Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October Check in Thread

tag
stillworking
New Contributor

Re: October Check in Thread

In september FICO EQ 622, happy to report 667 now.  Had a avg. of a 40 point jump across the board because I fixed one student loan that was paid listing a past due +60days as the "current status".  I have a new capital one quicksilver, that has a little limit of $300; used it and then paid in full.  So credit utilization is 0%.  Started paying down my student loan balances -$233 this month (they are in deferment).

I AM IN THE GARDEN!!!!

GOALS FOR OCTOBER:

(1) Correct direct loans errors on 2 accts listing as +120 days past due although I was in deferment (nelnet gave me a letter via email today for proof to have cra's fix)

(2) PDF $70; GSI recovery will be taking it off my report since they did not have accurate account or contact information; waiting game 

(3) Dispute medical collection from 05/2013 since the insurance company is going to finally pay the bill. *THIS IS REALLY HURTING MY SCORE*

(4) Keep paying my bills on time

(5) LVNV bye bye LOL.  DOFD 10/2006! Hopefully, NOV 1st they will be gone.. POOF!!!!!

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: FICO EQ 790, TU 696, EX 683
Goal Score:
700+ across the board

Message 31 of 51
stillworking
New Contributor

@Maeven wrote:
Hi i am just getting started trying to repair my credit. Its pretty bad 589 . I have alot of collections for medical bills. My son was born sick. I paid over 10,000 in Medical bills but couldnt afford the other 5,000 dollars. I have 16 negative on my credit. I had 5 removed last week. So down to 11 now. And Im going to try and remove 4 more by the end of the month if the creditors work with me.

Many hospitals have charity care and many doctors are willing to go pro bono for hardship services as a write off.  Try contacting the original doctors or hospital and see what they can do.  Many times the doctors will do hardship cases.  Some have done a "rehab" type program.  Meaning you pay so many months and they will take it off in good faith.  Go to the rebuilding forum and you will find out how to start fixing any recent issues. 

Goal Score:
700+ across the board

Message 32 of 51
denver133
Frequent Contributor

Hello Everyone!  

Starting off October with good things.  I had 5 Cap1 cards get charged off in 2011 when everything hit the fan. Paid all past debt with them and have GWing like crazy.  This week has brought some good progress.   Spoke with the EO yesterday and the woman I have been speaking with is sending my 5 accounts through a special screening process to get all 5 accounts removed from my reports.  I will know this afternoon and I am only thinking she will call me back with a YES!  Removing all those missed payments and negative marks would be huge!   

On a side note, I have reached the 140+ mark since I started rebuilding in late January 2013.  It has been a busy year getting all this addressed.  Hope to start 2014 off clean.  

Sent out more GW/PFD letters to the following:  

OneMain Financial - Unpaid balance of $4,791.PFD 8/6/13, PFD 8/23/13. PFD 9/3/13.  PFD 10/10/13 Still no response from them.  

City of San Diego - Collection - $130.  Sent another letter to the City of San Diego to get this removed.  No response and no action as of yet.  

Chase Auto - 4 30 lates and 1 60 day late. GW8/6/13, GW 8/23/13, GW 9/3/13, GW 10/10/13

Sallie Mae - Was 180 days late but now current. 8/6/13, GW 8/22/13, GW 9/3/13, GW 9/11/13, GW 10/10/13

Amazon Card - C/O $0 balance - GW 8/6/13, GW 8/23/13, GW 9/3/13, GW 10/10/13

Shell/Citi - C/O $0 balance - GW 8/6/13, GW 8/23/13, GW 9/3/13. GW 10/10/13

Cap1/Best Buy - C/O $0 balance - EO Office Response 10/9/13

Cap1 Card #1 - C/O $0.00 BalanceEO Office Response 10/9/13

Cap1 CC #2 - C/O $0 balance - EO Office Response 10/9/13

Cap1 CC #3 - C/O $0 balance - EO Office Response 10/9/13

Cap1 CC #4 - C/O $0 balance - EO Office Response 10/9/13

My Cards: CSP: $5,000 // Hyatt: $5,000 // Cap1 Venture: $5,000 // US Bank Plat: $3,500 // Discover: $1,000 // AMEX BCE: $1,000 // Lowes: $5,500 // Furniture Row: $3,500 // Buckle Store Card: $750

Current MyFico Scores: EX 687 EQ 696 TU 687 Gardening from 5/15 till 5/16

Message 33 of 51
rcolombe
Contributor

Hello Everyone.

I have to say my first month in the chalenge was a success and has me very motivated and excited for the future.

I started with a 563. My first order of business was to dispute my negatives. 

A few things updated right away and unfortunately I dropped to a 555 because of it. After all was said and done, I eneded up going from 4 collections to just 1 and now I am at a 596 EQ FICO!!!

I had two old inquiries drop off, which didn't help the score, but it does look good to have two less inquiries. Well one less, because of the HP for the card I applied for.

I also have a Cap1 secured card in the mail. I have zero revolving credit at the moment, since I had just paid off my car loan as well as a card I am an AU on.

My next step is a PFD for my one remaining collection as well as some GW letters.

My original far off goal was to be ready for a USDA loan process by February 2014. I knew it was a long shot, but after seeing what happened this first month, it may be a possibility!

I've been pre approved for a few more cards, but I'm very hesitant to apply. I don't want to risk HP's for a possible denial. I may wait for the score to rise.

Good luck to everyone and thank you for all the help on the forums!

Starting Score: EQ-563 TU-515 EX-578 VANTAGE-609 September 2013
Current Score: EQ-639 TU-627 EX-625 VANTAGE 662
Goal Score: 700 All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 34 of 51
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

Hello Everyone.

I have to say my first month in the chalenge was a success and I am super excited to see what the next few months have in store for me!

I started with a score of 606 (roughly across the board) in September.  They are now 628, 619 and 618.  Not a HUGE jump but any jump is a good one in my book!

I've added (maybe too many) new revolving credit accounts totaling $5K so I'm super stoked about that and intend to treat them like they are a baby to be nutured!  I need these things to help me not hinder me and put me back to where I have been trying to crawl out of!

I've had two accounts come off two of my CR due to disputing.  They still remain on the third CR but I have sent a GW to one of them (the account has been paid in full for years) and a PFD to another.  This account is with Midland so from what I've read, I highly doubt I'll get anywhere but I had to try anyway right? Smiley Happy 

I've then got two other accounts totalling about $1000 that I will be tackling as well and will have them paid in full by the end of the year.  Once I have money in hand, I'll be trying to PFD them as well.

The only other thing I need to focus on is pay my two small credit cards down to under 9% (preferrably have only one with a balance and the other paid to zero)

I'm truly hoping that everything I have on my reports will be gone by December so that I can start out 2014 fresh and clean!

Good luck everyone. Can't wait to see how October treats everyone. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 607, EX 606, EQ 611
Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 35 of 51
stillworking
New Contributor

@NibblesTreats wrote:

Hello Everyone.

I have to say my first month in the chalenge was a success and I am super excited to see what the next few months have in store for me!

I started with a score of 606 (roughly across the board) in September.  They are now 628, 619 and 618.  Not a HUGE jump but any jump is a good one in my book!

I've added (maybe too many) new revolving credit accounts totaling $5K so I'm super stoked about that and intend to treat them like they are a baby to be nutured!  I need these things to help me not hinder me and put me back to where I have been trying to crawl out of!

I've had two accounts come off two of my CR due to disputing.  They still remain on the third CR but I have sent a GW to one of them (the account has been paid in full for years) and a PFD to another.  This account is with Midland so from what I've read, I highly doubt I'll get anywhere but I had to try anyway right? Smiley Happy 

I've then got two other accounts totalling about $1000 that I will be tackling as well and will have them paid in full by the end of the year.  Once I have money in hand, I'll be trying to PFD them as well.

The only other thing I need to focus on is pay my two small credit cards down to under 9% (preferrably have only one with a balance and the other paid to zero)

I'm truly hoping that everything I have on my reports will be gone by December so that I can start out 2014 fresh and clean!

Good luck everyone. Can't wait to see how October treats everyone. Smiley Happy

Keep up the good work and they soon will be! Just be patient.  I know it is sooooooooooooo hard to do.  Be diligent too and little by little watch your score rise!

Goal Score:
700+ across the board

Message 36 of 51
stillworking
New Contributor

Just checked my TU... woo hoo I am in the 700 club; TU 714!!!!

Goal Score:
700+ across the board

Message 37 of 51
singleindependentmom
New Contributor

Hi Everyone... this is the first time I'm starting the challenge.

Today I had a mortgage person pull my report and help me find out what's hurting me.  I have several collection accounts and several charge off's.  This was all from my marriage which has ended over a year ago.  I had to also hire a private investigator to locate him to serve and sign paperwork.   Now I'm rebuilding my life.

• I paid off several collection accounts on Thursday.  I was able to get the company's to reduce the amount owed and that helped out.
  • I've disputed several accounts to see if I can get some of these accounts off my record
  • I'm going to start to write GW letters tomorrow.
  • There are 2 accounts that show me as an authorized user.. I think my mom put me on her accounts and then filed for BK.  I need to figure out how to get these off my report since these were her credit cards.

My first goal is to get to 650 and buy my first house

My second goal is to get to 750

My third goal is to get to 800 series

any advice would be welcome!! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Experian 514 Equifax 510 TransUnion 510
Current Score: Experian 630 and everything still In Progress
Goal Score: First Goal 650

Message 38 of 51
ohiobuck216

I've really enjoyed reading these boards for all the info. I have really been trying to brings scores up but they have seemed to really slow down. I really don't know why my scores are so different? I started to help my credit at the beginning of January 2012. I was able to buy a house in September 2012 with a 3.24 rate which I thought was great. I opened a lot of accounts to furnish the house and fix it up. I have already paid off all of them by July 2013. I don't really have a long credit history(avg age 2 years) never really needed it. One bad report from time Warner because I moved and didn't know I had a balance. I payed it off over a year ago and it has not come off. I won't make that kind of mistake ever again. I have a SUV which I financed back In February 2011 for 48 months and have paid down on it pretty good. I would like to trade it In for something newer. I'm sorry I rambling but if anybody has any advice, I would gladly appreciate it.
Starting Score: 550 eq
Current Score: 651 eq 10/15 671 trans 9/13 715 ex 9/13
Goal Score: 720+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 39 of 51
singleindependentmom
New Contributor

This week so far, I was able to remove 2 accounts that showed me as an authorized user from a family member accounts.  Once had a high balances, and the other was a collections/charge off.   I was told they will mail letters to me that these accounts will be deleted from my credit reports.

Starting Score: Experian 514 Equifax 510 TransUnion 510
Current Score: Experian 630 and everything still In Progress
Goal Score: First Goal 650

Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.