Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2018 Check In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: March 2018 Check In Thread

@Anonymouswrote:

Just starting this Journey (Current scores in Sig).

I think the biggest hit to my current credit is when i had to close two cards with balances (during a divorce in 2011). I would suspend the card/report it lost/stolen, and the now ex-wife new my info and would call and get another card, cycle repeated for several months. I finally got aggravated and told them they could close them because they kept letting someone else restore charging priveledges. 

So i have 100% utilization.

Synchrony Lowes 3700/0

Ge Capital Sears 1480/0

Barclay 0/2650

My Goal is to pay the 2 cards of rather quickly 3-4 months so that when the other negatives fall off i should be ok and then start paying the local credit union down.

The only other tradelines i have open

@Nationstar Mortagage. 147k @ 4% (approx 70k Equity)

@Anonymous Financial 20k @ 5.99 Auto

Student Loans 84k

@Anonymous Union 25k @ 8.74 Boat

Hey brntphish, it sounds like you're on an aggressive plan to get everything fixed. That is awesome! I noticed the boat loan in your post right away. My husband and I really want to eventually get a bass or v-hull boat (I like the v-hulls), but we might start with a used one. Smiley Happy 

Message 21 of 38
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Thanks, Bella007! 😊

Kudos to you!!👍

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 22 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! My score continues to climb...I'm never going back...I'm almost in the 700 club!!!!
Message 23 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bella,

Yes even though I thought my FICO Eq 9 is pretty solid and my payment history for last 4 years is strong. 

Killing me are about 8 COs that have another 3 years to fall off all together. 

Yes gardening is what I'm planning on doing too. Hopefully it will steadily enhance the scores. Target is 700+ 

Message 24 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw some good things and bad things for March, it also seems that they all happened within the last 3 days, which means that my scores don't reflect the good things that took place just the bad thing.

In Febuary at this time my scores were

EQ 671

TU 707

EX 712

Today they are

EQ 657 -14 points

TU 670 -37 points

EX 714 +2 points

I had a Collection account that posted on both my EQ and TU report yesterday.  While this is not good and I know that it will take some work the good news is that it was a sold off account and it is within months of being at the 7 year mark.  The other thing that hurt my scores this month is that I missed a charge on one of my credit report that came in after I had PIF the account and instead of posting a $0 balance the card post a $11 balance but it knocked me out of report AZEO.

The good things that are not showning up on my credit report is that I my NFCU Flagship card hit another 6 month mark from the last CLI and I was able to request a CLI.  I recieved a CLI of a additional $7K, which happened 2 days ago so it's not showing up yet on my report.  My Capital One card also hit the 6 month mark since the last CLI and I requested another CLI on it.  Was approved for it as well for another $3K, again this happened yesterday so it' not showning up. I was able to raise my credit by a total of $10K which will drop my uitlization down to 3% but none of this will show up until April updates.

I am looking forward to April!!!

Just want to also Thank everyone on the site for great inforamtion and the support, I couldn't have gotten this far without everyone.

Message 25 of 38
Oorah
New Contributor

My first check in for this month.  I guess I am just very discouraged.

Equifax is still reporting the late mortgage that shouldn't be there.  Although I have filed complaints, I haven't heard anything back regarding those.  Equifax did tell me that it will fall off in May, so I guess that is the only hope I hold right now.

I am just paying down on balances that I do have, and hoping to see a huge jump when that goes away.

One more credit card cancelled, Belk, due to this bogus reporting, so that is not a good thing.  I had a zero balance with them.

I may try to find a card or two that does not use Equifax, since the other two bureau's have me with no negative marks at all.

Scores did move up a little, Equifax is 602, the others are 619 and 686.  Maybe some day soon I will be back up in the mid 700s, before all this mess started.

Sorry for being a downer, but this is so infuriating.

Starting Score: 593
Current Score: 554,622,669
Goal Score: 750

Message 26 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

I saw some good things and bad things for March, it also seems that they all happened within the last 3 days, which means that my scores don't reflect the good things that took place just the bad thing.

In Febuary at this time my scores were

EQ 671

TU 707

EX 712

Today they are

EQ 657 -14 points

TU 670 -37 points

EX 714 +2 points

I had a Collection account that posted on both my EQ and TU report yesterday.  While this is not good and I know that it will take some work the good news is that it was a sold off account and it is within months of being at the 7 year mark.  The other thing that hurt my scores this month is that I missed a charge on one of my credit report that came in after I had PIF the account and instead of posting a $0 balance the card post a $11 balance but it knocked me out of report AZEO.

The good things that are not showning up on my credit report is that I my NFCU Flagship card hit another 6 month mark from the last CLI and I was able to request a CLI.  I recieved a CLI of a additional $7K, which happened 2 days ago so it's not showing up yet on my report.  My Capital One card also hit the 6 month mark since the last CLI and I requested another CLI on it.  Was approved for it as well for another $3K, again this happened yesterday so it' not showning up. I was able to raise my credit by a total of $10K which will drop my uitlization down to 3% but none of this will show up until April updates.

I am looking forward to April!!!

Just want to also Thank everyone on the site for great inforamtion and the support, I couldn't have gotten this far without everyone.

Hey startingover1, I can't wait to see how the positive things impact your scores. April might be a good month! Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Oorahwrote:

My first check in for this month.  I guess I am just very discouraged.

Equifax is still reporting the late mortgage that shouldn't be there.  Although I have filed complaints, I haven't heard anything back regarding those.  Equifax did tell me that it will fall off in May, so I guess that is the only hope I hold right now.

I am just paying down on balances that I do have, and hoping to see a huge jump when that goes away.

One more credit card cancelled, Belk, due to this bogus reporting, so that is not a good thing.  I had a zero balance with them.

I may try to find a card or two that does not use Equifax, since the other two bureau's have me with no negative marks at all.

Scores did move up a little, Equifax is 602, the others are 619 and 686.  Maybe some day soon I will be back up in the mid 700s, before all this mess started.

Sorry for being a downer, but this is so infuriating.

You will get back to 700, Oorah! You will. Dang, May is so close for that late mortgage to fall off EQ. I'm excited to see how much your EQ goes up when it's off of there. 

Sorry to hear Belk closed. I don't remember how many cards you have already, but I'm wondering if you should hold off on apping anything until your scores go up a bit. And they will!

It's always darkest before the dawn, and you're so close. Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 38
Oorah
New Contributor

I have 5 cards open now. Four have been closed since they started reporting a late mortgage last May. Credit lines have dropped about $15K. They still wont supply me with what info this company is using to report me late, since none exists. Hey basically told me that they just take whatever is reported, even if it is inaccurate. May 2017 they started reporting a first date of delinquency of 05/2011, which is why they say it will fall off. I am not even sure where that date came from. Who knows what will happen in May. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Starting Score: 593
Current Score: 554,622,669
Goal Score: 750

Message 29 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Oorahwrote:
I have 5 cards open now. Four have been closed since they started reporting a late mortgage last May. Credit lines have dropped about $15K. They still wont supply me with what info this company is using to report me late, since none exists. Hey basically told me that they just take whatever is reported, even if it is inaccurate. May 2017 they started reporting a first date of delinquency of 05/2011, which is why they say it will fall off. I am not even sure where that date came from. Who knows what will happen in May. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

That is frustrating and discouraging. I will be hoping with all my might that it falls off in May. Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.