cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2014!

tag
marathonmama24
Regular Contributor

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2014!

Hello All!

In the past, I tried hard to pay what I could and stay current, but as time went on, life happened and things got out of my control. I didn't even know I could do anything about things that were already impacting my credit but sit here and stare at the negative items and mope.

Until I found this site, I felt powerless to my debt. I felt the weight of my bad score upon me all the time. I thought I'd never get anywhere without just waiting for the SOL clock to run out.

I've started out this year on a sour note. I had something go into collections on 1-1-14. What a bummer. I had disputed the item, and they sent me a letter in response, but with the holidays I had been too busy to send my PFD letter. I finally got that out the next day, but the damage is done and it dropped my score 52 points. Ouch. Now it's a waiting game while I wait for the CA to receive my letter and decide how they want to proceed. Hopefully I can get it resolved and removed.

This year is going to be all about bringing up my credit score so my husband and I can finally purchase a home for our family.  Before joining the garden club, I used the shopping cart trick to open an Express account. No more credit hunting for me until this summer when my husband's major baddie falls off. I've got 4 baddies in my file, he's got 7. It's my goal to get us where we need to be so we can purchase in spring of 2015. Wish me luck!

Message 21 of 488
jahsoul357
Valued Member

I'm about to get started on my challenge. 

I took a serious hit on my credit when I lost my job in 2014 and it discouraged me enough not to look at it.  I decided that I was going to work on it this year so I can move my family into a house and although it's lower than I want it to be, it is not as bad as I thought. I pull my scored form the site yesterday and they are:

EQ: 576

EX: 610

TU: 576

RIght now, I'm hoping that I can clear 675 on all 3 accounts before 2015. 

AMEX PRG || AMEX EDP || Discover IT || UFCU Great Rate
Message 22 of 488
tboone733

Happy New Year to all!!,

I am recovering from a divorce and the closing of my small business Smiley Sad.  It's a been a rough road, but I currently have 1 visa that will be paid off this month and cleared from my credit reports as promised by the bank.  I have another secured visa in great standing with my personal bank.  Some of my student loans have been paid off and the others are now consolidated into 2 loans.  I am soo excited to achieve my goal of attaining a 750 credit score and only having positive entries.  I look forward to this challenge.  I am now getting all of my credit scores, credit reports, and ready to start the show.  Good luck to all and God bless..

Tee

Starting Score: TU 488 | EX 531
Current Score: TU 488 | EX 531
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 488
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

My goals are below:

1. Purchase a new home
  2. Refinance Auto Loan (current 11.5% interest)
  3. Pay off IRS debt (without getting tax lien)
  4. Pay off Personal loan
  5. Get 2x CLI on each CC
  6. Make all payments on-time
  7. Keep util below 20%
  8. Join Amex family
  9. Keep sending GW removal letters (2 FCO paid collections-2012)
  10. Keep sending GW removal letters (2 Cap1 C/O-2009)
  11. Keep sending GW removal letters (Suntrust Auto late payments- 2009)
  12. Keep sending GW removal letters (VS late payments- 2011)

The members of this forum have been a true inspiration to me. I will continue to work hard to rebuild my credit and meet this years goals. Thanks again. 

Best wishes and Happy New Year all!!!

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:

Message 24 of 488
IamB2
Established Contributor

SInce I am relatively new to the site, I am definitely taking what I have learned and putting it to good use. Plan is to remain app free until at least 6/30/2014. Over the next couple of months, my plan is to pay off my two major baddies (One has agreed to PFD upon payment - I may ask them to simply delete the baddies, and update the account as paid with no delinquency rather than delete the entire TL.

The other one is going to be tough a vehicle Repo from January of 2012. I am going to work really hard to PFD this one. I am willing to pay the entire deficiency balance in full, and I think I have a good shot at this since they never notified me what they plan to do with the vehicle. They didn't even notify me of the sale. I just saw the deficiency balance on my credit report.  That is why I think I may have a good shot at them accepting a PFD. If they do, my reports will be completely clear of ANY derogs by June of this year.

This is going to be an exciting year, and I hope to get all these baddies out of my reports. With that achieved, it will be considered a successful year for me.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 25 of 488
dannyh01

Hello everyone!!

I am new to this site.  Just started in November to fix my credit.  Learned a lot of information on the my fico website.  I only decreased my revolving credit cards from 90% to 29% and my score went up almost 50 points in one and half months.  I am so greatful to you guys in the forum.  Now I know to keep my revolving credit low.  Next month I will try to get my credit card down to 19%  

Thanks

Starting Score: 595EQ,590TU,598EX
Current Score: 687EQ,697TU,682EX
Goal Score: 725

Message 26 of 488
tubbynerd
Regular Contributor

Hello All. First Time Browser, First Time Poster and First Time caring about my credit score.

I'm 31 years old, and still trying to find my way in life. I messed up my credit hardcore when I was 18 with a few credit cards and other delinquent bills. I've battled depression my whole life. It's caused me to fail out of college twice, and many many other problems including losing a long term relationship. Whether or not the depression is caused by financial problems or the financial problems are caused by the depression it is high time I check on things. I was denied for a loan a few weeks ago, which didn't surprise me figuring my credit history was terrible but I really have no idea sine I've been dodging the collection calls, letters etc for the past gazillion years. The first time I ever checked my credit score was 5 minutes when I signed up for ScoreWatch. I figured it's be like 0, turns out it is just 619 which is bad but I guess could be a lot worse. 

My reasoning behind doing this is that ist is high time I grow up and do somthing about it. I do not wnat to live in a crappy apartment and drive a 15 year old car forever. Usually I am motivated by challenges and stuff like this so I thought I would give it a try. I was goign to try a credit repair service but I was advised by some that anything they can do, I can do better, so I'm about to give it a whirl.

My 2014 Goals now include: Graduating from College (Should happen in October), Getting my Credit to 750, realistically 700 is probably a better goal, But why not shoot for the moon? And the big goal, Marry the Girl of my dreams. I refuse to continue on further in a relationship as I do not want her to be saddled with my old debts. So here we go FICO, let's do this. 700 (or 750) this year! Thanks in advnace for all the help I wil lhopefully get from y'all!

Message 27 of 488
shelbelle

After numerous searches and note taking, I've decided to participate. Yay for me!

Thank you myFico community for establishing such breadth of information and encouragement.

My goals for 2014? More with less and to finally be an active participant in my own financial health. Oh, and one more thing.... own my own home.

Cheers!

Starting Score: 590
Current Score: EQ 658 TU 669 EX 665
Goal Score: 800+

Message 28 of 488
700andBeyond
New Visitor

Happy New Year Everybody! 

I am brand spanking new to myFICO but expecting big things to come OUR way this year.  I've been slowly progressing in the credit knowledge department.  My credit used to be pretty good (that I know of because I never had a problem getting anything) until I got married.  My marriage that was from 2007-2012 DESTROYED my credit.  My ex-husband didn't put anything in his name (my dumb fault) which in turn left me with all of the debt and RAVAGED my credit score.  I didn't even bother checking to see what my score was until after my divorce and that's when I found out I was at a 524.  After taking classes, talking to everyday people and good old fashioned research, I began working on my score.  As of now, I've managed to get it to a 589 (that's without diligence and unrelenting persistence). I was doing some spying on myFICO as well and finally decided to join tonight and take the 2014 Fitness Challenge.  I applied for a secured credit card which I was approved for (gasp) and plan on keeping it below 30% utilization and paid off before the due date to avoid interest.  I've never had a credit card, btw (not counting 3 store cards which are all gone by the way of sand and dust.) My goal is to send out PFDs for a few collections that are remaining on my CR (2K) and pay off my student loans (37K).  I would like to be able to purchase a home for my child and myself by mid 2014. 

Well good people, that's my spill in a nutshell.  I wish you all the very best in your journeys and if I can be of any help, please don't hesitate to touch base with me.  Peace and blessing and yours in Financial Freedom!

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 589
Goal Score: 720

Message 29 of 488
pjsebastian87
Established Member

HERE IS MY STORY: I WAS YOUNG AND STUPID,. AND I HOLD MYSELF ACCOUNTABLE FOR EVERYTHING.. !! BUT YOU GUYS ARE GIVING ME MORE MOTIVATION TO FIX SOMETHING THAT I THOUGHT I WAS STUCK IN. THANK YOU..!!

THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST WEBSITE ANYONE COULD ASK FOR IN REGARDS OF REBUILDING THEIR CREDIT SCORE..!! THANK YOU EVERYONE, I'M DEFINETLY MOTIVATED TO TAKE THIS CHALLENGE, AND WOULD LIKE TO HELP OUT ANYONE, EVEN BY A SIMPLE ENCOURAGEMENT ALONG THE WAY..!!

PAUL

EX: 645

TU: 612

EQ; 578

Starting Score: EX:645 TU:612 EQ:578 as of JAN 2014
Current Score: EX:647 TU:612 EQ:598 as of FEB 2014
Goal Score: 700

Message 30 of 488
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.