Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Check In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: October 2017 Check In Thread

CHecking in for October! September was a fairly decent month for me! I had two new cards start reporting. I paid off some on current cards and the utilization decrease caused about 20 Point increases! Started gardening after my two most recent cards started reporting hoping to age my accounts and get some more things paid off and taken care of! 

Message 21 of 41
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Well Kenny it is good to see you are still with us ... Smiley Happy As to the MyFico Challenge I am sitting in the garden letting my inquiries age and hopefully my activities of earlier in the year will lessen there hold on my scores. My focus on my scores is only to see if I could hit 850. In truth, I have been able to work things so I have stayed in the 800s for three years (not required for anything). My real goals are personal after spending ten years clawing my way back from a business that did not make it back in 2000.

Thank you! lol I do try my best to be punctual with the check in threads, but life is difficult sometimes with scheduling things and things pop up, but we all know that. I've put it on my calendars to make sure I log in and post! lol I am however only a PM away should anyone need me, so if I'm ever behind please give me a kick in the butt! LOL! Smiley Very Happy

I've had a recent arrival of 50 baby chicks and I'm building them a lovely huge chicken house and fencing in a nice backyard area for their run, so I'm busy tending to them. And I've had a bunch of them die, so they are sending replacements and just you know.. LIFE. Wish everyone well! 

Message 22 of 41
katie011

how does someone sign up for the FICO fitness challenge?

Message 23 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

For some reason today my last remaining derogatory on EX hiccupped and disappeared (unpaid collection from January 2017 that I am in the midst of a long term PFD negotiation over).  I know they didn't delete it because I literally talked to them yesterday about how I'm still waiting for the PFD offer to be mailed to me and she said it was "pending" still.

FICO score went up to only 699 which is a bit of a bummer since I was hoping for 720+ once that one goes away for real.  I expect it to show up again on my EX soon, though, unless that PFD letter comes and I can actually PFD it.

Not sure why I'd only be 699 on a very clear report other than AAoA being poor (either 11 months or 25 months depending on how you consider closed AUs) and a bunch of recent inquiries (8).  I do  have a boat loan reporting 98% installment utilization but that will be PIF'd by year's end so it's feasible that new account is also crushing me below 720...

Message 24 of 41
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

For whatever reason (I think they were frozen) my EX didn't update last month on MF, so that score is still a bit behind the other two. Hopefully with some other stuff dropping off/showing paid/ etc. even with the higher than normal UTI I'll see a net increase in 9 days. Other than that just plugging along. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 25 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@katie011 wrote:

how does someone sign up for the FICO fitness challenge?

Hi, katie011, and welcome!

You just post in this thread with your goals, whatever they may be, It's simple. And then you just paste the html code in your siggy to put the FICO Fitness Challenge logo and link in. There are instructions in this forum, but you may have to wait until you have enough posts under your belt to be able to create your signature.

Then, each month, there will be a new thread where you can post updates on your progress.

Hope to see you on here! Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

CHecking in for October! September was a fairly decent month for me! I had two new cards start reporting. I paid off some on current cards and the utilization decrease caused about 20 Point increases! Started gardening after my two most recent cards started reporting hoping to age my accounts and get some more things paid off and taken care of! 

Congratulations on that 20 pt increase!  It's amazing what high utilization can do to one's scores, isn't it.  Now that you're in the garden, you should see your new seeds ... um..I mean accounts...grow rather nicely.! Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

For some reason today my last remaining derogatory on EX hiccupped and disappeared (unpaid collection from January 2017 that I am in the midst of a long term PFD negotiation over).  I know they didn't delete it because I literally talked to them yesterday about how I'm still waiting for the PFD offer to be mailed to me and she said it was "pending" still.

FICO score went up to only 699 which is a bit of a bummer since I was hoping for 720+ once that one goes away for real.  I expect it to show up again on my EX soon, though, unless that PFD letter comes and I can actually PFD it.

Not sure why I'd only be 699 on a very clear report other than AAoA being poor (either 11 months or 25 months depending on how you consider closed AUs) and a bunch of recent inquiries (8).  I do  have a boat loan reporting 98% installment utilization but that will be PIF'd by year's end so it's feasible that new account is also crushing me below 720...

My score took a dip on my last app spree.  If the removal of the collection puts in you a different bucket, it could take a little bit of time to recover from the new bucket's lowest score range.  That is what happened to me - right at 699 too! So you may be in a higher bucket and just haven't seen the fruit of that yet.  Another thing I noticed is that if you have, say, two or mor baddies and one of them gets removed with other remaining, you don't see much of a point increase while there are baddies stilll existing (baddies meaning tax liens, collections, c/o's etc.).  I think this is because it keeps you in the same bucket (don't know that for sure ).  Just continue to clean up your reports and let your accounts grow and there will come a time when your scores shoot straight up.  My scores didn't do much there for a while, then after my new accounts reported and aged a little bit , bam!  Points galore!  Smiley Happy Good luck on getting that PFD soon! Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 41
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Still holding pat for the month of October, and then December, then January I get the rest of my inquiries off... and then it's something like another 5 years for my 30D and my CFA to fall off my reports.  I think I'm almost assuredly moving in January if not before (getting really irritated at work and about to kick it to the curb under the life is too short policy).

Time to get comfy again haha, and here I thought my credit journey was done once my tax lien vanished.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

        
Message 29 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't been here for quite a while, so decided it's time to become accountable for my progress again.  Scores are good (TU - 822, EX - 818, EQ - 841)  No baddies, 128 month AofA and 1 inquiry set to fall off in Jan 2018.  CC are PIF every month. 

My issue is my HELOC.  Set to expire in Feb 2018 so I have been paying extra on it every month - anywhere from $300 to $800 depending on situation that month.  Balance is $13,350!  Won't get it paid off before Feb, but have made considerable progress in the past months since it started out at $25,000. 

HELOC and mortgage are my only debt at this time, but 12 year old car will need to be replaced when it dies.  Right now it is running well - gotta love those Toyotas!  Going for a used Camry with approx 10,000 miles to avoid new car depreciation!

Part time job ends middle of next month but starts back up in March.  It will be nice to have a break, especially since bills can be paid with full time with no problem.  Just can't put as much away in car fund, home repairs fund and HELOC payments. 

Gonna try to check in every month since it worked so well before - Happy October!!

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.