
A week ago I pulled my credit and my husbands on the annual credit report website run by the govt. I started tackling the negative accounts and have mailed out 3 PFD's and 1 GW last week. I have my fingers crossed to hear good news from those. 
We live in Florida and are hoping to move back to our home state of Virginia by the end of this year or beginning of next year with a goal in mind of buying our first home when we do. We messed up our credit when we were young and dumb and knew nothing about credit or being responsible with it. So fwd 10 years later and we are still cleaning up that mess.

Starting Score: 595 (2/22/13)
Current Score: FICO 624 (4/22/2014)
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 34 of 43
JBG
Established Member

Checking In.....

In Feb I did the following:

• Deleted 4 collection accounts ($832)
  • Paid 5 collection accounts ($1153.00)
  • Paid off 2 yes 2 car loans ($3,190)
  • Paid off my credit cards ($ 680)

I'm looking forward to my March credit reports..

Whats left:

5 Collection accounts ($3,300)

Almost there

TU: 524

EQ: 515

EX: 560

Starting Score: EQ 504, TU 524, Quizzle 560 Feb 2013
Current Score: EQ 650, TU 679 , EX 667 (1/19/15) All FiCO
Goal Score: 690
Official home owner as of Nov 2013 (Thanks to All of You)
Message 35 of 43
BikerMama
Established Member

I'm doing great! I did the following in Jan & Feb:

-paid off CC Debt ($6500)

-paid off loan balance from life insurance cash value ($2087)

-continued to garden (12 mos so far!) even though I am DYING to apply for this BOA golden key card

So as of right now I am totally debt free and I don't know what to do with myself. I've had huge credit card payments for the last 7 years!  Time to sock it all away I guess Smiley Happy

p.s. I did cheat - I got my tax return back, I don't bring in that kind of money every month

Starting Score: 747
Current Score: 797
Goal Score: 850

Message 36 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I told myself 2013 needs to be my credit score focus year. I ruined my credit at the ages of 18-25. At 33 I need to get on track. My score jumped 13pts a few days ago to 611 and got me super motivated. It CAN be fixed. It just takes hard work, discipline and patience. Good luck to everyone. 

Message 37 of 43
Bleety17
Regular Contributor

So far this month TU score went up 16 points EQ went up 46

So ready for march updates Smiley Happy I hope to be joining the 600 club

USAA Mastercard-$2000 USAA Visa-$2000 USAA SC-$600 NFCU-$12500 Walmart-$3500 BestBuy $1000 Navcheck 3000

Message 38 of 43
eagle1gator
Established Member

Can you tell me how you were able to turn it around? I am rebuilding and cleaning up credit issues after ch7 which discharged 3/2012. Thanks for any feedback

Starting Score: 554
Current Score: 584
Goal Score: 720

Message 39 of 43
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

So far so good! February has been good to us so far! Got 2 baddies deleted as well as a CC that finally started reporting! Score increased from 638 to a 663 so very happy about that!! I have also been helping my boyfriend with his credit and we got 3 baddies deleted including Portfolio Recovery! I sent out a motion to vacate a default judgment from 6 years ago, so still just waiting on that! Hopefully March is just as good to me!

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: EQ Fico 766 | TU Fico 715 | EX Fico 753
Goal Score: 800

Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.