Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October Check in Thread

tag
RainaB13
New Contributor

Re: myFICO Fitness Challenge

thanks! then asv close to 834 as humanly possible!
do you know any details about said person?
my father was a corporate executive & millionaire who paid all his bills in full &; on time for his entire life. he was never turned down for anything. he was self made. got his phd from mit on the gi bill. I always assumed he had as perfect credit as possible. he worked for a fortune 500 co with only 2, people above him. would that be the kind of profile?
Message 11 of 51
RainaB13
New Contributor

Are 818 & 815 achievable goals if one follows the basic rules of credit?
Message 12 of 51
RainaB13
New Contributor

Is it true that once one reaches 780 that's high enough? The excellent needle is actually pointing at 800.
Message 13 of 51
android01
Valued Contributor

@Elcid89 wrote:

@RainaB13 wrote:
Current Score:742
Next Goal Score:782
Increase goals to 850, with each goal apply for a CB card & continue applying for CLIs every 6 mos.
Study forums & ask the community for advice on when to apply, etc.

Bear in mind that 850 is a theoretical maximum. In practice with FICO 04 scoring, nobody ever has (or ever will) achieve it. The practical maximum (again, FICO 04 scoring) is 818 for EQ, and I believe somewhere in the mid 830's for EX and TU.

AFAIK the highest FICO 04 scores ever recorded were 834.

The top score for TU04 is 839, and the highest for EX04 is 844. 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 14 of 51
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Honestly, the position, education, and financial holdings of a person have no bearing on actual FICO score...
FICO doesn't consider that stuff directly.
I know people who make 6 figs plus and have horrible credit because they are lazy and don't understand LOL
Ime, it's the old people with low incomes who know the value of credir, don't overspend, and oft pif that have the best scores.
FICO also doesn't consider income.
I bet your dad had great cred though ;-)

To get that high though, you need like 30 years of CH mostly...
I saw Paris Hilton's report when it was leaked, as well as Britney Spears'
And they were only in the low 700s- like 730 iirc. And they have $100's of millions in assets!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 51
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

And there was a poster on here who had an 850 on that EXP 08 model myfico offers now.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 51
RainaB13
New Contributor

I My father came from a middle class background & went through the depression. I worked in new accounts 35 years ago. Some of the worst at paying on time were drs & lawyers. We had someone on the main floor recruiting new accounts. When I'd give her a temporary limit she'd tell me about their fur coat etc. My reply was, do you know it's paid for?
They take income into account when they set limits at first don't they? Then if you continue to have a good record they'll raise them right?
I had great credit but went through a really tough time. I closed my accounts because I felt I might mishandle them. Probably the wrong thing to do but I don't know if I'm worse off starting over or having to fix things. I still have a little of my old credit.MY oldest account is listed as 23 yrs (its actually 36) & they figure it into my 3 yr average, etc. I'm glad I'm not having to fix bad crediit.
Message 17 of 51
RainaB13
New Contributor

Whold this be a good time for me to apply for a new CB card? My Transunion=758,Equifax=742,Equifax=614 & Vantage =580. 11-inquiries, 3 years average credit length & 0 late pays or public records. I have Capital One Rewards w/ $1250 limit & Discovered It w/ $1900. My utilization is 11%.
If I wait til May I'll have 0 injuries, a longer history, my Cap 1 $500 CLI will have reached all 3 bureaus & I can get my utilization lower which will all raise my score. I feel I need a card which will/can have a higher limit. Now my highest is a credit union Visa w/ $3000. So, when & which card to help my goal?
Message 18 of 51
RainaB13
New Contributor

whould=would
typing on a cellphone
Message 19 of 51
Elcid89
Contributor

@RainaB13 wrote:
Is it true that once one reaches 780 that's high enough? The excellent needle is actually pointing at 800.

You'll get many differing responses to that question, but IMO, the tier cutoff for prime credit offers tends to be around 720 to 740. Anything above that buys you pride rights more than it will better terms on extensions of credit.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 20 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.