Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2015

Hello everyone!!!! First of all I want to say thank you😊 Although I am fairly new to myFICO, I have obsessively read these forums over the last month to understand the credit world!
Sadley I had to put a credit freeze on my Equifax report today to prevent hard pulls. EQ is my lowest score, 50 points lower than the other two.😂😅

Also I want to recon a card I just got from capital one and I want to be able to force them to look at the other reports if I can for a bigger starting limit. However I am going to wait a little bit so that the medical collections I have will be removed from my credit report since charity care is taking care of it. Any day now.....
Anyways I had a bankruptcy fall off about a year and a half ago and that's when I began my credit journey.
I began with First Premier $300 and $1000 partially secured from Capital One. One year later I apply and get approved for a Journey Capital One $2000. You can imagine that I got excited.
Too excited....😩
Now I have a MASSiVE amount of cards, although I use them all😂
But now I must garden and clean up my reports which starts today. Here is my list, please don't judge. I have never had a late payment EVER, and always more than the minimum, as well as paid in full every other month.
Most of my balances are $0 with the exception of my Capital One and REI cards because they are my main cards so I use them often.

First Premier $300 CLOSED 3/30 15 months
Capital One Journey $2000 2 months
Capital One Platinum $1000 14 months
Discover Secured $200 1 month
R.E.I. US Bank $1000 1 month
Walmart $300 1 month
American Eagle $400 2 months
Buckle $300 2 months
JC Penny $500 1 month
Macy's $650 1 month
Victoria Secret $650 1 month
Kohls $300 1 month
76 gas $800 1 month
Chevron/Texaco $500 1 month
Exxon Mobil gas $500 1 month

This happened after I got excited and went on a first massive app spree.
I'm done!!!
Off to the garden, EQ is frozen, wish me luck😉

Message 271 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and my mid score is a 633, don't ask about EQ!
Message 272 of 406
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh and my mid score is a 633, don't ask about EQ!

So what about EQ?? Tell us more.  Smiley Wink

Just kidding. Glad you found our little community.

Message 273 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking to buy the home I've been renting in late September. Haven't owned my own home since 2008 due to many factors. Soon-to-be divorced and doing it on my own this time but I'm so excited. I've been paying down debt, have a great DTI ratio, but have one civil judgement that needs to be paid off. ($4K) Working hard to get the numbers up. Just paid down half of my $6K in credit card debt last week. Hope to see a good jump in the next month as a result. 

Looking forward to good vibes from the community here.

I've already learned a ton. This is a fantastic resource.

Message 274 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: My score dropped from 631 to 626

I had 2 alerts during this time, the first was a judgement being added to my public info which is a horrible thing, but did not change my score. This is being paid as agreed and I had to go to court for it. It's from a credit card debt that had been about $500 20 years ago. Some debt company bought it and tricked me into making a payment, then I became repsonsible to pay back $2,000 and now it's showing on my credit even though I negotiated that it never show. I'm furious about this. Lesson: Do NOT pay a debt that is old enough to be charged off! Would the banks do it? Heck no~! And this is now a fabricated amount. I have never had $2k debt on a cc. They said after I pay them $700 it will come off my credit report. I seriously do not believe anything these creditors say.

The 2nd thing is a credit card inquiry for a Discover card and I was approved~! YaY!~ While this is great news because I can use it to build my credit, this DID knock my score down from 631 to 626. I think it was worth it because I was accepted and need to utitlize cards to build my credit - it's one of the areas my report says to work on. So remember that applying for a cc makes a serious inquiry whether you get approved or not it will knock your score.

It's really weird to me how that works, but I am hopeful for the future and wish you all the best =)

UPDATE 5-16-2015~!!

My FICO just jumped up to 654~!! It was definitely worth it to take a momentary hit for the inquiry~! Thank you to the community~! It's been a while since my credit was above 640. I just was not using credit cards, do not have a mortgage, paid off my car and no payments there either. I had no idea it was destroying my credit to be cash only.

Message 275 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

/My Situation: I decided to start increasing my FICO score 9/2014. Initial Score unavailable but checked Credit Sesame on 5/7/15 and had a 650 FAKKO, therefore I checked FreeCreditScore360.com and as of 5/15: TU 614 EQ 611 EX 588

Mini Credit Spree 5/2015: Victoria Secret: $350 Target Red Card $300 Kohl's $300 Walmart $150 Navy Federal Cash Rewards Visa Signature 10k

Denied: ExpressNEXT, Discover, Chase, AMEX, Capital One Quicksilver (too many Capital One Accts)

Waiting on Decision for: Pier 1 Rewards Credit Card

Rebuilding my Credit trying to get to 850, but really trying to get into the 700's to buy a home early next year

Plan to achieve my goals by lowering utilization, continuing to dispute incorrect, inaccurate reported by CRA's showing on all 3 CRA Reports

I've been really reading this blog, trying to build my portfolio. So, I've picked up some new terms...gonna Garden now, lower my utilization, pay revolving credit card balances in full over the next 6 months and hope to see a score in the high 600's....Wish me Luck, give me helpful advice and pointers, tips, etc...I need all the help and feedback that I can get. Glad to be in the presence of Credit Pros....especially CreditAddict

Message 276 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone! I'm new to the fitness challenge, but have been a member and following the boards for advice since Oct of last year! The info on these boards has been great and helped me get my scores up from low 600's last year to 680's to be able to buy a house this last March!

I have a lot of student loans, mostly federal and 2 private - I want to get my scores up to 750 so I can refinance the private loans to a lower rate. 750 seems to be the magic number for lower rates for them. A 780 would get me best rates and save me around $150/mo from lower payment.

I might need to buy a new car soon - don't know how much longer mine will last, so would also like to get my score up as much as possible between now and then for better rates.

Other than that, I will just be sitting in the garden. I have a new mortgage that needs to age, and 2 new credit cards that need to age. I also have 1 last baddie that I'm waiting to have fall off my report - that will happen 1/17.

Message 277 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am new to the boards here and decided it was time to jump in on the action. I started fixing my credit back in 2012. Had a rough beginning, paid off collection and charge off accounts within 6 months and starting working on fixing my credit.

As for my current situation, I have a few credit cards, my score is moving constantly, in the right direction I might add. My plans for the near future is to be above the 720ish range to get a great rate on a mortgage with my wife. I currently have a Discover it card with a 6.7k limit. Capital One Quicksilver with 3k limit, just requested an increase which I should get. Macy's card with 2.5k limit. Kohl's Charge with 1k limit, just requested increase. TJ Maxx with 1.8k limit.  I had about 40k of student loans. Just paid down 15k of that recently, and in the works of paying another 17k of that by end of July. My credit usage is currently about 10%.

I am confused on the different scores between who pulls it, I would imagine its just due to a different layout of how they view my information? My credit Karma says that my TU just went up to 713 and my EQ just went up 44 points to 739, while here says they are 60-80 point difference. Also Credit Sesame says 703, which I believe is for EX. Capital One Credit Tracker says 592 O.o!!! Which the simulator with the recent credit limit inrceases and when the recent big payments come off says it should update to 708. And Discover credit checker says 656.

Regardless, I am in a much better place than I was a few years ago, and slowly the bad information will fall off, a big chunk will be off in the next year or 2. My goals are to be able to have a decent score by next summer when my wife and I apply for a mortgage. The good thing, her score is just below 800, so I have some good competition to fight against! I will get there eventually!

Message 278 of 406
juiceeee

It all started in 2010, when I was 18 y/o. My first card was a Victoria Secret Card with a limit of $150 - it's current limit is $5180 which I obtained by keeping low balances and making on time payments. In late 2013, I really became obsessed with my credit and finances. At the time my credit wasn't terrible but I didn't want to waste a hard pull on a card I may not have been approved for so I opted for a secured CapOne Platinum card to start the credit building process for both myself and my girlfriend. After a few months with just my VS and CapOne card, I begun to apply for different cards and added my GF as an AU for each to her build her credit scores. Now we both have scores in the low to mid 700's and my goal is to get us to 750+ across the board. I also got a mortgage rate  at 4% interest and financed a car for 3% in GA.

Starting Scores: EQ - 577 | EX - UNKNOWN | TU - UNKNOWN
Current Scores: EQ - 715 | EX - 744 | TU - 733

Goal - 750+ across the board

Chase Freedom - starting limit $2500 | current limit $3700

CapOne Quicksilver - starting limit $1000 | current limit $6000

CapOne Secured Card - starting limit $150 | current limit  $300

Victoria Secret - starting limit $150 | current limit $5180

Home Depot - starting limit $300 | current limit $700

Walmart - starting limit $1600

Paypal - starting limit $1000

AU

CapOne Platinum - starting limit $1000 | current $3000

Best Buy - starting limit $3000

Chase Slate - starting limit $2500

Starting Scores: EQ - 577 | EX - UNKNOWN | TU - UNKNOWN
Current Scores: EQ - 715 | EX - 744 | TU - 733
Chase Freedom $3700, CapOne Quicksilver $6000, CapOne Secured Card $300, Victoria Secret $5180, Home Depot $700, Walmart $1600, Paypal $1000 | AU CapOne Platinum $3000, Best Buy $3000, Chase Slate $2500 - TOTAL $26960
Message 279 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all, been lurking a few months and finally decided to join.  I'll be 25 in a few weeks and while I didn't go crazy and get any baddies other than a single 30 day late I've just started to figure out that I really need to buckle down and get my credit in line to make life much easier over the next few years.  I hope over the next year to see a significant score increase due to paying down some high utilizations as well as severely limit any inquiries as mine are pretty high due to buying a few cars and applying for stuff I had basically no chance of getting over the last year or so especially.

Message 280 of 406
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.