Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2017 Check In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: June 2017 Check In Thread

@DollyLama wrote:

I normally don't post till I get my reports on the 23rd. 

Progress-continuning to decrease utilization, on a hold pattern as I'm having to keep an account open where I have my husband as an AU, until his approved Cap 1 hits in about a month after 2 statement cuts. So I plan on paying that off then. 

Had paid off my Amazon and dang it, my yrly prime fee has now posted, so I will again need to PIF. 

Nothing yet on our insurance claim on kitchen, work to begin anywhere 21st-28th, we are packing up to live in a hotel for more than a month. I'm really not looking forward to this, it's about 15 miles away from our residence, and we must continue to return to mow the yard and pick up mail on hold at Post Office, and check on the progress and pitfalls I'm sure. 4 people in a much smaller hotel room, albeit a 2 br suite, with different working hours, sleeping times, and a dog. 

I'm trying to plan between 2 cards on having to replace the appliances, have to wait till a statement cut, buy a couple on it, then wait for statement cut on other and finish buying remaining appliances, so I can have 1 reporting zero, or enough to keep util low, hopefully not more than 2 months. 

Have a paid collection from 3/25 that has been called on twice, have email in hand, on company letterhead that they would delete, if I see it on there come report time, will file a complaint with CFPB. The removal will give me a clean file on TU. 

Working on re-establishing my husband's, he only had on his report a paid installment back in 2008, will fall off in a year, had no FICO. So I'm throwing his numbers out here for me to remember, as it's only 2 AU accts and the paid installment. All reports clean. 

6/15/17 EX- 732, 1 scoreable inquiry 4/17, 2 others will fall off in March 2018 10.5 Oldest Age, 4.1 AAoA

EQ- 726, 2 scoreable inquires, 4/17 (Discover denied, I guess due to new credit and AU status), weird-it listed too many inquiries????? (one AU not reporting)

Oldest Age 10.5, AAoA 6.9

TU-768, 1 scoreable inquiry, 4/17, 2 others will fall off in March 2018- 10.5 Oldest Age, 4.1 AAoA  

7% utilization on EX and TU, and 22 % utilization on EQ due to the other AU not being reported and therefore not calcuating the total line of credit that is 0 balance.

No helping factors, Negative factors EX- no installment, no revolving recent activity (even though I had him do a small charge on 1 account with his card)

TU- too few accounts

EQ- too few accounts, short credit history, no credit card activity 

Will edit if any major changes come report pull dates. 

If you don't need to maximize your scores right now then don't stress over your utilization increasing. Good luck on your new kitchen! Don't stress y'all can make the hotel situation work.Smiley Happy 

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

This month is going along quite well.  I think if I boil it down to two goals, it would be 1.) Decrease utilization (pay off cards) and 2.) Clean up credit report.  

For my first goal, as of today I have BofA paid down to $650 (CL $5800).  My other cards are being paid on time with a little bit above the monthly minimums.  Next month, BofA will have a zero balance and I'll start working on Citi.  Then I'll tackle Chase, and should be good.  

As for my second goal, things are moving slower, but that's okay.  It's a bit more complex than just pay down a balance.  The telecom collections that is sitting on my report I disputed last month through the bureaus came back "verified."  This is most certainly not mine, so I called the telecom company to try to figure out what is going on.  After talking to the nice lady there, it was definitely confirmed that I am not the one responsible for that account (street address I never lived at, phone number I never had, different middle initial).  She had me call the CA, who said they would have the OC send all the account info to me so I can then call the CA and get it straightened out.  All in all, they were actually very nice to me over the phone.  And then 5 minutes after getting off the phone, the CA called me and asked for my SSN and DOB, because his supervisor wanted to get things squared away as soon as possible.  This CA is actually one of the "good ones."  They have a pretty decent reputation around town and are not only in the collections business, but also do some sort of tech outsourcing, and they aren't abusive.  So I trust that they'll come through.  

On the other hand, the medical collections from another CA--things aren't moving along as well.  I've sent 2 PFD letters, and their response?  Put a notation on my CR that I'm disputing the information.  All I said was that I was not claiming responsibility for the debt.  Other than the notation, they haven't responded--no phone calls or any letters.  My next step is to contact the OC to see if they'll work with me.  

My FAKOs have gotten into the "yellow zone," and I expect my FICOs to go up a little when BofA reports the statement balance. Taking control!

Message 12 of 14
javonnj
Valued Member

I hit a major pothole during the springtime that saw me spending out of control. I was making very poor financial decisions to say the least, and my credit score has tumbled more than 100 points as a result. Two of my credit cards are more than double what their limit is. I was writing bad checks to pay them off. My one card has reported 120 days late which essentially means that I am stuck in this position for at least the next few years. I honestly let all of this happen, because I put wants ahead of needs.

I woke up this morning and am now determined to get back on track. I think the one thing that finally pushed me to take my finances seriously was seeing just how much having good credit can impact things in your life in a positive manner. So many of my friends have good credit and are able to have a lot more flexibility in their lives than I am. In some cases, I make more than double what they do, and cannot afford to have the same peace of mind that they do. Looking forward to updating you all next month with more positive news. 

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 500
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@javonnj wrote:

I hit a major pothole during the springtime that saw me spending out of control. I was making very poor financial decisions to say the least, and my credit score has tumbled more than 100 points as a result. Two of my credit cards are more than double what their limit is. I was writing bad checks to pay them off. My one card has reported 120 days late which essentially means that I am stuck in this position for at least the next few years. I honestly let all of this happen, because I put wants ahead of needs.

I woke up this morning and am now determined to get back on track. I think the one thing that finally pushed me to take my finances seriously was seeing just how much having good credit can impact things in your life in a positive manner. So many of my friends have good credit and are able to have a lot more flexibility in their lives than I am. In some cases, I make more than double what they do, and cannot afford to have the same peace of mind that they do. Looking forward to updating you all next month with more positive news. 

I'm glad you're taking back your finances. If you haven't already, spend some time in the Rebuilding Forum. I look forward to reading about your successes. Best of luck to you and thank you for sharing your story!Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.