Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May Check In Thread

tag
yomellamoFICO2013
Regular Contributor

Re: May Check In Thread

@NY_Beauty: How did you find to help you with your FHA process? I've been reading the mortgage forums but I am lost.
My plans is to start the process in Nov/Dec'13.How long did it take you?
Any advice will be appreciated.

CURRENT TLS:

AMAZON $2K/ WALMART $2K /DCU $3K DELTA AMEX $1K
DISCOVER $1.2K/ PAYPALEXT $2K /COSTCOTU $1.2K

UPDATED 8/1
EQ
8/1/13 EQ 694 - (myfico) -
7/26/13 EQ 694 - (DCU)
9/10 EQ 701 - (myfico)

EX
9/8 - EX 707 (usaa/EX)

TU
6/18 TU 690 (myfico)
7/2 TU 694 (Walmart)
8/8 TU 676 (Walmart)
9/6 TU 676 (Walmart)
Message 31 of 43
Pandora1020

Update so far so good I'm still working on raising my score

Starting Score: 677
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 32 of 43
justrock
Frequent Contributor

Re: May Check In Thread Just starting out

Hello

I just signed up with MyFico today.  I am hoping to get a mortgage in about 10 months.  The first thing I will address is my utilization, the total debt is about $1400 but all my credit limits are in the $300 range.  I have an "extra" paycheck in July where I will pay all of them down and then put them away until they are paid off.   I have two derogatorys on my report, one is an old medical bill for $130, another is a utility company for $319.  I will pay those off also if they will agree in writing to remove the derogatorys.  Sorry I am not up on all the abreviations yet.  I recently co-signed an auto loan for my son (January), he will re-finance on his own next January so that will be off my debt load.

Any other suggestions to get my score up?  I really want to try and buy before prices go back up and I am priced out of the market.

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: TU 720 EQ 648
Goal Score: 750

Message 33 of 43
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: May Check In Thread Just starting out

I have pretty much accomplished my goal in terms of cards I wanted. One more missing - goal CSP in 2014. Until then gardening - aging off my INQ and see if I can get a CLI on my Discover by SP only.  No more HP in 2013 ! 

Message 34 of 43
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

I went through the builder. They had someone pull my credit and then work with me to identify what I could do. After that I did more on my own (they were impressed)! It wasn't that bad. I thought having my own home and decent credit cards was for other people. I'm proud of my progress. I have not been late or carrying a balance of more than $100 on my subprime cards for more than a month. I pay more on my car payment and have just been responsible for the last three years. The final piece was paying the charge offs and sitting tight. Hope this helps!
Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Message 35 of 43

Just when I thought May passed by without any significant accomplishments, I received an email from CapitalOne this morning and they offered me a $100 increase in credit on my Secured Card.

I've had my card for almost 6 months now and although it's not a lot, it's still a 50% increase on my total credit!

I plan on continuing to pay my balance in full every month and within the end of the year, request to graduate to an unsecured card from Capital One. If that doesn't work, I plan on closing the card and getting a better credit card before my annual fees hit me.

Starting Score: TU 543 (3/1) EX 560 (3/1) EQ 544 (3/1)
Current Score: TU 630 (6/5) EX 660 (6/5) EQ 591 (6/10)
Goal Score: 650

Message 36 of 43
ButterflyT
Established Member

Hello, new to the challenge, just started today but I am having issues getting the challenge logo on my signature? It just shows a box with an X....

On the credit side, I am needing some advise from anyone who wants to offer it as to why my score is so low.

I pulled my free credit report from all 3 and I have 100% on time payments on every account.

I have a $300 Time Warner Cable collection that is scheduled to drop off in July, not paying them...long story...roommate situation, short story, I moved cut off cable they turned ti back on in my name...now 8 years later...still on my credit...arghh

I have 3 recent collections from a severe illness emergency room hospital stay, the billed seperately for the ER, then the physicial and then the hospital so it is one visit with 3 collections...arghhh...in repayment but still showing as collection, I was sick for a while...took me a while to get on payment arrangement...

Only other thing I cna think of is maybe high credit card utilization...I'm right at about 37% but I don't think that is crazy bad considering I was unemployed for 2 years with the housing crash of 2008-2009 and then have had major health issues recently...I have about 15 credit cards...mostly store cards...is it because I have to many accounts...was looking to get better cards so I recently got the Cap 1 but the limit was only $500?

I mean I guess it must be the collections, but I am reading other posts about people with BK and all kinds of stuff and they seem to be doing better and have higher scores.... I am working on paying off the credit cards, but I am just not sure if I need to focus more on the hospital bills or should I focus on credit cards...

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Smiley Indifferent

The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the CHEESE!! lol

Starting Score: 614 (Credit Karma), 640 (TU Fico), 614 (TU via Merrick) as of 5/31/2013
Current Score: 597 (Credit Karma), 621 (TU Fico), 607 (TU via Merrick) as of 8/23/2013 !!!! annoyed
Goal Score: 800+

In My Wallet:RBFCU MC $2.5K/Target $2K/Amazon $1.3K/HB $900/C1Plat $750/Merrick $700/MS $550/ WM $500/C1CR $500 & Various Store Cards
Message 37 of 43
ButterflyT
Established Member

@ NY_Beauty  Re: May Check In Thread

2013 Goals -Proud of my status!

Began this journey with scores less than 550.  Now TU 709, EQ 684, EX 718.

HAVE TO ASK...how did you do it????

The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the CHEESE!! lol

Starting Score: 614 (Credit Karma), 640 (TU Fico), 614 (TU via Merrick) as of 5/31/2013
Current Score: 597 (Credit Karma), 621 (TU Fico), 607 (TU via Merrick) as of 8/23/2013 !!!! annoyed
Goal Score: 800+

In My Wallet:RBFCU MC $2.5K/Target $2K/Amazon $1.3K/HB $900/C1Plat $750/Merrick $700/MS $550/ WM $500/C1CR $500 & Various Store Cards
Message 38 of 43
credit_challenged09
Regular Contributor

Smiley HappyThis month began the end to being shackled in a 5 year bankruptcy.  if i can party like it's 1999 for the rest of the year i would.Smiley Happy

-  chapter 7 bankruptcy fell off

-  judgement included in chapter 13 has fallen off of credit report   

-  making payments on time every month for my USAA Secured credit card.  I keep my utilization anywhere between 10% and 20%.  If for any reason  i exceed 20%, i immediately make a payment so it won't affect my  statement balance and utilization on credit report.  

-  Another goodie for this month, I recieved a letter in the mail from one of my creditors to settle by returning an instrument tooo easy!!!   I'm returning that thing so fast....along with a copy of the letter inside of the case.

-  I spoke with my student loan lender and they were extremely helpful with providing options for paying back my student loans. 

Next I have to work on obtaining a new car... not really in a big rush but my beater has seen better days.

All in all, it appears that my credit scores are increasing, so far everything is moving in a positive way!

FICO Scores: (EX-735-11/12) EQ-757-12/03 (TU-750-11/12)
Discover FICO: 756 - 12/17 Walmart FICO: 750-1/06
USAA FAKO: EX-742 EQ-761 TU-761

Macys $7.2k - NFCU $24k - Discover $6.8k - Cap One $3500 - Nordstrom $3.5k - Wells Fargo $1k - Walmart $4.5k- The Limited $2.5k- Victoria's Secret $2.2k- Bloomingdales $2k- JCP $700
Message 39 of 43
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

I went through the builder and they had someone to help with credit issues.  She was just someone who identified ways to increase your score. I followed her advice and then did some work on my own based on the information I found here. She was shocked that I knew more than she did!  I was able to surpass her goal for me in a very short period of time. Smiley Happy

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.