Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2015

tag
princessminor
Contributor

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2015

In debt longer than I can remember and putting pen to paper this year to be out of debt in two years time.  My biggest problem is I'm a shop-a-holic so I plan to not shop this year since I DON'T need a single solitary thing.  I have high utilizaiton and I have way too many credit cards.  Over 23 I think with balances on all of them.  I've never been late or missed a payment but only paying min on most of them.  Went over each statement and decided I needed to not pay min but pay the amt to get out of debt in 3 yrs.  Some will be paid off in 1 yr and that money I'll be able to apply to the remaining cards.  No car loans for my husband and I since they are both paid off, (RX LExus 2001 and Nissan Altima '05) but would love to get a newer car by 2016.  I have faith I can do it this time only becasue I'm just tired of having 90% of our income going to pay bills.  Now it's cash and carry and if I don't have the cash, then I'll have to do without!

Starting Score:625
Current Score:660
Goal Score:725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 101 of 406
princessminor
Contributor

You have to copy the siggy into your profile.  I haven't been on this site in years and I was able to do it, so shouldn't have anything to do with the amt of post.  Good luck everyone!!

Starting Score:625
Current Score:660
Goal Score:725

Message 102 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,  I'm new to the myFICO Fitness Challenge..but I sooo need this forum for the push and encouragement.  Just had my 40th birthday and I realize (much too late) that its time for me to grow up and face the bad decisions and habits of my past and correct my credit.  In addition to raising my credit score, I want to be a first time home buyer this year.  

Starting Score 02/2014

496 - Experian

501 - Transunion

459 - Equifax

Current Score 01/30/2015

612 - Experian

600 - Transunion

603 - Equifax 

Good Luck to everyone!

Message 103 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone,  I'm new to the myFICO Fitness Challenge..but I sooo need this forum for the push and encouragement.  Just had my 40th birthday and I realize (much too late) that its time for me to grow up and face the bad decisions and habits of my past and correct my credit.  In addition to raising my credit score, I want to be a first time home buyer this year.  

Starting Score 02/2014

496 - Experian

501 - Transunion

459 - Equifax

Current Score 01/30/2015

612 - Experian

600 - Transunion

603 - Equifax 

Good Luck to everyone!

You can hold your head up now! Great improvement Smiley Happy

Message 104 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

Think I got my sign finally right.  Unsure though why. Simple copy paste and change the red.  Anywho,  I have a student loan, auto loan,  1 CC, CU of 25%, unsecured signature loan 6months,  and on my way to 700 land.  Cant wait to purchase a house

Message 105 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax-596

Transunion-651

Experian-636

I have a library book collection being removed. They sent me a letter as proof so I can dispute the item. An error collection was put on My Equifax account and they are going to correct that as well. I am in the market to get a house by the end of the year.

@09Lexie wrote:

Happy New Year to the myFICO Forums Community!
Can you believe we’re entering our sixth  year of the myFICO Fitness Challenge? If you have financial goals for the New Year, the myFICO Fitness Challenge is the place for you!

What’s the myFICO Fitness Challenge?
To take part in the myFICO Fitness Challenge, simply post an introductory note, and state your financial goals for the coming year. Are you hoping to raise your FICO Score? Buy your first home? A new car? Get that coveted rewards card? Tell us about what you hope to achieve, and what reaching those financial goals will mean to you. As the year progresses, check back here to report on your progress, talk about hurdles you encounter, or simply reach out for support and encouragement from your fellow Fitness Challengers.

Monthly Check-Ins
To help you stay on track we encourage you to stop by for monthly check-ins for 2015. On the first day of each month, myFICO will post a monthly check-in thread for you to talk about your progress, successes, speedbumps, etc. Participation in these monthly check-ins is optional - but encouraged!

First time Challenger?
If you’re new to the myFICO Fitness Challenge, then welcome! To begin, set up your official  MyFICO Siggy signature on your Profile page (Go to My Settings=>Personal Profile=>Personal Information). Then just reply to this topic, telling us a little about your financial situation, your goals, and how you plan to achieve them during the coming year.

Returning Challenger?
Welcome back! Please be sure to update your myFICO Fitness Challenge signature so it directs to the current challenge. You can also tell us about your results in MyFICO Fitness Wrap Up 2014!   

Message 106 of 406
Piggeh
Established Member

Hello all!

I've decided I really need to take better control of my finances and credit score and hoping being accountable here will help with that!

With the help of the forums here,  I was able to luckily fix my credit score and get approved for CareCredit to help with surgery and vet stay costs when I had my dog suddenly get sick and pass away last summer. So since then with the help of donations and allocating the majority of my monthly payments to finish it off, I've been able to almost pay off that bill and I can now concentrate on fixing the other parts of my financial life.

Of course with that sudden situation happening, I ended up using my other credit cards and such (especially during the holidays). I just let my spending get out of control and I know I'm over 30% of my limit on two of my cards so my credit score is lower than I would like it to be right now. It's a bit frustrating to know that I let it get out of control and I'm extremely determined to fix that as soon as I can. I would like to see the 750 mark across the board this year.

Once I finish paying off the CareCredit (which should be done by May according to my calculations!), I can concentrate on getting the amounts down on my two credit cards I've been using to under 30% and that should help drive up my score! Of course, with the tax refund I'm getting back soon I'll be using some of that to pay off my credit card but unfortunately it won't make up too much of a dent.

Victoria's Secret Angel Card $2K - Emblem MasterCard $700 - United Mileage Plus Explorer Card $7K - American Express SPG $9K - CareCredit $7K

Starting Score: 4/27/2014 - TU:704 EQ:706 6/15/2014 - EX:764
Current Score:
TBD
Goal Score:
780+ for all three

Message 107 of 406
Lexyc90
New Visitor

I very new and want to join the challenge. I did fix my credit once before buying a home and co signing for someone was the most terrible thing i did ever so now im recovering from it.

Current Score: 550

Goal Score: 650

Message 108 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello I am new to the board!

I would like to start this year's fitness challenge! 

I am very excited as I have just applied for NFCU 2.99% BT offer to see the impact this will have on my score as I knock down my outstanding debt! will keep you posted!

Message 109 of 406
slund5499
Established Contributor

Need some help getting the FICO Fitness chsllenge in my siggy. I copy and paste but the html code is not working

In the garden since 02/1/23. Newest Account AU Discover It 10K
02/23 Scores; EQ 608 TU 642 EX 575 CCU: 20%, Inq. 2, 1, 2 Collections $39K
Lending Club: newest account 2/3/23. Old Fico 1/17 EQ 530 TU 542 EX 512

Message 110 of 406
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.