Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2015 Check-in Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: July 2015 Check-in Thread

Hi Guys!

I am new to the forums. I have been a lurker for a while just feeding off everyones brain. I am now taking the plunge and to introduce myself!

I am 32 year old mommy of two. I have the privlidge of working from home selling timeshare resales. I did lots of bad things to my credit in my early 20's and I am now trying ti rebuld. 

I started off with 525 on basically all FICOS. In one month all scores went up! EQ: 565, TU: 577, EXP: 576. 

Currently I have 2 Capital One cards with $300 CL on each, $600 CL on a CreditOne Card, $250 CL Victorias Secret, and $9000 CL at Macys. All are paid on time. 50% UTI on all cards except Macys which has a $2000 balance. 

My thinking is to get a loan enstallement to pay off my credit card balance and hopefully my FICO will go up? I also have 4 negs all due to medical bills ( total about $1200)

My goal is to get enough credit by end of year to get a car loan at a good APR. 

I would love feed back and advice!

GO GET'EM

Message 31 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

paid judgements will reflect PAID , but will not be removed for 7 yrs...

Message 32 of 51
J91605
Frequent Contributor

Just starting as of now! Looking forward to making some progress to report in the next few months!

Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 33 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday was such a good day for my credit scores. Experian finally updated my dispute results and my score skyrocketed from 690 to 779. While in the garden I have been working on cleaning up my reports and now everything is clean as a whistle. Good luck on your progress everyone!

Message 34 of 51
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you. I have a friend who has tons of lates (60-120 day delinquencis) who was told that per federal regulations, once a serious delinquency has been reported to the credit bureaus, it could not be removed. I didn't feel like this was true as I've seen people on this forum speak of having student loan items removed. He has since asked for a defrement. Do you know if this agreement works when you have a deferment?

Hi there.

If you haven't already you might ask about this in the Student Loans board. There are some pretty sharp folks who visit there.

Message 35 of 51
thomasjm99
Regular Contributor

So one of my new revolving accounts reported it's first small balance and my EQ got a 6 point bump. I'll take it!!  

Happy Monday everyone!!

Message 36 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband had a lot of inquiries on his reports.  We expect 8 of them to come off on the 19th.  Since your watching this on your report,mod you know how much an inquiry coming off adds to your score?  Do they come off at exactly one year?

Message 37 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you explain what the garden is? I can't seem to find it anywhere on here.  Thank you

Message 38 of 51
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous_0723 wrote:

My husband had a lot of inquiries on his reports.  We expect 8 of them to come off on the 19th.  Since your watching this on your report,mod you know how much an inquiry coming off adds to your score?  Do they come off at exactly one year?

Hi there.

Inquiries only affect scoring for 12 months but remain on reports for creditors to see for 24 months.

IMO (In My Opinon) it's almost impossible to know the exact impact of inquiries dropping off because every credit profile is different but it's a positive thing.

Message 39 of 51
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous_0723 wrote:

Can you explain what the garden is? I can't seem to find it anywhere on here.  Thank you

Visiting the Garden Club should explain everything.

Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.