Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May Check in Thread

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

May Check in Thread

Happy May Day!  How's everyone doing? We just closed on the first quarter of the year and now that your taxes have been paid; how many are using their refunds to pay down debt? Now that we are heading into our fifth month, do you see any changes in your credit? 

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. 

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! What have been your biggest accomplishments and obstacles so far in the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2014?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
alteringviews

Re: May Check in Thread

I submitted all of my supporting documents to Transunion on April 15. As of yesterday, my dispute has been processed and the collections has been removed from my credit report. My Fako score has increased and I can't wait to see what my FICO scores are. I am taking the early completion of my dispute as a positive sign that it has been removed instead of moved to another company. *fingers crossed*

My debt is still at $0 dollars. I now have nothing to pay off and no accounts to worry about. I am looking forward to the rest of the year with a lot more energy. I just put in an offer on a house today and I am very excited about how well things are going. Hopefully everything keeps up and I'll be closing on or before the 30th.

I feel so accomplished. I wish everyone the best in their endeavors to fix credit issues and build a positive credit history. I hope all goes well for you.

Goals for the rest of this year:

Buy a house

Buy a car

Garden after the house goes through

Maintain my score

Check my report regularly

Starting Score: TU-606 EX-618 EQ-630
Current Score: TU-647 EX-622 EQ-694
Goal Score: TU, EX, EQ - 730

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 23
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

Just working on paying down more balances this month. Happy to finally be in the 600's though. I am hoping to break 620 in June since my util will be down to < 30%. 

NFCU cash $25k | BofA Custom Cash $25k | Amex BCP $18k| Costco Anywhere $14.5k | Apple Card $5.25k | Cap One QS $4.5k | Sephora Visa $4k | Discover It $3.5k | Citi DC $3.5k | Citi AA Mile Up $3.1k | Chase Amazon $3k | Amex ED $3k | Chase IHG $3k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $2.5k | Chase Freedom $2.5k | Citi Rewards $2k | Last HP 8/16/22
Starting score 09/2013: 530 Current FICO 8:
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 3 of 23
Crisis
Established Contributor

Checking in for May.  I paid off about $500 in balances last month, and have one card paid in full now.  I'm working on the other two.  Still working on Good will with Capital One.  No progress yet.  I did get a CLI from them -- $1500 to a total $2000, so I'm taking that as a good sign. 

Right now, I'm gardening -- silver spade in 12 days! and researching.  Planning to buy a car in a couple of months. I'm doing heavy  research, but I've narrowed it down to a few. I hope to make a couple of credit card moves at the same time, then garden for the six months following that. 

I'm redoubling my GW efforts, even though I don't see those two lates as a significant roadblock.  My credit cards will have significant payments made soon and should be reporting optimal UTIL by the time I am ready for the car loan. 

In the garden until debt is paid off and scores are up!
Message 4 of 23
Stanic413
Regular Contributor

Updated scores below.  They're slowly climbing, which is good. Hoping they'll get a bit higher if I get my amex 3x CLI next week.  I wanted to limit my CC usage but some things popped up and my cc debt is a little higher than when I started.  I was expecting to have cash to pay it down a bit but that isn't coming through as anticipated so trying to throw everything I can at balances.  I've starting to use my cards for everyday purchases, which is taking some getting used to.  I'm also officially in the garden.  I didn't realize how tough it would be! But I know it'll be worth it in the long run. 

Hoping everyone else is doing well!

18k10k7.6k10k10k5k5.6k1.7k2k
Federal CU PLOC: $5k
Scores, Dec. 2014- TU: 755 EX: 763 EQ: 757
Last App: 12/8/14. In the garden until Jan 2016, getting "mortgage" ready.
Message 5 of 23
PinkPanther3719
Contributor

Nothing to really report...yet. My score has gone up only a few points, but hopefully this month I can get a collections removed, pay off a card or 2, and lower some of my balances. I have applied for an overdraft line of credit for my bank account and I hope I get it. Hopefully after this delinquency is gone my scores will shoot back up and I reach my goal. All that will probably require is paying off all my credit balances. This might work as most of my bills are on suspension, meaning it's only $5-10/mo which I've already prepaid and I might have a second job, enabling more available money. Wish me luck.

Current Information (05/2016)
Scores: EX: 633, EQ: 619, and TU: 727
Current Utilization: ?%

Goal: All above 750 and no more than 3% utilization
Gardening until 12/31/16 (Hopefully)
Message 6 of 23
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Hey folks, this is my first check-in. 

I have been working with DW on her report and I am happy to announce that we have gotten the last of her derogs off ALL her reports. Her scores are now all in the 760s and 770s. 

As for me, I have 2 derogs left, once that falls off next year and the other that I need to GW. Sadly, it is the federal government (government overpayment that was sent to collections in 2010) so I do not expect too much on that front. 

Anyways, I will be jumping in here from time to time to share all good and bad things that happen to both mine and DWs reports. 

Message 7 of 23
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Just gardening.  No need for credit, have paid all of them off except for one, the DW's, did a BT for $0 on it.  It's only $2600, so I'll get it paid off.  Other than that, nothing new.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 23
monkeypants
Established Member

Hello! Checking in!

So... last month, I applied for two unsecured cards and was approved for both (Discover IT and USAA AmEx Cash Rewards). My first unsecured cards in ten years! I am thrilled with the limits on both!

Unfortunately though, in a moment of weakness, in the past 24 hours, I have applied three other cards. I was approved for two out of the three (Amazon and Walmart store cards) so far with disappointingly low limits. I'm not too hopeful about getting approved for the third card (CapOne Quicksilver) either and I have plans to haul my impulsive self into the garden after I submit this post. Off I go!

Best of luck to everyone as we continue on this journey!

Starting Score (1/17/14): EQ: 676 | EX: 633 | TU: 626
Current Score (9/3/15): EQ: 755 | EX: 751 | TU: 737
Goal Score: 700+ across the board (In the garden until April 2015! Last app: 5/6/14)
Cards: CSP $24k, Discover it $13.2k, AmEx EDP $12.2k, USAA AmEx Cash Rewards $6k, CapOne Platinum $3.5k, Amazon Store $3.2k, Walmart Store $1.5k, Barclays Rewards $1.25k, USAA AmEx Secured $500, CapOne Secured $300
Message 9 of 23
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

I had a big score drop in March from somewhere around 630 to 606 due to a high uti. Ran into some unexpected expenses, but working on getting those down now. On a positive note though, I went up to 607 after I was approved for a NFCU Navcheck account. I had it about a week now, and haven't used it. I now have 6 line of credit, 1st at 0%, 2nd at 15%, 3rd at 38%, 4th at 46.6%, 5th at 47%, and last at 49.6% uti. I want the others to come down to 30% or less so I can really see my numbers rise. I'm hoping to be somewhere 650 or higher in about 6 months!

Starting Score: 611 (02/28/2014 EQ MyFico) 608 (Barclays TU 03/28/14)
Current Score: 665 (05/13/16 EQ) 655 (05/13/16 TU) 672 (05/13/16 EX) Gardening since 04/30/2016
Goal Score: 740+ All Around

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.