Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May 2017 Check-In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: May 2017 Check-In Thread

@llpooj wrote:

Sooooo my credit score is not going in the direction I want it to move.  However, it was expected.  Since November I have closed cards which were costing $ with no benefits, opened new cards with no annual fees that give me benefits. My new cards or credit line increases turned out to be huge line of credit (for me anyway).  

Learning Experience....

At first when I got my new credit lines (24K CC & 15K LOC with Navy Fed, 10K CC and 10,500K LOC NASA,  20K Bank of America, 12,500K PenFed) I was wildly thinking of all of the things I could buy.  It was a world wind of exotic vacations, home remodeling, cars, shopping and more shopping.  Now the dust has settled, Most of the time I am not consumed with such thoughts and I am glad I did not use the cards to just buy stuff.  I now use my card for the benefits. I use my Bank of America card for miles, getting between 3K and 4K miles a month. I use my PenFed card for gas purchases, 5 points for every $.  Each card has a purpose for which gives me benefits, and gets paid off monthly.   I carry a little balance for credit reporting, but paid off before interest hits.  But some days I really want to spend money on stuff.  

The Unknown...

Last month I found out I lost my jobs after 16 years with the company.  You may know the saying you spend what you make.  I am no exception.  I will continue to work until June 30th, then I have 22 weeks of severance pay which is a good thing.  With saved vacation and severance I will be paid my regular wages until mid December as long as I don't leave before then or get fired of course. I am hoping to find a job which starts in July and use the severance to pay off my car loan and live off the new income.  At this time it is just wishful thinking, but that is the goal and I am working towards that.  I didn't realized how much a resume has changed in 16 years, or that need a  linked email web address.  Big learning curve for sure.  I know there is somthing better waiting for me, well on most days I do.  But some days I am just scared to death of the unknown ahead of me.

Thanks for reading and good luck to everyone this month.

Sorry about the job loss, but you have a solid plan in place. Congrats on your successes!! Stay positive. We are here for you. 

Message 11 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@loyalsudz wrote:
3-30 day late fall off EQ,EX, TU this month. These are the last of the baddies. Still waiting on two of the bureaus to stop reporting them. Fingers crossed*

Staying focused, this is delayed gratification as I was too close to wake this sleeping dog when I started reading the all the information two years ago on myFICO.

Congrats!  It was a long wait for me too (12/2011) after finding this forum, and sadly wasn't anything I could do to accelerate that really unless I get a bone thrown to me and my lien is excluded via NCAP.  One can always hope haha.  Nice scores for still having a deliquency on there too!

Hey Revelate!

I know a collection (judgement, lien, etc.) being removed/deleted has a significant impact on one's credit profile. However, how much does an aged off 30 or 60 day late impact a score? I know as it ages it has less and less impact. How important is it when it falls off other than it not being a "negative" reason listed underneath the comments section?  My question is specific to aged off lates not early removals through GW letters. 

Message 12 of 31
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@loyalsudz wrote:
3-30 day late fall off EQ,EX, TU this month. These are the last of the baddies. Still waiting on two of the bureaus to stop reporting them. Fingers crossed*

Staying focused, this is delayed gratification as I was too close to wake this sleeping dog when I started reading the all the information two years ago on myFICO.

Congrats!  It was a long wait for me too (12/2011) after finding this forum, and sadly wasn't anything I could do to accelerate that really unless I get a bone thrown to me and my lien is excluded via NCAP.  One can always hope haha.  Nice scores for still having a deliquency on there too!

Hey Revelate!

I know a collection (judgement, lien, etc.) being removed/deleted has a significant impact on one's credit profile. However, how much does an aged off 30 or 60 day late impact a score? I know as it ages it has less and less impact. How important is it when it falls off other than it not being a "negative" reason listed underneath the comments section?  My question is specific to aged off lates not early removals through GW letters. 

Well for one shining moment I had my tax lien temporary deleted on Experian and still had a 30/60D late: I only went to 756, when anecdotally by other reports I should've been on the order of 780-800; I had a few inquiries on there so uber clean I might've gotten to ~760ish, but it was probably 25-30 points I'd guess which would track the few others I've seen with a straggling late on their reports.  Reason codes were still complaining about deliquencies so they definitely still count even near the 7 year exclusion mark.

I'm not so certain as to how much we get aging though I have a 30D late that will be on TU only as of 10/17 and 2 years at that point so I might be able to get some better data around that.  I've basically been capped on my scores give or take for the last few years on EQ Beacon 5.0 no matter what I've done FICO 8 I seem to have gained some points since my installment utilization is still badly hosed by my mortgage but it's not like 730-740 sucks whereas the 700 EQ FICO 5 not so good.

Sadly the 60D late kept me in a dirtier bucket where I apparently scored better, I lost points almost everywhere FICO wise getting my 60D deleted heh; individually I don't know how much it counts, but keeping anyone in a dirty bucket is going to have their score retarded by that so I'd argue the fading of the late's penalty may be non-sensical.

        
Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Revelate!

Well for one shining moment I had my tax lien temporary deleted on Experian and still had a 30/60D late: I only went to 756, when anecdotally by other reports I should've been on the order of 780-800; I had a few inquiries on there so uber clean I might've gotten to ~760ish, but it was probably 25-30 points I'd guess which would track the few others I've seen with a straggling late on their reports.  Reason codes were still complaining about deliquencies so they definitely still count even near the 7 year exclusion mark.

I'm not so certain as to how much we get aging though I have a 30D late that will be on TU only as of 10/17 and 2 years at that point so I might be able to get some better data around that.  I've basically been capped on my scores give or take for the last few years on EQ Beacon 5.0 no matter what I've done FICO 8 I seem to have gained some points since my installment utilization is still badly hosed by my mortgage but it's not like 730-740 sucks whereas the 700 EQ FICO 5 not so good.

Sadly the 60D late kept me in a dirtier bucket where I apparently scored better, I lost points almost everywhere FICO wise getting my 60D deleted heh; individually I don't know how much it counts, but keeping anyone in a dirty bucket is going to have their score retarded by that so I'd argue the fading of the late's penalty may be non-sensical.

I understand the 30 day lates are still impacting my scores because it's always listed under negative factors. I don't aspire to achieve a perfect score, but I am hoping to break 800 at least once. Hopefully, I'll be able to do it with the lates still reporting. They are on a PIF auto loan and the most recent one turned 4 years old in January. I don't have any other derogs, lates, or baddies. Do you think it's possible?

Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ +4    684 to 688 Steady at 688 689 690

TU +2    650 to 652 +4 652 to 656 658 662

EX +26  653 to 679 -2 679 to 677 683 687

2017 Goals Review:

1). To garden the cards I got last year post-BK, letting those tradelines age and grow. I haven't done the greatest on this goal. Last app was 4/12/17 for NFCU Cash Rewards $1000 SL. When I look at my wallet, I only see a couple of cards to combine and can't imagine adding anything else. I really like my wallet! I just got an auto-CLI on my QS Platinum, from $3800 to $4300, only 5 months after my Credit Steps increase. They seem to like that I've let only a zero balance report for the last 6 months (save for one month where I let $9 report), even though I've put $300-500 through it each month. 

2). To continue to manage utilization and reported balances. Still chipping away at the car repair balance. It is at 0 APR until October. Other than that, it's going pretty well. I've brought my overall utilization down each of the last two months.

3). To watch my inquiries drop from EQ 6, TU 5, EX 8 down to EQ 3, TU4, EX 4 by June. Currently EQ 4, TU 7, EX 6. On track to be EQ 3, TU 6, EX 5 in June.

4). To pay an extra $100/month on my highest balance and highest interest student loan, which is upside down due to interest accruing while in deferment (I know I should have paid it as I went, but the BK and events leading up to didn't allow for that). Still not fully implemented, but I have made one extra payment, and will continue as I am able. Had unexpectedly high federal tax owed, as well as state. I had roughed out my taxes as I usually do, but counted an amount as income tax withheld that wasn't by reading the wrong box on the W-2. The good news is we were able to cover it since we have been saving.

5). To continue saving about 10% of my gross income each month. I didn't increase it as I said I would after taxes, because of the taxes. Should be able to next month. Right now I'm replenishing a little bit of savings I took out to pay the taxes.

6). To hopefully see my three FICO 8 scores hit 700's across the board. Getting closer! See score update at top. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 31
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Hey Revelate!

I understand the 30 day lates are still impacting my scores because it's always listed under negative factors. I don't aspire to achieve a perfect score, but I am hoping to break 800 at least once. Hopefully, I'll be able to do it with the lates still reporting. They are on a PIF auto loan and the most recent one turned 4 years old in January. I don't have any other derogs, lates, or baddies. Do you think it's possible?

Well, we once had a report of a 785-790ish score with a nearly 7 year old 90D late; though I have no idea of the accuracy, it's also impossible to state whether or not that file was fully optimized as well.

If it was legit, then it's a possibility; however, my current working theory is that any deliquency consigns you to a dirty bucket, and we just don't know the score ranges for them as of yet... they may not go up to 800 TBH.  779 is still gold-plated though, if anywhere though I'd be looking for points once the most recent 30D passes the 5 year mark.

        
Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: April 2017 Check-In Thread

@iheartwings wrote:

Been a few months since I checked in and updated.

2017 Goals Review and Update 

1) ...completely rid my CRs of my 2007 BK7.  All done! With the BK7 off my CRs, each one of my FICO scores increased 50+ points. 

2)...continue gardening. Ongoing. W@ith all my CR free of BK and student loan debt $245k @ 6.0%, compounded daily for 30+ years - I took a step out of the garden to see if I could refinance. It was a worthwhile trip out, and I got incredibly favorable terms (2.95%, 7 years, simple loan). Now, I am back in for the forseeable future with frozen reports.

3)...close at least one credit card. Done. Closed Williams-Sonoma Visa (no CLI in 6+ months) and BoA Cash Rewards (wasn't willing to take a HP for a CLI, and redundant in my portfolio. 

4)...get my FICO8 scores above 780, preferably 800.  Current FICO08 scores are in the 792-804 range. Scores haven't stabilized because new loan hasn't yet reported.

5)...spend less time on MF. Also ongoing. Still check in daily, but really only to read Garden Club thread, which has substantially dropped my time on. 

Congrats on meeting/exceeding your goals! I don't know how I missed your post iheartwings. Maybe I was scrolling too fast.Smiley Embarassed 

Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

Hey Revelate!

Well, we once had a report of a 785-790ish score with a nearly 7 year old 90D late; though I have no idea of the accuracy, it's also impossible to state whether or not that file was fully optimized as well.

If it was legit, then it's a possibility; however, my current working theory is that any deliquency consigns you to a dirty bucket, and we just don't know the score ranges for them as of yet... they may not go up to 800 TBH.  779 is still gold-plated though, if anywhere though I'd be looking for points once the most recent 30D passes the 5 year mark.

It make sense. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions Revelate. It's appreciated!Smiley Happy I'm pleased with my current profile. If I have to wait until the account falls off or my most recent 30 day late turns 5 I'm okay with it. 

Any thoughts on the recent rumor concerning BoA discontinuing BBR credit card?

Message 18 of 31
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

It make sense. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions Revelate. It's appreciated!Smiley Happy I'm pleased with my current profile. If I have to wait until the account falls off or my most recent 30 day late turns 5 I'm okay with it. 

Any thoughts on the recent rumor concerning BoA discontinuing BBR credit card?

Other than the fact I'm surprised it took BOFA this long, nope Smiley Happy.

I think it was too easy to abuse and even if it were working correctly, not enough to make money on.  BOFA needed lots of swipes or BT's to offset the $25/quarter, and anyone with any sort of knowledge regarding credit card rewards, would be swiping with something else.

I think the entire product was positioned based on people's credit experience from some previous decade frankly, but I admittedly don't have access to the same market data that BOFA has.  Unique products often have unique problems in a red water market, and a consumer earning credit card rewards at an effective rate of what, ~400/hr, makes too much sense even if I never took advantage of it but I've always been more conservative than many for all that I preach aggressive credit establishment and spree methodology heh.

That and I can be kinda lazy at times Cat Tongue

        
Message 19 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to this. Been working on my credit since November 2016. Started off with 460 currently in the 600's. I have multiple store cards from SCT. I have Credit one, and Capital One Secured CC's. I signed up with NFCU in Feb 2017 I have $2000 CLOC no CC yest been denied multiple times. My goal for May is to remove all inquiries that arent attached to positive accounts. I have 1 ch 13 d/t fall off 4/2017

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.