Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January 2018 Check-In Thread

tag
Oorah
New Contributor

Re: January 2018 Check-In Thread

Thanks Oh Joy.  

Yes, I am anxiously awaiting their response.  So far TU has only raised my score by 40 points after the deletion, but hopefully more points will follow.  Since the credit card companies reduced my limits, my utilization did go up.  I talked to Citi, and they said I would have to apply for a credit limit increase, even though their decision to lower my limit was based on false info.  Not sure I want the hit to my inquiries.  So unfair to the consumer that any info is eagerly accepted regarding debt to the credit bureau's, and the consumer is left with the negative effects.  It irritates the crap out of me.

Starting Score: 593
Current Score: 554,622,669
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Started the 2018 MyFICO Fitness Challenge today!

Message 32 of 45
ebruno6869
Valued Member

Just Checkin in. Pretty new to the boards as well as the challenge. Trying to work on my AAoA and Utilization this year as well as hit 750 across the board. Went on an app spree before I knew any better and those new accounts are now causing my fico score a bit of an issue. Goal is to not apply for any new accounts until 3/31 when I can apply for my 3rd NFCU card.

Starting Score: 677
Current Score: 729
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 33 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to the board...starting the challenge as my EQ is really bad and my TU good

Message 34 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to keep it simple this year. Smiley Happy

Goals:

1a). Continue saving 12% of income, and look to increase that if I'm able to lower my tax withholding.

1b). Look at depositing part of what I've already saved into a higher yield CD, maybe NFCU's Special 15-month at 2.25%

2a). Continue paying that extra $100 per month on my highest student loan balance

2b).  Pay off my lowest student loan balance, which is less than $350 now. It's just annoying seeing it there, lol!

3). No credit apps. Looking to get a ruby spade in December 2018

4). Pay down utilization. 

That's about it!

Smiley Happy

Wow, you're just getting financially stronger and stronger!  Love it! Smiley Happy

Thanks, LOTR! You too! Can't wait to read your posts some day soon about hitting 850's across the board and securing that mortgage!Smiley Happy

Message 35 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Oorah wrote:

Today I received a letter from Transunion letting me know that they deleted the bogus mortgage info and late payments that have been reporting since May 2017.  Hope to see a score update soon.  Equifax still shows an investigation in progress, and no word at all from Experian.   It seems that most creditors use Equifax to pull reports, so I am hoping that they delete the info soon.

Not much else I can do to improve my scores, except garden and pay down what debt I have.  Transunion and Experian are showing no inquiries, and Equifax is showing two.

That's good news, Oorah! Hope you get those score updates! Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all, this is my first forum post. Kind of been in-and-out getting advice and what not, but this year I've decided to participate more in the boards. My goal this year is to have an 800 credit score. I'm currently at 720, and participating in the gardening challenge. Excited to learn and grow my credit score and education this year. Good luck to all!

Welcome, mustberne! Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy 2018 Everyone!

New Year, brand new start: (New Member here!)

My credit scores:

March 2017 - Experian 566.

January 2018 through MyFico - EX 709, TU 707, EQ 693.

Goals for this year:

- Try to climb up to the 750-800’s.

- Only buy the things that I need.

- Continue saving at least half of the paycheck.

- Continue paying my student loans/credit cards on time.

- Continue to learn and grow especially in financial matters.

- Will garden for one year. (Cross fingers!)

- Hoping to learn from all the myFico community.

Thank you everyone! 🙂
Message 38 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am brand new! This is my first post but ive been reading these forums a lot over the past year. To feel I am at a place financially where I am even fit too register here means so much too me.

I have worked SO hard on getting credit and I am so proud of myself. This year my goal is too educate myself on how too properly manage what i have (credit wise), build a savings nest for my family, learn how too build what I have into more (score wise) and how too plan on preparing too purchase a house in the future and get the best rates and save for a down pymt (2019/2020).

I am just excited and proud too say "I have credit!" It means so much too me to be able too prove myself financially because I spent so long dismissing it.
Message 39 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there all! I have been working diligently on my scores since I would like to buy a home. When I joined MyFico on Dec. 4th, I had the following:

TU 585, EQ 548, EX 545

Now, those are my FICO8 scores. I didn't even know enough to look at my mortgage scores!! Well, after paying off all my debt (AZEO) and busting my butt to get stuff off my reports, i now have:

TU 689, EQ 652, EX 651

I am, of course, not doing anything to lower them, so I expect they will continue to go up. My current mortgage scores are:

TU: 654, EQ 648, EX 666

This puts me at a mid score of 654, which more than qualifies me for the VHDA loan I plan on using! YAY!!!!! I am SOOOO excited!!! 

I can honestly say that I did this by using tons of info I received in these forums. You guys are great!

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.