cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2014!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2014!

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I wait for the new challenge for 2015?

Joined late myself but it was like getting my foot in the door making it official for 2014. Your good to go and join the rest of us now! 2015 is just around the corner anyhow.

Message 481 of 488
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband and I want to buy a house in about 6-8 months - but my credit is a mess.  I'm not exactly sure how it happened - it used to be in the high 790s.  I have some time, and I want to see those numbers back where they belong!

Message 482 of 488
eft2013
Valued Member

I had credit scores in the 800s several years ago but I went through a financial crisis and my credit scores plummeted.  I've been trying to rebuild my credit ever since.  My goals for 2015 are to have all credit cards and line of credits paid off, obtain premium credit cards and increase my credit score to over 800.  This forum is a huge source of good information and has helped me better understand the do's and don'ts of credit usage.  Thank You!

Entered the Garden 01-01-15
Starting Score: 626
Current Score (12/14): 691
Short Term Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 483 of 488
arl12345
Valued Member

Almost three weeks shy of the start of 2015 I decided to take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!

Like others on here destroyed credit, lived on cash for years. Decided in 2013 that we needed a new car and realized that credit was important and decided to take responisbility for our credit.

Started working on our credit in June 2013 ( past scores).

In 2013 with my scores in mid 500 I was able to obtain a car loan with a 10% interest and CC with a $500 limit and 13.99% interest all thanks to my credit union.  Both are Joint with husband.

In 2014 got almost all but two "baddies" of my CR.  I obtain a Capital One Quicksilver One CC - $300, Walmart Store Card - $400, Care Credit - $800 (joint w/husband), Amazon Rewards Visa - $1000, Paypal SmartConnect - $600 and raised my Credit Union CC (joint w/husband) limit to $1000 (DONE PLANTING SEEDS!)

In 2014 my husband obtained Capital One Platnium - $300, Valero - $300, Target Red Card - $300, Care Credit - $800 (joint w/husband). Credit Union CC limit raised from $500 to $1000 (joint with husband) (DONE PLANTING SEEDS)

Goals for 2015 for my husband and myself are to water and feed my garden, raise my limits and my credit scores to obtain my 720 by the end of the year.  My last two baddies will fall off this year! My husband has 5 baddies (thats it!) set to fall of all in 2015!

Goals for 2016 raise my scores to close to 800, my continuing the water the garden and plan on becoming first-time homeowners!

Starting Score Average: EQ 569 TU 501 EX 562
Current Score: EQ 667 TU 757 EX 656
Goal Score Average: 800 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 484 of 488
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm right there with ya,  I defaualted on my student loans,  OMG.  What a nightmare.   Luckily, 9 months of ontime payments, and all is forgiven.  I wish all creditors were that nice.   Thank you all for your support and compassion.  It's much appreciated.    I'm a bit late to the challenge, but next year, I'm in

Message 485 of 488
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everybody,

I'm very late for the 2014 challenge, but better late than never. I kick myself everyday for my stupidity in my 20’s. I am 31 now, a couple months away from my 32nd birthday. As of June of this year I finally sat down and looked at my credit report. It was bad, REALLY BAD!

My credit report in June:

Equifax:          11 collections

1 Judgment   

0 Revolving

9 Installment Accounts

3 Closed Accounts

TransUnion:   11 collections

2 Judgments

0 Revolving

9 Installment Accounts

3 Closed Accounts

Experian:       11 collections

0 Judgment

0 Revolving

9 Installment Accounts

3 Closed Accounts

My credit report as of now:

Equifax:          4 collections (1 to be deleted, 3 waiting on disputed)

1 judgment

10 credit cards (4 as authorized user)

16 store credit cards (1 as authorized user)

9 installment accounts (1 paid off as of two days ago)

3 closed accounts

TransUnion:   5 collections (4 to be deleted, trying to dispute 1)

2 judgments

16 store cards (1 as authorized user)

3 closed accounts

Experian:       4 collections (3 to be deleted, 1 trying to dispute)

0 judgment

16 store cards (1 as authorized user)

3 closed accounts

Current credit scores: Equifax-599, TransUnion-617, Experian-611

My scores where around 620-653, but I have a lot on inquiries. The judgments are supposed to be removed from my credit report June/September 2015. The 1 collection that shows up on my TransUnion and Experian is from a traffic ticket (that I have no clue about, nor was I contacted about it). I called the collector Access Capitol and they say it’s from a 2010 ticket and totals $1034. It was placed on my credit report in 2013. I disputed it on my credit report, but they are saying it’s valid. I’m not sure what to do about it. The closed accounts are:

1. Capital One from 2008, $0 balance, it was originally with HSBC. They have no info on the account. I disputed it, trying to have it removed.

2/3. Citibank Student Loan from 2007 and missed payments in 2009. The loans were transferred to another lender and I paid to have the default removed. Citibank won’t delete it from my credit report. I have disputed it, and tried calling them to no avail. I am not sure how to remove them from my credit report.

I have to admit that after six months I have cleaned up a lot on my credit report, high five to me. I still have a long way to go. I do have one other problem. I had Sprint for years, but they kept overcharging me. I finally had enough and switched to Verizon. I told Sprint that I would pay my last bill but of course they STILL overcharge me and sent it to a collection agency. I’m not sure how to fight it. It’s a little over $1500.

My credit cards:

Capital One Platinum-$300

Capital One Quicksilver-$300

Capital One Secured-$200

First Access-$300

First Premier-$400

Verve-$500

My store cards:

Wal-Mart-$150

Target-$300

Amazon-$600

Kohls-$300

Macy’s-$600

Jared-$1000

Old Navy-$200

Victoria Secret-$350

American Eagle-$150

Torrid-$500

Lane Bryant-$300

Express-$250

Blue Nile -$1000

Credit First National Association-$900

The Limited-$350

Authorized User:

Discover-$1600

Home Deport-$500

Credit One-$400

Capital One Platinum-$3000

Capitol One Quicksilver-$3000

Now my goal for 2015 is to have the last few baddies removed from my credit report. I want to be able to purchase a house, raise the credit limit on my store and credit cards, and have a Discover and American Express credit card. I don’t want First Access, First Premier, and Verve.

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Message 486 of 488
Anonymous
Not applicable

Started Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2014!

Just wanted to say thank you to all that have helped me get on the right track to fixing my credit score. I started late here with fixing my credit. Pulled my FICO report on 11/21/2014 and immediately got to work and in one month my credit is going up.

11/21 to 12/20

Experian – 518 to 601

Equifax - 489 to 581

Trans Union - 492 to 568

Message 487 of 488
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, I am new to this challenge. Currently a college student with a part time job and full-time nursing student. I've always been partially aware of the credit score business, but never really paid full attention to detail. I am planning to start that now. I have always paid my bills in full and missed one payment date so far because of my lack of attention. The first time I checked my credit score it was 711. Now that I am starting this challenge, I am current around 744-749. My goal is to hit high 780-800. Thanks!

Message 488 of 488
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.