Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2016 Check-In

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

October 2016 Check-In

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly checkins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: October 2016 Check-In

Another dull month credit wise.  Have other things in my life to focus on so the slog of waiting, waiting, waiting for my negatives to fall off isn't as exasperating as it once was.

Basically one more year to go.  Aiya, my forum 5 year anniversary in under 3 months.

Got some strange boosts on both TU and EX, not complainin', EQ still hates me though... nothing is ever good enough for them when it comes to my file Smiley Happy.

Hope things are going well for everyone both credit wise and in everything else as well!

        
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disappointed by the fact that in February 2016 my Fico Score was 848 (300 to 850 TU08) and now I am sitting at 811. First off I closed four bank credit cards and two store cards for a reduction of over $50,000+ in credit lines. Then my mortgage showed as paid off and my outstanding debt dropped to $450 (0% utilization). Yes, I knew there would be a score adjustment but gads, 37 points! Glad I culled the herd and the mortgage will right size after the new one appears (I hope). Goal was a score of 850 (personal goal only). Heads up on the various impacts as discussed in this posting. No need to whine on my part, I knew there were risks. Only set it out here for data points ;(
Message 3 of 10
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

I am doing okay considering my status in 2015. My scores are staggering but inching forward.  Right now I am gardening for sometime.  Will be back in November with my numbers for that is when myfico will give a new batch.  I did manage to get a collection removed.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting on EQ to remove some derogs off my CR.  TU and EX removed them the next day.  EQ is being difficult - my dispute with them has an estimated response date 10/31.  Ugh

I did get a boost from TU and EX fico scores as a result of the derogs being deleted.  But since the boost occurred right before I joined this challenge, it's already reflected in the TU and EX starting scores.

Trying not to obsess so much over these scores - but the next 4 months are soooo critical.  Educating myself on fico scoring, credit, etc. in the mean time helps...a lot!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to this Forum - Happy Autumn

Hi,

I'm new to this forum.

Wondering what the consensus is on the free on-line reports provided by some credit card companies.  The ones that are available when you logon to your online account?

Some of my credit cards provide this service free of charge after you consent to getting the score.  I have not read the fine print on these to see which Credit Bureau that they are getting these scores from.  I believe that my Discover Card provides this benefit and pretty sure a a couple other cards do as well.

Thx

Message 6 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New to this Forum - Happy Autumn

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to this forum.

Wondering what the consensus is on the free on-line reports provided by some credit card companies.  The ones that are available when you logon to your online account?

Some of my credit cards provide this service free of charge after you consent to getting the score.  I have not read the fine print on these to see which Credit Bureau that they are getting these scores from.  I believe that my Discover Card provides this benefit and pretty sure a a couple other cards do as well.

Thx

Welcome to the forums!

Legit as far as the score they offer goes.

Some offer FICO scores from the FICO Open Access program which launched a few years back, these are about as good as it gets for free scores.  Some others offer Vantage scores, which aren't nearly as useful in my estimation... not nearly as many lenders use them.

As always the score you get might not be the one the lender pulls for any given application; however, I think they have great value in terms of tracking your report over time as what's generally good in one algorithm, is typically good for them all... certainly that's the case in broad strokes, some smaller details don't line up 1:1.

        
Message 7 of 10
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Thank you Kenny for the cudos (smiling).  Really trying to become credit wise not just for the numbers (although good) but for principal.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 10
tamago

looong time lurker, but I finally updated my profile. basically just going to do some cli hehe

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wrapping up my first month in the garden. One down, 23 to go! Smiley Happy

I'm looking forward to seeing where my scores are in April and hopefully I will start to recover from the hard hits I took during my app spree. I have more products than I ever thought possible (11 months post Chapter 7 discharge) and I owe it ALL to this community.

I hope you all are having a great fall and Happy Halloween!!

:

Chapter 7: Discharged November 2015
11/15 Fico 8: EQ-585, TU-550, EX- 551
07/16 Fico 8: EQ-703, TU-695, EX- 660
09/16 Post App Spree Fico 8: EQ-675, TU-675, EX-663

1st Goal: 700 across the board
Cap One Platinum $2K>$4K, Cap One Quicksilver $3K, Discover $1,600, SPGVisa $4500, Red Roof Inn Siggy Visa $5K, Good Sam/Camping World Visa $1800, Overstock $7K, Lowe's $6K, NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $4600, NFCU CLOC $15K, PenFed Promise Visa $10,500, Evine $1K, CreditOne Visa $600|Total CL: $153K
Garden until September 2018 (I'll be in the pumpkin patch)!seedling-transparent.png

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.