Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: July 2015 Check-in Thread

Thank you.

Message 41 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess what I'm wondering is, could a score potentially go up as his head as 15-20 points with 7-8 inquiries coming off? If is it completely caraway hoping it would?

Message 42 of 51
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous_0723 wrote:

I guess what I'm wondering is, could a score potentially go up as his head as 15-20 points with 7-8 inquiries coming off? If is it completely caraway hoping it would?

One thing that is looked at is what else remains on a report after a negative is removed.

How many pros and cons are still reported? That's very important. Perhaps others might offer a guess as to possible gain of points but I don't like to guess.

Only time will tell. Please let us know what happens.

If you haven't already you might visit Understanding FICO Scoring and solicit responses/opinons there.

Message 43 of 51
thomasjm99
Regular Contributor

Morning all....

My new Cap One Card reported to EXP this morning and I saw a 31 point jump to 609!  So excited... Can't wait for the card to report to the other CRs!

Message 44 of 51
arl12345
Valued Member

I haven't been on here in a while. My goals have change since I last posted anything. The first half of the year has been very exciting. My husband and I closed on our fist home on April 17th. I have never been so happy! I never thought I would ever say I am a home owner. In the past year and a half I have raised my scores from the low 500s to above 650. My mortgage scores were all around the 670s. I haven't reach my goal of 700 yet, but I'm sure with my mortgage on my reports and my on time payments I am sure to hit it soon!  

I have changed my goals from the begining of the year. 

September - Refinance my car for a lower interest rate

Five Years - Refinance my home from an FHA loan to a Conventional to get away from the PMI

Other than that, continue using my credit wisely, continue to raise my scores, continue to raise my CC limits.

My hopes is to be in the 700 club by the end of the year!

Starting Score Average: EQ 569 TU 501 EX 562
Current Score: EQ 667 TU 757 EX 656
Goal Score Average: 800 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 45 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay! Experian up 7 points this morning after the cli on one of my cards reported.  I hope TU and EQ catch up soon. I also got a cli on my other card and expect 4 inquiries to come off as of today.  Hopefully this will be a good week!

Message 46 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 47 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just joined this month, not much to report. My only account, a fingerhut account, just opened, has it's first payment due 8/3, $15.xx. I'll be making my first payment of $30 on 8/1 (the day I plan to always pay this bill). Oh, I was going to open to capital one I was pre-approved for, but am going to wait until next month, after I make my first fingerhut payment.
Message 48 of 51
mwlcolorado
Established Member

Greetings!  I've been closely tracking my score now since the beginning of the year but never posted on here.  My new years resolution was to ultimately qualify for a 0% interest loan on my new vehicle purchase in December but I've since tweaked it a little bit to be at an 801 before I take out that loan.  I'm almost there as I have a couple things coming up that should push my score up over that edge!  

Starting Score: 626 (EQ) / 646 (TU) / 631 (EX) 10 January 2015
Current Score: 775 (EQ) / 776 (TU) / 754(EX) 30 July 2015
Goal Score: 801

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 49 of 51
IGotBack

Although it's almost the end of July 2015, by the end of the month I plan on requesting my 3X Credit Limit Increase on my AMEX Everyday Card (from $4K to $12K). I jumped the gun on this during the middle part of the month. I was told to try back on the actual 6 month date (on 06/27/2015). Hope it works in my favor.

EQ: 702
EX: 710
TU: 714

[IMG]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l131/IGotBack/Cards/Discover-it-cash-credit-card-blue_zps2frnchw2.png[/IMG][/URL]
Message 50 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.