cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January 2018 Check-In Thread

tag
Lei7ani

Re: January 2018 Check-In Thread

Checking in. Fairly new to this site, gained alot of information in a short amount of time. Tackling my credit this year with high expectations.

Looking forward to sharing my journey. 

Starting Score: 12/30/17 EX 511 TU 533 EQ 513
Current Score:EX 511 TU 666 EQ 600
Goal Score: 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 41 of 45
Oorah
New Contributor

Not much happened this week. 

My scores did inch up a little, with the highest being 679, which is still a good drop from where it was.

I did hear back from Experian, and they VALIDATED the dismissed with prejudice debt on my report, which made me furious.

I called them, and they said that the paperwork I sent, and the name that the debt is listed under, are different, so they could not justify removing it.  You would think that they have never heard of collection agencies, loan servicing agencies, and other names that debts are listed under, that are not the originating loan company.  I asked her what documentation they provided that proved the debt was valid, and she said that they send them info on tape that is recorded on credit reports.  So, I asked her what documentation they send that proves that the debts they send are valid, and she didn't have an answer.  On the phone, she agreed with me, that the dates in the dismissal, and what is on my report make it appear to be the same debt.  The name being different is what stops them from deleting it.  The debt is listed on my credit report under the servicing company, and the court dismissal lists the bank.   Interestingly enough, the reporting party added a note that says "affected by natural or declared disaster"  I am not even sure why that comment was added.

I called my congressmans office, and they are going to file the dispute with the feds from his office for me.  Hopefully that will get someone's attention.  This is twice that Experian has validated this debt.  I still have not heard from Equifax.  Transunion removed it right away. 

Starting Score: 593
Current Score: 554,622,669
Goal Score: 750

Message 42 of 45
Lei7ani

A difference a day makes. TU jumped 130 points, EQ jumped 60. I sent out DV letters the first week of January & was added as an authorized user to a CC account.

Starting Score: 12/30/17 EX 511 TU 533 EQ 513
Current Score:EX 511 TU 666 EQ 600
Goal Score: 800+

Message 43 of 45
Oorah
New Contributor

Baby steps.  Sometimes that is all we can do.

This weeks update.

TU score went from 622 to 658 with the deletion of the bogus late payments from their report

Experian score went from 669 to 679, even with their refusal to delete bad info

Equifax I wont get an update on until Feb, so still reporting at 554, ugh, lowest ever score for me

Still waiting to hear back from Equifax regarding dispute, but I am getting a robo email every couple of days saying they are working on it.

Paperwork filled out, but not yet sent to Congressman regarding the refusal to delete by Experian.

Had another convo with Experian on the phone, and she informed me that whether the decision is made to delete or not, the report shows a FDOD as 05/2011 when they started reporting 05/2017, so it will probably fall off or start reporting as positive when it nears the 7 year mark nears. 

Paid off one credit card this week and shooting for another by the end of the month

I hope everyone is having success working toward their goals.

Starting Score: 593
Current Score: 554,622,669
Goal Score: 750

Message 44 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all! Just a quick follow up.... my high score is now 690 on the FICO8 and that is what my mortgage loan officer has pulled! YAY!! I received my pre-qualification and on Thursday of this coming week I have a meeting to drop off a few more documents, sign some papers and finalize my pre-approval! YAY!!!!! I also believe I found the house I want to bid on... I'll be far more certain today after I view several more. 

I could not possibly be more excited! 

Honestly, I have come this far because of the amazing advice in these forums. THANK YOU!

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.