Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March Check-In Thread

tag
PinkPanther3719
Contributor

Re: March Check-In Thread

I actually justed joined MyFico after reading many threads for the past year or so. I decided to join the challenge.

My story is relatively short and virtually boring. I'm 22 years old. I started my credit journey two years ago this month. I have actually been mostly responible with my credit. I have a two year old and was going to school full time. This month 2 years ago, I applied for the Capital One Journey Card and was approved for a $500 limit. I rarely used it unless I had to. From there, I started to amass a lot of credit cards. Three are store cards, two are lines of credit and I currently have five credit cards.. Though I rarely use them, if I do use them, I generally pay them off immediately because I simply want the rewards. There were necessary things I had to buy that I had to charge because I simply did not have the money and it was needed. I made steady payments and even extra payments if I could to try to pay them off sooner. Then I was laid off of work. I had savings and was able to continue payments on the cards, but couldn't pay them off and I still had to buy necessities, pay my bills, and buy food. I managed to accrue over $6000 in credit debt in a little over a year. I was able to get a seasonal job that allowed me to put some more savings up and pay my bills. Using that and my tax return, I was able to pay off 4 of my credit debts (about $2000) plus make a small dent in the others. I have 5 accounts to pay off and one has 0% apr until August. I have looked into debt consolidation as I don't have a credit or spending habit; I just lost my job. I have found a new job that is full-time and transferred to an online school to be able to work it. This will allow me a better oppotunity to pay these off.

My credit scores are not too bad. I just want to bring them all to mid-to-high 600s, low 700s so I can get my consolidation loan.

Current Information (05/2016)
Scores: EX: 633, EQ: 619, and TU: 727
Current Utilization: ?%

Goal: All above 750 and no more than 3% utilization
Gardening until 12/31/16 (Hopefully)
Message 11 of 18
Flaca66

February was good.  I have now paid off my three car loans and owe nothing except my monthly revolving credit card charges.  However, only one of the lenders has so far reported the fact, and the drop in loan status from $7,500 to zero didn't make a blip in my FICO score.  Maybe next month, if the other two report in.

Starting Score: EX 808 EQ 777 TU 788
Current Score: EX 808 EQ 802 TU 792
Goal Score: 825

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 18
Crisis
Established Contributor

Good luck!  There's also "The Great CC Payoff Challenge," which may be of some assistance or motivation to you.  It's in the credit card forum! 

@QuintoyaE wrote:

I actually justed joined MyFico after reading many threads for the past year or so. I decided to join the challenge.

My story is relatively short and virtually boring. I'm 22 years old. I started my credit journey two years ago this month. I have actually been mostly responible with my credit. I have a two year old and was going to school full time. This month 2 years ago, I applied for the Capital One Journey Card and was approved for a $500 limit. I rarely used it unless I had to. From there, I started to amass a lot of credit cards. Three are store cards, two are lines of credit and I currently have five credit cards.. Though I rarely use them, if I do use them, I generally pay them off immediately because I simply want the rewards. There were necessary things I had to buy that I had to charge because I simply did not have the money and it was needed. I made steady payments and even extra payments if I could to try to pay them off sooner. Then I was laid off of work. I had savings and was able to continue payments on the cards, but couldn't pay them off and I still had to buy necessities, pay my bills, and buy food. I managed to accrue over $6000 in credit debt in a little over a year. I was able to get a seasonal job that allowed me to put some more savings up and pay my bills. Using that and my tax return, I was able to pay off 4 of my credit debts (about $2000) plus make a small dent in the others. I have 5 accounts to pay off and one has 0% apr until August. I have looked into debt consolidation as I don't have a credit or spending habit; I just lost my job. I have found a new job that is full-time and transferred to an online school to be able to work it. This will allow me a better oppotunity to pay these off.

My credit scores are not too bad. I just want to bring them all to mid-to-high 600s, low 700s so I can get my consolidation loan.

In the garden until debt is paid off and scores are up!
Message 13 of 18
sakalsg

I'm definitely progressing! My EX and TU scores made a big jump this month. I think it's become I've been pretty good about keeping my utilization low and paying before the statement date closes. I also got a credit limit increase on my Barclaycard Apple Financing Card. I also bought my first car. I took a loan out with my credit union at an awesome rate of 1.85%! I hope this also helps my age and credit history. So far that's the biggest contributor to my non-perfect score. I think with time and managing my money it'll get better.

I succesfully saved 1K for my emergency fund and even saved for a trip this summer. Now, I am currently working towards tackling my student loans via the Debt Snowball Method. This helped with my credit cards and emergency fund, so I hope it works for this!

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ: 728 TU: 746
Goal Score:All above 750

In My Wallet | Chase Freedom, Capital One Platinum, Banana Republic, Barclaycard Financing, & Target Red Card
Gardening until 12/2014 Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 18
Ragelog
Established Contributor

I just posted on the main forum but figured I would post here. March was relatively productive. With my limited credit I opened a Secured BOA $500 card, Secured Harley Davidson US Bank $500 Card, $700 Unsecured First Premier Bank Card, Paid off a 1000.00 collection from old medical bills, Increased my Capital One Secured limit by $200.00 and Fingerhut increased my Credit Line by $600. 

Now the hard part of basically patience and pay everything on time for the rest of the year and along with that and a few things falling off my report around Christmas hope things look significantly better around that time. I will check in monthly as I use CK and Scorewatch to monitor things.

Thanks All

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 15 of 18
Keliyra
Established Member

Hi Everyone -

This is my 1st post.  I've been lurking for a little over a month but have a been a regular visitor to the site over the last year.  I've just finally been able to get ahead enough to try to repair what I've done to my credit in the past.

Brief history is that i'm 38 and had my kiddos fairly young - my oldest is 18.  Being a single mom without a college degree was tough financially.  I didn't have a good role model myself for finances.  My mom always lived paycheck to paycheck and would 'Rob from Peter to pay Paul'.  So, long story short, I really mucked mine up.  I had finally started to get on track when I had to move and wasn't able to find a comparable job so my car ended up getting repo'd.  It's been almost 7 years since all of that happened and finally most of those items are starting to fall off but I have a couple of doozies I'll be asking for your guidance and wisdom with.  I am beyond ready to buy a house but I want to do it the right way.  I want to have all my ducks in a row and know that I'm not being forced into settling on such a big purchase. 

I have a secured credit card from Cap One that I've had for about 9 months now and that has really helped.  I'm starting to get some mailers but am trying to wait for the best of the worst if you know what I mean.  I got a merrick "double your line" pre-approval the other day that says you start at $500 and if you make 6 on time payments they'll double it to $1000.  Seems like they have extra fees though.  Works out to $133 to get the card.  $75 is the app fee and the rest is a yearly fee.  It also had a 23.85% interest rate.  I know my rebuilder will be high but I was hoping if I held out a little longer that I would be able to find something a little better for me.

My score here was 516 but this month has gone up to 545.  My goal is 640 and a home approval.  Any help and guidance would be extraordinary and very appreciated.

Thanks!

Angie

Starting Score: 499
Current Score: 604
Goal Score: 650

Message 16 of 18

New here as of this week. Been reading here for months...my story is that I made super irresponsible choices when it came to credit right out of college. Applied for and got 5 cards just weeks after graduation ....3 were charged off in 2007, 2 shortly after, and have aquired some students loan debt  since to attain a higher degree. I was recently approved for an auto loan (Cap1, 14%) only because my 2004 honda was totally inoperable. I do have satisifactory accounts on my report, mostly due to my almost 1 year old Cap1 credit card ($500 limit) that i've paid on time, and due to my student loans being in deferrment. The oldest baddies I have are scheduled to fall off in october and december of 2014, but I just found out that I have 4 open collections from medical bills and an old Tmobile account (The dreaded midland funding llc). Looking to teach myself how to clean up my credit, as I would like to shop for my first home by the end of 2016/beginning of 2017.  I'm determined and welcome any and all advice!! 

Starting Score: 546
Current Score: 546
Goal Score: 700+

Message 17 of 18
Alberio
Contributor

This month has been pretty good credit-wise.  I paid off my Discover card and in response they bumped my credit line without me asking - together those changes decreased my total util from 67% to 53%.  My husband and I had gone to a LO to discuss mortgages in late Nov and then my mid score was 670 (higher than shown here on myfico where my mid would have been 646).  We just put in our application for the mortgage and my mid-score was 700!  Woohoo!!

I am afraid the hard pull from the mortgage application will knock me back down again.  And always afraid of the "gotcha" - something forgotten from long ago that comes back to bite me. 

I also would like to dispute two slow pays on my report, but don't want to rock the boat while we are trying to close on the house.  I think if they were removed, my score would increase significantly.  I also know that I can't have disputes on my report when going through underwriting, however.

Good luck to everyone!!

Starting Score: 644 (EQ) 646 (EX) 670 (TU) as of 11/2013
Current Score: 732 (EQ myFico) 740 (EX myFico) 740 (TU myFICO) as of 8-25-14
Lender Pulled Scores (3-19-14): 709(EX)/700(TU)/670(EQ)
Goal Score: 710 (Made it!!)

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.