Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November 2016 Check-In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

November 2016 Check-In Thread

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly checkins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 4 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
fbh31118
Valued Member

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2016

I'M FREE!!  All my creditors are paid, my accounts closed and through budgeting I have managed to save quite a little nest egg for the future.Smiley Very Happy  Without debt, my cash flow has increased dramaticlly, we've built and emergancy fund and no longer need to borrow money to get the things our family needs.  This has been quite an experience and I have learned alot.  Thank you so much!!  

Starting Score: Experian 627 TU 652 Quizzle na DW 634
Current:Equifax: 698TU: 659Experian: 690
Goal Score: 700 +
Why farm half when you can FARMALL.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fbh31118 wrote:

I'M FREE!!  All my creditors are paid, my accounts closed and through budgeting I have managed to save quite a little nest egg for the future.Smiley Very Happy  Without debt, my cash flow has increased dramaticlly, we've built and emergancy fund and no longer need to borrow money to get the things our family needs.  This has been quite an experience and I have learned alot.  Thank you so much!!  

Congratulations on your successes!!!

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm starting the myFICO Fitness Challenge TODAY. My plan is still under construction but I will be gardening for the foreseeable future. Stay positive & focused and we can all meet our goals!!Smiley Happy

Edited to add my goals:

1. Garden
  2. Increase CL on a couple of cards
  3. Combine Cap 1 accounts
  4. Reduce utilization
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't seen much movement the past two months (in summary):

EQ : 774 -> 774 (+0)

TU: 709 -> 717 (+8) 

EX: 747 -> 753 (+6)

On a side note, I moved and saw 3 new inquiries appear due to apartment hunting/utilities Smiley Sad.  Other than that, theres been nothing of note going on so my only real lever is waiting for accounts to age and inquiries to fall off.  I guess I'll just sit tight and see where the last two months of the year take me.  

Message 5 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I'm down to the home stretch, 1 more year till I'm clean! (at least on every bureau I care about, 30 day late on TU /yawn)

My FICO 8's have gone up a little bit, sitting at EQ 717, TU 732, EX 740 which actually is a darned good set of scores for my file and I have some random balances on my cards which I'll try to clean up before the end of the year.

Planning my 1/1 New Year's FICO 3B pull still though there's no prayer of my getting back above 700 EQ 04 (which is my benchmark score, go figure I picked my worst one all those years ago to track), and will be sitting on my hands throughout next year while I get my financial house back in order after my school foray.

        
Message 6 of 17
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Re: November 2016 Check-In Thread

I am doing pretty good although took a hit with the Bureaus this month.  Since joining the forum, I feel pretty confident these days.  I strongly encourage joining the community to those struggling, such a vast amount of financial education and even other subjects as well.  I am NFCU all the way.  They seem to be helping out in situations where nobody else will help.  With their assistance, I am gardening some more months and paying out some of my other cc's.  I will talk to my fico forum in 2017.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 17
Windfall
Established Member

Re: November 2016 Check-In Thread

I'm so excited.  My scores haven't been this high since God knows when.  I paid off a $5k cc, and that brought all my scores up by 25+ points.  To keep it going up, I use some cc's for small purchases, let it hit the credit reports, then I pay off the balance.  I'm finally close to my fiance's scores (he's closer to 800), and after the wedding we'll be ready to house hunt.

Starting Score: EQ 766 TR 767 EX 754
Current Score: EQ 807 TR 766 EX 750
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

I'm down to the home stretch, 1 more year till I'm clean! (at least on every bureau I care about, 30 day late on TU /yawn)

My FICO 8's have gone up a little bit, sitting at EQ 717, TU 732, EX 740 which actually is a darned good set of scores for my file and I have some random balances on my cards which I'll try to clean up before the end of the year.

Planning my 1/1 New Year's FICO 3B pull still though there's no prayer of my getting back above 700 EQ 04 (which is my benchmark score, go figure I picked my worst one all those years ago to track), and will be sitting on my hands throughout next year while I get my financial house back in order after my school foray.

The question ... did you learn anything from your "school foray"? Assuming you do/did it will be more than worth the effort. As you clean up your house know it took me from 2001 BK7 to 2009 to clean my house (no major would give me a card during the entire time - note lenders views on BK were tougher in the old days).

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fbh31118 wrote:

That's really awesome!  Congratulations on reaching your goals! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.