Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2017 Check-In Thread

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: July 2017 Check-In Thread

Well this month hasn't been the month that I hoped for... apparently no NCAP love for me so I'm going down alternative paths.  Also let all my revolvers report zero, whoopsie, -23 points on EX FICO 8, awesome.

Worst case it's another month down without any financial or credit hiccup (besides the transitory one that'll be sorted in a week when the Costco card reports) so that's all fine, but getting antsy waiting.  May go EE on EX, may go dispute on EQ after freezing LN especially when I know the court reference number is wrong, sigh.  Ah well, here's looking to the future, nada in August but September should be good at least on EX.

Sept 2017:

Tax lien should come off EX and maybe EQ here.

Dec 2017:
Two inquiries off Experian - 1 left

Jan 2017:
One inquiry off Experian - 0 left

Feb 2018:

I hit AAOA of 4 years
1 inquiry off Equifax - 0 left, 0/0/0 for scorable inquiries, just a truly dumb 30D late on TU as my only blip, well that and short credit history and installment utilization haha, can't come up all aces even in the credit world I guess for a while longer.

Hope things are going well for everyone else!

        
Message 11 of 19
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I couldn't be happier!  Checked my scores today!

22 Jul FICO.JPG

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BungalowMo wrote:

I couldn't be happier!  Checked my scores today!

22 Jul FICO.JPG

You've done an A W E S O M E job!! Congrats!!!

Message 13 of 19
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Anusara wrote:

Thanks!!!

I got a consolidation loan for some higher interest balances & that made all the difference in the world.  

I originally thought the scores were high because the poan hadn't been reported yet, but when I checked...there they were, so this really made me so happy! 

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BungalowMo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!!!

I got a consolidation loan for some higher interest balances & that made all the difference in the world.  

I originally thought the scores were high because the poan hadn't been reported yet, but when I checked...there they were, so this really made me so happy! 

You're welcome!Smiley Happy You deserve it!

Message 15 of 19
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Well most of the appliances have been charged and hit on statements. However they did not nose dive as much as I thought. Perhaps because I finally got down to only one card reporting a balance. The utilization went from 6% but less than 29%, FICO 8 scores EQ dropped 3, TU 1, and EX 11. Mortgage score, down 5 on EQ, +4 on TU, and unchanged on EX.  I will be so glad to get it under 8.99 now. I did have to charge on a second one, the balance wont report till next month, hoping I can PIF and keep the AZEO. 

We have been extended twice on hotel stay, and now here till Aug 22nd. Have been here since June 21st, ready to come home. First couple of weeks were ok, meeting new guests on extended stay have been nice and now stay in touch friends, but the rest is getting old real fast! 

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DollyLama wrote:

Well most of the appliances have been charged and hit on statements. However they did not nose dive as much as I thought. Perhaps because I finally got down to only one card reporting a balance. The utilization went from 6% but less than 29%, FICO 8 scores EQ dropped 3, TU 1, and EX 11. Mortgage score, down 5 on EQ, +4 on TU, and unchanged on EX.  I will be so glad to get it under 8.99 now. I did have to charge on a second one, the balance wont report till next month, hoping I can PIF and keep the AZEO. 

We have been extended twice on hotel stay, and now here till Aug 22nd. Have been here since June 21st, ready to come home. First couple of weeks were ok, meeting new guests on extended stay have been nice and now stay in touch friends, but the rest is getting old real fast! 

Hang in there. It's almost over. Personally, I prefer to make 1 payment a month. It makes life much simpler.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Things are progressing: scores are eeking upward by a few points every month with each debt being paid down.  

1.) BofA is at 0 ($5800 limit)!  It feels good to look at the balance due and see a big fat zero!  I've been glancing at it the last few days just because I like the way it looks, lol.  Cat Wink

2.) Citi is down to 5200 ($9300 limit).  I think I might be able to pay this off by the end of August, actually.  Which will feel so nice!  After that, I attack Chase.

3.) Chase is at 6300 (closed, but reporting at $8500 limit).  This one won't take me too long to pay down.

In other news, I applied for Amex Platinum and got approved.  I know it doesn't effect  overall utilization, but it will be a positive tradeline (as long as I do my part and pay on time, every time), and because I need travel cards, this one will work out nicely.  My plan is to very soon not be paying for airline tickets.  

I app'd for QS1 because I got prequal'd, and I'd like to transfer part of the Chase balance to it, if I get approved.  I got the 7-10 day message, so I guess it could go either way from what I'm reading.  I called today and it is still pending.

I get a raise of 10K per year on August 1st, so that will be going towards debt pay-off as well.  

My car loan is getting to the point where paying the rest off will be reasonable in the next few months.  

The telecom collections: it has been definitively determined that it belongs to another Ms. X, so I've filed another dispute with EX and TU (never reported to EQ) and told the CA that I was doing so, and that they will of course report the proper information to the CRA when they make contact with the CA (to which the CA said "yes, that is correct.")  I will start filing complaints if these disputes come back verified.

I'm going to call the medical OC in the next couple of weeks to see if they will retract the collections and let me pay them directly.  My privacy rights were certainly violated in this regard, as I never authorized the detailed medical information to be released to the CA, nor did I receive this particular bill.  

Student loan and personal loans on autopay, so they continue to be paid on time.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Things are progressing: scores are eeking upward by a few points every month with each debt being paid down.  

1.) BofA is at 0 ($5800 limit)!  It feels good to look at the balance due and see a big fat zero!  I've been glancing at it the last few days just because I like the way it looks, lol.  Cat Wink

2.) Citi is down to 5200 ($9300 limit).  I think I might be able to pay this off by the end of August, actually.  Which will feel so nice!  After that, I attack Chase.

3.) Chase is at 6300 (closed, but reporting at $8500 limit).  This one won't take me too long to pay down.

In other news, I applied for Amex Platinum and got approved.  I know it doesn't effect  overall utilization, but it will be a positive tradeline (as long as I do my part and pay on time, every time), and because I need travel cards, this one will work out nicely.  My plan is to very soon not be paying for airline tickets.  

I app'd for QS1 because I got prequal'd, and I'd like to transfer part of the Chase balance to it, if I get approved.  I got the 7-10 day message, so I guess it could go either way from what I'm reading.  I called today and it is still pending.

I get a raise of 10K per year on August 1st, so that will be going towards debt pay-off as well.  

My car loan is getting to the point where paying the rest off will be reasonable in the next few months.  

The telecom collections: it has been definitively determined that it belongs to another Ms. X, so I've filed another dispute with EX and TU (never reported to EQ) and told the CA that I was doing so, and that they will of course report the proper information to the CRA when they make contact with the CA (to which the CA said "yes, that is correct.")  I will start filing complaints if these disputes come back verified.

I'm going to call the medical OC in the next couple of weeks to see if they will retract the collections and let me pay them directly.  My privacy rights were certainly violated in this regard, as I never authorized the detailed medical information to be released to the CA, nor did I receive this particular bill.  

Student loan and personal loans on autopay, so they continue to be paid on time.

Good job! Keep up the good work!!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.