Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2015

Hello fellow community members Smiley Happy

I'm new to posting but i've always been a constant reader. I started fixing my credit in June 2013 starting with barely a score of 560 (across the board). I finally gave in and cleaned house to start rebuilding my credit. Now, 2 years later my score is from 732-735. I'm very proud of myself but I know i could do better. Hopefully this challenge will motivate me to shoot for what I would really want. I would love to reach 800, not sure if it's impossible but it's worth a shot. Good Luck Folks!

Message 21 of 406
RebulidingME

Hello All!!

I am a constant reader of the forums but I am new to the myFICO Fitness Challenge, and I am excited to start! I have had credit issues for years now, with some medical and charge off hanging on my report like a dark cloud. I am trying to take 2015 as the year I face my creit head on and take control of it, I no longer want to ignore and avoid it. I once started on rebuilding my credit years ago, but it all fell apart when I had a major death in family. Now I am ready to try this again and stick to it. I have a few charge offs, a few medical collections and other collections that I want to get rid of. I just want to make smart decisions. I currently don't have a car and would love to purchase a new car with a great rate by the end of the year, if possible. I love all the great advice on the forums, and can't wait to dig in more!

So far, I have opened up a Capital One Quicksilver One with a $300cl a few days ago, which was a great victory for me, as I haven't been able to get any card for at least 2 years now because of the charge offs.

Here's to a happy and healthy 2015 to everyone! I wish you all much financial success!!!

Starting Score: 522
Current Score: 555: Equifax, 617: Experian, 577 TU ( CK)
Goal Score: 700 all across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 406
fbh31118
Valued Member

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2015 A RETURNING CONTENDER!!

I love reading all these great stories of people learning about the system and using it to improve there financial lives, it bring such great hope for the future!

This years goal is to hit the 700 mark on all or any of my scores.  I've just started this year off with a six point jump on my Experian score, going from 672 to 678. 

Starting Score: Experian 627 TU 652 Quizzle na DW 634
Current:Equifax: 698TU: 659Experian: 690
Goal Score: 700 +
Why farm half when you can FARMALL.

Message 23 of 406
Halon18

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2015 A RETURNING CONTENDER!!

Not really a new member but was lurking too much lol.  Now is the time to come out and try the challenge.

Starting Score: 659, 647, 663
Current Score: 740, 734, 684
Goal Score: 700 on all three

Message 24 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys, 

Happy New Years to all!!!

My financial resolution is to increase my credit score to 630 by December 2015.   To reach this goal, I must continue paying all my bills on time for the entire year.   So far I have been doing a pretty good job.  Need to finish paying off any old debit (credit cards and cellphone).  But i have to say I did a fairly good job paying old debt off in 2014, so I am almost done.  The only debt that will take me some time is my education loans.  Another 2015 goal is to save money.  I need to have saved close to $10,000.00 this year.  It will be a hard task, but with hard work I definitely can save this money.  I have to reduce on my unnecessary spending, reduce the eating out and a few other bad habits, in order to reach this goal.  My ultimate goal is to buy a house and car in the next 2-3 years.  I am considering getting a night job because the extra money can help.

Short Term Goals

1-Increase credit score to 630

2-Finish paying off old credit card and cellphone debt

3-Save $10K 

4-Continue putting money aside for my son's education 

Long Term Goals

1-Finish paying college debt

2-Buy a house

3-Buy a car

Starting Score: EQF 553; TU 539; EXP 546
Current Score:EQF 553; TU 539; EXP 546
Goal Score: 630

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!

Message 25 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in...

I did the hard part last year, paying off and getting all but one of my bad guys removed. Got all my scores up 100 pts plus. My mortgage application is in with the USDA and I am hoping to buy my home sometime mid year. Other than that, just to continue to build my credit up. My last bad mark comes off in june, so after that it is just paying the bills. I never believed I would get this far, having spent most of my first 39 years on earth having never borrowed money Smiley Surprised

Best of luck to everybody.

PS Im cheating all bit, but figured my lowest score is the one that needs the most work...EQ is over 700 now, silly TU who is for some reason reporting my loan as a revolver is dragging up the rear.

Message 26 of 406
JamesB95
Regular Contributor

Hi,

I am a 19 year old full-time college student with a part-time job. I started with my first credit card when 18, June 2014. I was just accepted for my 2nd card early today. Once I activate my new card my overall credit limit will be $1,000. My limit currently (till a few days) is $500.

My current myFICO score is 615. I'd like to improve that as I pay down % used on my Discover, while increasing my overall limit.

My goal is 700=+

Message 27 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I joined myFico in December 2014 and discovered this challenge, I was interested and decided January 2015 will be my start in the challenge.  My goals are as follows:

-Get my scores to 700 by summer as I would like to apply for an auto loan and would like as low a interest rate as possible.

-To stay in the garden until I apply for the loan.

-To stay in the garden until some of the inquiries fall off.

-Only request cli, no new apps.

-Get my credit cards paid off and keep utilization under 25% when I do have to carry a balance.

-Cancel my Capital One Platinum when paid off (approved for Discover It, will be replacement card).

And so it begins!

Message 28 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I hope to pay off a few random debt items, make significant progress in paying off my student loans, and overall improve my credit health.  My goal is to see 750+ across all reporting agencies. I'm not sure what to expect for a timeline for this to occur, but my goal is to reduce my overall debt as much as possible this year and positively impact my credit as much as possible.

My steps to do this are:

Make every payment on time this year

Use the Dave Ramsey method (new to this concept, but going to try) to reduce debt as much as possible through snowball, budgeting and envelope type system

Open a new line of credit or two to demonstrate responsibilty with credit (on time payments and minimal use of cards)

Im open to any suggestions to improve my plan!  Best of luck to everyone with the financial/credit goals!

Message 29 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to the community and am enjoying all of the information. I have taken my credit for granted my entire life.  Now is the time to do some clean up!

Message 30 of 406
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.