Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June Check in Thread

tag
Goal777

,Re: June Check in Thread

Hi,

I am very new to the myFICO Fitness Challenge but I am ready to take it on. I have been trying to rebuild my credit since 2010, after 2 BKs and a terrible payment history on many accts. Im ready to see where it goes starting to see small progress already. ThanksHeart

Starting Score: EQ 481 TR 512 EX 524
Current Score: EQ 529 TR 536 EX 575
Goal Score: 777

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 41
hnycaraml
Established Member

Re: June Check in Thread - UPDATE!!!

I am happy to report that I was able to be approved for a new Cap One Platinum Mastercard!!!  I got the pre-approval letter in the mail....paced over it for a couple hours and finally decided to pull the trigger.  I was only approved for a 300 CL, but that will go up in 5 months with on time payments.  I am so stoked.  The one commnality I see amongst those with high FICO scores is the ability to hold onto CCs, pay them on time, as well as any other revolving or installment loan.

I was contemplating another secured card, but now I am going to sit back for a bit with my new card, my existing secured card, and continue working on getting those CAs removed from my reports.  I am really looking forward to getting to the point where I qualify for a car loan.   I could not have done this without the help I have found in the forums.  Gonna keep the UTI down and my eyes on the prize!!  Woo Hoo!!!!!

Starting Score: TU 520 EQ 509 EX 481
Current Score: TU 577 EQ 571 EX 557
Goal Score: TU 748 EQ 730 EX 700

" height="50">
Message 22 of 41
Loques
Regular Contributor

Re: June Check in Thread

After 4 years of working towards getting all kinds of baddies off my CR, I only have a few left! They will be falling off in the next 2 years. In the meantime, my goal is to not apply for any new cards or HP CLIs. I want to see what my scores would be like with no baddies and no new inquiries in 7/2016!

I know it's a longshot and it's easy to fall to the wayside when it comes to shiny new cards, but I'm determined to see my scores rise! I started in the mid/high-400s in 2010, and it was very difficult to manuever away from it. But here I am: closed on my home in 2/2014, FINALLY joined the Amex family, and have decent limits on my TLs (really, more than I will use)!

So, I will be sitting back and watching my scores rise (hopefully, faster than they have since 2010 Smiley Tongue)!

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 23 of 41
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Wow! Six months flies by when you are having fun!  I know you are all hard at work  with your credit goals.  As we enter the second half of the year, do you see the need to adjust the goals you set in January? Are you happy with your progress thus far?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. 

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! What have been your biggest accomplishments and obstacles so far in the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2014?

Okay here's my June checkin, but I'm about 6 wks into challenge.  As a reminder my goals were:

1. I want to improve my FICO score to the 760-850 range. TU bankcard 744; EX bankcard 818; EQ protectID 741/mortgage pull 780
  2. I want to buy a new house near my children (keeping my current home as rental property). Offered on two homes got neither.
  3. The FICO score I want to improve by 9/2014.  I want to be preapproved for a home loan by 11/2014. My FICO score is confusing.  I have credit cards that lists my FICO scores on my statements, but when a identity theft protection service provided the scores, it was 40 points lower. Pre-approved & offered on two homes.

I'm on track to have all credti card debt paid 9/2014; I've gotten all of my credit card debt below 25% utilization and I paid off two cards this month.  I was on a plan to pay off all debt by 12/2016 (including my house), but I'm now paying off credit cards and saving additional down payment funds.  After not getting either home.  Used earnest funds withdrawn from acct to pay off all, but one credit card two days ago.

After I pay off cards, I'll save 3K per month for extra funds toward mortgage (using the extra to cover closing costs and fees so that the down I have saved will go toward mortgage loan). Owe 1K on card.  Will save 2K in July if don't acquire house in July.

1. Based on Trimerge, two of my FICO scores are above 760.  Based on FICO bankcard score my Experian is now at 818 and I'm pleased with that outcome. Protected ID appears to give a score lower than bankcard and mortgage score.  Thus, I'll consider met when my TU bankcard or mortgage score reaches 760+
  2. In progress.  Still seeking home, up north.
  3. This goal for Pre-approval was met in April.  The goal with FICO scores good enough scores for best mortgage rate was met in May.

Going forward, I'm working on goal 1 and goal 2.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Message 24 of 41
Pragma

Color me FIT!  The goal for 2014 was to get all scores above 750.  In June 2013 my scores were: (MyFICO.com) EQ-660, TU-695, EX-??? after starting in 2012 to rebuild my credit after years of neglect.  Using much of the information in these threads I started to focus on strategies to bump up the numbers.  I was doing well with TU and EX (so glad they allowed the scores to be sold again) but my Equifax score was always lagging behind...until today when FICO and EQ changed their scoring model.  I woke up this morning to a nice alert from MyFICO.com showing that my EQ score jumped!

Last week my scores from MyFICO.com were: TU-824, EX-785, EQ-740.  Today with the new scoring model: TU-824, EX-785, EQ-780.  A 40 point bump that takes me well above my 2014 goal!  I guess it is time to modify the goal and push to 800 on each score by the end of the 2014 fitness challenge.

In my wallet: Platinum Delta AMEX: 18K, NFCU Signature: 25K, NFCU nRewards (was my secured card to start the 2012 rebuild effort, later promoted): 25K, MilStar Card: 8.2K.  Util: always less than 10%.

Message 25 of 41
kingkai1990
Contributor

Month was starting off well. IT IS CURRENTLY NOT GOING WELL. 

Problem is that my family wants to move because they are ''upset'' with the way the apartment we have is. Which I would agree it could be better, but we'll live. 

HOWEVER, we absoultely CANNOT afford to move right now. If we do, my credit will suffer badly. Actually, our entire finances because somebody decided to get a luxury car. I was already forced to use 80% of my credit balance this week...

It's not going well and I'm losing faith in my CS.

However, I did send a GW letter to Wells Fargo. 

Sorry, just wanted to rant. 

Message 26 of 41
hnycaraml
Established Member

Kingkai1990- dissatisfaction over where you live should not overshadow the blessing of having a place to live. Something your family might want to think about. There are plenty with no homes at all. I suggest you protect your credit score and tell them to deal. Just my two cents.

Starting Score: TU 520 EQ 509 EX 481
Current Score: TU 577 EQ 571 EX 557
Goal Score: TU 748 EQ 730 EX 700

" height="50">
Message 27 of 41
Sublime_sonrisa
Established Member

Hello all,

I'm new to posting but I've been lurking for quite some time and decided to join the fun! I've been working on my credit for about two years and am making strides. I recently got married and my husband and I are hoping to purchase our first home this year. I was incredibly ignorant about credit in college and stupid with my finances so I have been battling repercussions from that financial low point for a long time (student loan lates, a CO, and even a judgement *facepalm*). Good news now is that I am nearing the 7.5 year mark on a lot of my baddies. Every open account has been in good standing for two years and I try really hard to keep my 2 cc's util below 20%. I'm really hoping that as these derogs start to fall off, I'll get above the 700 mark. I can't wait to see what you all do to reach your goals in hopes that it will help me reach mine! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 570's
Current Score: TU 726, EQ 670, EX 687
Goal Score: 700

Message 28 of 41
kingkai1990
Contributor

@hnycaraml wrote:
Kingkai1990- dissatisfaction over where you live should not overshadow the blessing of having a place to live. Something your family might want to think about. There are plenty with no homes at all. I suggest you protect your credit score and tell them to deal. Just my two cents.

Thanks. The biggest issue is people are starting to feel ''entitled'' about living conditions or how our place should be. The problem is that we financially don't plan well. My take on it is go 'one more year'' just so that we can save money and leave. It's becoming much bigger than what it is which will not go well. 

Message 29 of 41
CreditDipp
Established Member

I'm still on the course and gaining just fine. Atlast i was able to get my scores from MyFico.com (see below). I'm in the garden till Jan 2015.

Myfico.com

Ex - 696

Eq- 687

Tu - 709

Starting Score: 581 (4/20/14)
Current Score: 696 (6/21/14)
Goal Score: 720

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.