cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2014!

tag
worklovedance

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2014!

Tired of living with bad credit.   Time to take responsibly and work hard to clean up the mess I've made.  Lots of work to do.   Mostly clearing up collection accounts and establishing new lines of credit. 

Good luck to everyone!

Starting Score: 548
Current Score: 555
Goal Score: 640

Ultimate Goal Score: 720+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 81 of 488
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@worklovedance wrote:

Tired of living with bad credit.   Time to take responsibly and work hard to clean up the mess I've made.  Lots of work to do.   Mostly clearing up collection accounts and establishing new lines of credit. 

Good luck to everyone!

That's an honorable goal.  Good luck to you!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 82 of 488
ceecster
Valued Member

Like many others, I've been lurking on this site for awhile. I've learned a ton and have pointed a number of people this way.   I've come far in the last 18 months but not quite over the mountain yet. I have several satisfied judgments that will continue to show on my reports for another couple of years so establishing positive credit has been an issue. Would really just love to be a home owner before the year is out. I've rented my entire life and it's just time to be done with that.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 558
Current Score: 676
Goal Score: 720

Message 83 of 488
mochi

I messed up my credit while I was still young(er) and didn't have too much to mess up.  A few accounts to collections but they've almost all fallen off.  Tried DR for awhile and it became apparent that if we wanted to be homeowners before our kids moved out, we needed to fix our credit rather than save up to pay cash.  While we loved the financial freedom we felt by paying cash for vehicles and having a very low DTI, it made it impossible to get financing for a house.  My goal is to get my judgement paid off (1900 to go), get an autoloan early in the year and hopefully buy a house late this year or early next year.  

Starting Score: 590
Current Score: 644
Goal Score: 750

Message 84 of 488
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

I don't have any real goals per say. I will have 0 inquiries affecting my score starting next month. I have 2 of my 3 baddies falling off in July/August. Number 3 will fall off early 2015. So for now I am just hoping that my scores creep up as these events take place.

Goals are great, but I would caution everyone here to make sure they are realistic. Also, realize that there is more to owning a home than "not paying rent to someone else." There are plenty of other expenses that you are not responsible for while renting, that could easily send you right back to bad credit/high interest loans under the right circumstances.

Good luck to everyone in 2014.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 85 of 488
prosario69
Established Member

Hello,

I am just coming off a bankruptcy that was filed in Nov of 2013.  I filed but was a little scared because it was a big decision but one of the best that I have made.  My current scores are as follows:

EQ: 596

EX: 606

TU: 633

My goals for this year are to increase my scores to the high 600's by the end of the year.  I have started to re-establish my credit and need some support and advice on how to do so.

Starting Score: 633
Current Score: 606
Goal Score: 700

Message 86 of 488

750 is coming his year!

Starting Score: 568
Current Score: 714
Goal Score: 700

My Wallet: SCU MC 7k | Barclay's MC 5K | FSB MC 1175 | Cap1 Quicksilver 2K | Amex Gold Delta 1K | Summit Credit Union 15K | Discover 2K | Citi HHonors 7K | Chase Marriott 5K |
Message 87 of 488
Lryan12
New Visitor

I would like to buy my first home!
Message 88 of 488
dandman12

Hi all, I am new to the credit score game and looking for any help I can get in improving my overall credit scores. I am baffled by the differences between the three credit scores I purchased today at myFICO. I have a lot to learn I guess, but if someone can help me learn why the huge differences between the 3 bureaus scoring I would appreciate it Smiley Happy From what I can see my reported credit data is identical with each of the agencies.

Starting Score: EX 637 EQ 720 TU 652
Current Score: EX 724 EQ 707 TU 729
Goal Score: 750

Message 89 of 488
khutchin
New Visitor

Hi Everyone! I've never done this before. My husband and I are one salary (mine) until he finishes his Master's program. We had a bit of a rough year 2013 financially but have set goals and budgets for 2014 and are doing well so far into 2014. Our goal is to truly save money been though we are on one income and increase credit scores. We want to work our way out of student loan debt - mine is currently under $20k and under 2% and he has about $40k not including this program. I would like to get my MBA and my job covers a large portion. I'm hoping to start Fall 2015 and go thru without taking any loans as well. I'm excited to be doing this and will keep everyone apprised of our progress.

Starting Score: 683
Current Score: 774
Goal Score: 820

Message 90 of 488
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.