Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November Check In

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

November Check In

As we approach the start of the busiest shopping days...are you prepared? Have you planned ahead for increased spending, charges, etc?

So, drop a few lines to let us know that you are 'fit' for the season. Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: November Check In

I would have NEVER thought I would say I was addicted to rebuilding my credit! I came up with the following plan for November 2013. I have to say thank you to all of you!!! I have gone from 30 negative accounts to 9.  I don't have any unpaid baddies on my CR!!!! Now, its time to get rid of what I can and maintain my new TLs. I guess it may actually be time for me to join the Garden Club for at least 6 months. I plan to start applying for mortgage loans Spring 2014.

I will work my credit report following a priority system for communication efforts:

PR, Charge Offs, Unpaid Collections, Paid Collections, Lates on Open Accounts, Lates on Closed Accounts

1. Last PR: 11/15 court for "motion to set aside default judgement" was satisfied 10/15. 11/18 Sent Vacated Judgement to TU and EQ..judgment not on EX
  2. Cap1 CO: 11/7 Received phonecall from EO said they would call me back after reviewing my accounts 11/18 Response: They will not remove the charge off or lates Send GW removal letter during holiday season
  3. Unpaid CA: 11/5 Sent DV letter to Calvary Portfolio Services--need to settle this account BEFORE 1/2014! 11/9 Done
  4. Unpaid CA: 11/5 Midland Funding (Gap and Verizon) BBB Complaint---Midland re-aged accounts that should have been excluded 11/18 Sent GW/Removal letter BBB response rejected; Midland sent bogus verification. I will try PFD after 12/6 (CRA dispute due)
  5. Paid Collections: 11/7 Disputed 2 Portfolio Recovery Accounts (HSBC and Cap1) inaccurate reporting 11/8 CFPB Complaint No response (12/6 dispute deadline)
  6. Paid Collections: 11/7 GW Removal letter sent to Fair Collections Outsourcin; joint liability connected to judgement CRA Dispute for inaccurate info.11/18 verified Smiley Sad
  7. Late Payments Open: 11/5 VS 2- 30 day lates from 2011 Send GW Late removals during holiday season Letters sent 11/20
  8. Late Payments Closed: Cap1, Suntrust  (auto), and Target Send GW Late removals during holiday season Letters sent 11/20
  9. 11/19 Transferred Cap1 Visa to NFCU CC all other cards $0 balances; wait for them to report 
  10. 11/20 Applied and Denied for DiscoverIT....I just wanted that 5% cash back sooooo badly. Silly me.  Smiley Sad

I will not check my credit again until mid December.Got free scores from Barclays/myFico Score Watch EQ and TU up to 636 and 640

I will pay my balances before the due date and make sure the balances are $0 before statement cuts. 12/18/2013 is my magic date.

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 10
singleindependentmom
New Contributor

The way I planned ahead was telling everyone I'm putting holidays on hold this year... except my daughter of course. Smiley Happy  I'm thankful for my family understanding and know that I'm rebuilding my life so I don't have the extra money this year. 

I am going to send out more GW letter during this holiday season... in hopes to get my score up by paid accounts taken off.

Also... my score increased almost 100 points in 1 month... on my way to getting my first home all by myself!! I'm super excited!! 

Happy holidays everyone!

Starting Score: Experian 514 Equifax 510 TransUnion 510
Current Score: Experian 630 and everything still In Progress
Goal Score: First Goal 650

Message 3 of 10
Joeyanddawn
New Visitor

Well I guess I am getting a quick start on the 2014 challenge or a slow start to the 2013.  I just found these forums and they are so helpful.  I am looking to get out of our current home and either buy a property out in the country or buy some land and build one myself,  I have little to no credit.  I have been working with Parkview law for the last few months to try to eliminate some of our collections.  I have sent them $500 initially and now a montly charge of 89.  So far they have removed 6/7 on my tranunion but none on the other two CB.  Has anyone had any experience with this?

In my attempt to rebuild or establish credit I have one secured card from my local bank and I also have a billmelater account with a $500 limit.  I can not get approved for anything else.  I work fulltime and make just over 40,000 a year, in my small town Wisconsin that is pretty good.  All my cars are paid in full. The home I live in is paid in full as well and is mine.  I know I have some good foundation but just not sure what the next step should be.

My goal is to by the end of next year to be in the low 700 and to have the opportunnity to buy a new house and perhaps travel.  I was never taught how to take care of money so this is a great tool for me.

11/11/13 Trans 638

equifax 558

hr>Starting Score: 554
Current Score: 638
Goal Score: 700

Message 4 of 10
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@singleindependentmom wrote:

The way I planned ahead was telling everyone I'm putting holidays on hold this year... except my daughter of course. Smiley Happy  I'm thankful for my family understanding and know that I'm rebuilding my life so I don't have the extra money this year. 

I am going to send out more GW letter during this holiday season... in hopes to get my score up by paid accounts taken off.

Also... my score increased almost 100 points in 1 month... on my way to getting my first home all by myself!! I'm super excited!! 

Happy holidays everyone!

Yes, I was thinking maybe some of the holiday cheer would rub off on these CAs??  All I want for Christmas is a this CO deleted!!!  LOL  My birthday is 2 days after Christmas...so maybe I can have a 680 CS for my birthday?? LOL

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:

Message 5 of 10
singleindependentmom
New Contributor

My small victory today was I paid off an old gas company bill, and they did a courtesy deletion from my credit report!! YAY!! Another baddie deleted.. "doing the happy dance"

Happy Friday!

Starting Score: Experian 514 Equifax 510 TransUnion 510
Current Score: Experian 630 and everything still In Progress
Goal Score: First Goal 650

Message 6 of 10
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

Congrats.  Put enough small victories together and you have one huge one.  Keep up the good work.

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 7 of 10
NatureDawg
Established Member

My November successes include getting one charge off (Credit One) removed and one collection account removed through use of Good Will letters.  I have also applied for and received two credit cards.  They have small limits, but you have to start somewhere.  I tend to manage my holiday spending fairly well each year, so instead I thought I would write about what I am thankful for today.  I am thankful for the wonderful suggestions on this website which have proved to be very helpful.  I am thankful  for the agencies that showed some compassion when they didn't really have to and removed those accounts from my file.  I am, also, thankful for the two new lenders who were willing to give me a chance to prove to them and myself that I can successful manage my credit obligations.  

Starting Score: September 2013 - EQ 548 EX 610 TU 555
Current Score: October 2014 - EQ 674 EX 671 TU 704
Goal Score: all scores 700

Message 8 of 10
Maeven

Hi everyone, my new score this month is 613 up from 601. I removed 3 more medical bill collections this month. So I am waiting to see how much my score goes up. I have 3 left to remove after these 3 are taken off. I done Wal Mart layaway for Christmas and I am paying little at a time. Absolutely nothing on my credit card but gas then payoff before payment due but in enough time to show that I am using credit and paying it back (hope that makes sense).

Starting Score EQ-589
Current Score EQUIF- 613 TRANS-675 EXPER- 626
Goal 700
Message 9 of 10
SheSaidSheila

Just starting and very discouraged.  Smiley Sad  I have started by gathering my bills, pulling my credit reports and making a list of the derogatories: types, when they will fall off my credit, etc., howveer this has lef to me becoming very depressed over what I now see was a second chance that I blew.  All I can do is move forward, I guess, but I'm very sad.

Starting Score: 543
Current Score: 543
Goal Score: 620

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.