cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improving the Fitness Challenge

Administrator

Re: Improving the Fitness Challenge

Bella007 wrote:

I totally agree about putting this in one of the other subforums. I only found it after seeing the icon in someone's signature and then searching for it. I had seen the title in the list of subforums, but really didn't know what it was and didn't feel compelled to click on it. It could go in the "General Credit Topics" subforum, since taking the challenge can involve many different aspects of credit. I know it also can involve other things like savings, investments, and such, but it is called the "FICO" Fitness Challenge. Smiley Happy

I also really like LOTR's suggestion of milestone icons. I am very visual, and I like seeing my credit card pics and other icons in my signature. I know some people don't really care about that, though. But having icons to signify different accomplishments is cool. The one problem with that is ending up with too many, and not having enough room in our signature sections. 

Building on that idea, though, I could see having different icons for FICO Fitness Challenge Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, et cetera for those that take part and post updates every month, remaining part of the challenge over multiple years. 

The one thing I will say, though, is that I hope the FICO Fitness Challenge continues. It differs from the Garden Club in that it can involve opening new credit as part of an individual's personal challenge goals, as opposed to merely committing to not opening any new credit. I think it definitely has a place in the forums. Smiley Happy

Thanks for those suggestions. I can see how the board can be overlooked as it is in its own area. General Credit Topics might be the way to go. 

Message 11 of 20
Highlighted
Administrator

Hi challenge members! The first step that I want us to take together to prove this challenge is choosing a new name (or not). A poll is going out tomorrow with 2 new choices and 1 choice of keeping the current name. 

I am also open to other suggestions from you all on the name. We can have rounds of voting. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 20
Administrator

The poll is open for voting!!

Message 13 of 20

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the challenge and i'm glad to be here.  I'm here to learn more about credit, but to also raise my score.  This credit journey has been rough and frustrating.  I want to gain insite about credit and the things to stay financially fit.

Starting Score: 611
Current Score: 626
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 20
Super Contributor

Cindy_FICO wrote:

The poll is open for voting!!

From my view point ... I appreciate the Logo and wording as it says I am working on Financial Fitness. Not sure that some other name couldn't work but, this forum does lend it self well to "Financial Fitness."

Now as an aside, you could add some weight machines, running track and similar equipment to make it easier to stay fit  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 807
Current Score: 828
Goal Score: 850

Message 15 of 20
New Contributor

Moving the thread from welcome to my Fico to another place. I think people look here less and may not start by checking this section out. I've been on everyday for hours it seems and I'm just now getting here.
Message 16 of 20
Established Member

Hello,

I may have overlooked such a thread as to a I am a new member but would like to know what I need to do to start the "myFICO fitness challenge"? I am starting in the high 500s low & 600s and my goal is to be in the 700 club in one year from now and soon into the coveted 800+ club.

Unfortunately my credit took huge hits in college due to simply not making enough money. Deciding between having to pay rent and feed my family or pay a debt that has already screwed my scores anyways? 

At this point, I make 75k and can easily build a savings but currently I need to pa off debts before I can build adequate savings. My wife who has sacrificed her career to take care of children finally has her opportunity to work again. Which will also allow us to pay of debt, create a hefty savings and in return build these scores. This is a personal journey for me. I never want to be denied due to be considered risky with credit again. The rejection hurts more from a lender than from a high school crush for prom.

Thank you!

P.S Coukld not find any info, but does improving your FICO 8s in turn improves your mortgage FICO scores? Trying to boost scores but at the end of the day, I only have about $500-700 a month I can dedicate to debts realistically(no help from family/friends, we are on our own with God's grace). Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 20
Administrator

ejm201 wrote:

Hello,

I may have overlooked such a thread as to a I am a new member but would like to know what I need to do to start the "myFICO fitness challenge"? I am starting in the high 500s low & 600s and my goal is to be in the 700 club in one year from now and soon into the coveted 800+ club.

Unfortunately my credit took huge hits in college due to simply not making enough money. Deciding between having to pay rent and feed my family or pay a debt that has already screwed my scores anyways? 

At this point, I make 75k and can easily build a savings but currently I need to pa off debts before I can build adequate savings. My wife who has sacrificed her career to take care of children finally has her opportunity to work again. Which will also allow us to pay of debt, create a hefty savings and in return build these scores. This is a personal journey for me. I never want to be denied due to be considered risky with credit again. The rejection hurts more from a lender than from a high school crush for prom.

Thank you!

P.S Coukld not find any info, but does improving your FICO 8s in turn improves your mortgage FICO scores? Trying to boost scores but at the end of the day, I only have about $500-700 a month I can dedicate to debts realistically(no help from family/friends, we are on our own with God's grace). Smiley Wink

Welcome to the forums! 

You can join the challenge here. There are monthly check-ins on how you are doing. Here is July's

Common questions about FICO Scores are answered on the Understanding FICO Scores board. 

Message 18 of 20
Established Member

I can figure out how to start the challenge

Starting Score: ( BK 7 D/C 2012) 8/21/2017 EX:549 EQ: 489 TU: 507
Current Score: 10/17/2017 EX:668 EQ:619 TU:665
Goal Score: 850

updated scores 11/4/2017: EX675, TU675, EQ643
Message 19 of 20
Established Member

I just joined the fitness challenge and I am not sure if I have my scores added correctly but look forward to learning and growing.
Starting Score: 543
Current Score: 553
Goal Score:720

Scores as of 11-16-17 EQUIFAX 543 TRANSUNION 553 EXPERIAN 543
Message 20 of 20