Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2016 Check-In

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

July 2016 Check-In

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly checkins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2016

I know I'm starting this a little late in the year, but hey, better late then never rightSmiley Happy  I just started with Lexington law last month and have already seen some improvments. I am also looking into paying off some of my old collections if ther creditors are will to delete history for payment in full.  Credit was something I never took seriously in my youngrer years and its really coming back to bite me in the lower half. If anyone has any suggestions or advice, please I'm looking to learn as much as possible.  Thanks and good luck to all others in the same situation.

Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm new to the site. My goals for the remainder of 2016 are to stay in the garden, utilize less than 10% of my TCL, PIF both of my cards each month, and put monthly deposits into savings to build an emergency fund. And to watch my scores go up!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I'm working through an aggressive credit card paydown plan. I got caught up in 0 APR offers, so I have two expiring this year and one in January 2017. I started managing my debt in April/May of this year. I currently have $5,961 in debt. I'm a freelancer, so I have a small and unstable income with summer being my slow season. I will be paying off my first big balance by the end of this month. I went from $1,469 to $274 on the account so far. I got an Auto CLI along the way, and my score is already improving. Once I created my plan, I immediately felt in control and happier. My goal is to be debt free by June 2017. Along the way, I'd like to increase my score to 750+ so that I can qualify for my first low-interest card. I'm using a time-based payment plan to clear each balance before the 23% APR kicks in.

Way to go everyone! We can do this!

Message 3 of 7
SingleWithThree
Valued Member

I am joining a little late, but happy to be here.  I am a mother of three trying very hard to get back on track financially after a difficult couple of years.  I had repaired my credit several years ago and then experienced a period of unemployment that lasted just under two years.  I decided to rebuild my credit again after realizing that I cannot afford the high cost of rent much longer whereI currently reside.  My goal is to purchase a home for my family by next spring.  I have acquired several credit cards and a secured loan through Alliant and I have successfully made on-time monthly payments, often paying more than the minimum.  Just this week I also achieved less than 9% utilization on all available credit!  

I think the biggest hurdle I will be facing is saving for my down payment, but I have put a lot of action steps into place and I am confident that anything is possible with the right attitude.  I wish everyone the best of luck and a successful 2016, whatever your goals are!

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 637
Goal Score: 700

Message 4 of 7
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Best wishes to you too!

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 5 of 7
nesha26
Established Member

Get a secured credit card and pay it on time every month, within 3 months, your score will increase!
Message 6 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.