Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2015 Check-in Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: July 2015 Check-in Thread

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you. I have a friend who has tons of lates (60-120 day delinquencis) who was told that per federal regulations, once a serious delinquency has been reported to the credit bureaus, it could not be removed. I didn't feel like this was true as I've seen people on this forum speak of having student loan items removed. He has since asked for a defrement. Do you know if this agreement works when you have a deferment?

I'm not sure how it works when a loan is in deferment, but have him contact his loan servicer. He will need to be able to make his normal monthly payments during the rehab, so as long as he can do that they can probably accomodate.

Message 21 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the last 2 days, 2 of my scores have gone up.  Equifax 10 points, Trans Union 9 points.  I have no clue why but I hope Experian follows.  I wish when changed occurred it would tell you why.  All my alert says is it increased.   Hopefully the increases continue, we are hoping to be in a house before Christmas. 

EQ: 672

TU: 688

Ex.  678

Message 22 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noooo more apps for me!
P.S. I'm new here.. so yeah... heeeey
Message 23 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much does a score typically go up after an inquiry drops off?

Message 24 of 51
jasiono
Established Member

EQ 603 

TU 603

EX 594

I'm not really sure what else I can do, to be honest, with the exception of keeping up with my payments.

I'll most likely send out GW letters again this Friday and see if anyone bites down on it.

Gotta pay the rest of my taxes owed this Friday as well, but that has nothing to do with my score. Kinda sucks that all this money is being handed to the government because my checks weren't properly adjusted for it. 

Once that is done, no more of that shenanigans lol

Starting Score: 569
Current Score: EQ612, TU615, EX594
Goal Score: 650+ Across The Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep,seeing these garden comments? What does this mean?

Message 26 of 51
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

I've seen some increases in my scores.  I'm waiting for a payment to apply to one of my credit cards and then I will have paid off all of the credit cards I intended to this year.  However, with opening new cards and taking advantage of spend bonuses, cashback categories and balance transfers, I now have three credit cards carrying a balance.  One has no interest until next April, another has no interest until November and the other only has the balance transfer on it which is 0% for 15 months.  However, I will be moving early September so I am trying to save money for rent, deposit and moving truck.  So where I could pay the cards off in a couple of months, I will take longer since my money needs to be spent elsewhere.  I should have no trouble being credit card debt free by the end of the year and then I'll be saving for a debt free vacation in April/May.  When I get back from vacation, it's on to paying off my student loans!

Message 27 of 51
Agelessdiva

Smiley Happy New here and wanted to say HI. I am happy to be here and look forward to a better score. Wish I had thought about my credit years ago.

Starting Score: July 07 2015 Eq. 612 Tu 604 Ex 607
Current Score: Oct. 2015 Eq 634 Tu 643 Ex 634
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here also!  Think I got that 8 month itch out of my system!  Smiley Wink

Message 29 of 51
thomasjm99
Regular Contributor

Checking in for July...

Got a 6 point bump from TU but it's still my lowest of the 3 scores.  Put myself in the Garden as well so I can tend to the 5 new accounts that should be reporting sometime this month!

Message 30 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.