Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2016

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2016

Hello everyone!

I am learning so much now that I am older than when I was a kid just thinking that CC's were like endless amounts of readily available credit to use however the heck you want, without so much as considering the ramnifications of allowing the balances to steadily rise without a set plan in place to pay them off. I learned that the hard way along with excessive medical bills when I was faced with the harsh reality of filing Ch. 7 BK. Never will I do that again.

My goals are to become more educated in how to better manage and gain an understanding of how credit works and to vastly improve my credit scores in the high 700s. Pre-BK I had scores in the low 600s, now that I am post BK going on 5 years my scores are mid 600s (I know not much has changed but I didn't open CC for years, just paid cash). Since I want to own a home within the next 10 yrs, I really want to become aggressive in overcoming my past credit obstacles.

Message 91 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all!

Jumping in on this kind of late in the year... hoping to buy house in the next 6 months so immediate goal is getting my scores above 740. Long term shooting for the 800 club Smiley Happy Main problem right now is high balances on my revolving accounts, I moved 2 years ago with my husband who is military, and as a result was unemployed for about 3 months, and since this was also right after our wedding we accumulated a lot on our credit cards. Since then we've paid it down quite a bit, but probably have about $4k to go to get my score to 740. Luckily I don't have anything else negative on my reports (no late payments, etc.).

Message 92 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey everybody.  longtime lurker first time poster.

looking to clean up credit.   2011, had a bad year, (left job due to medical issues, fell into collections with the unforgiving amex :/  
out of risk of not falling into further collections i closed every cc i had. to not risk temptation and fall into even deeper debt.. (i was unaware of how credit profiles worked unfortunately) . that obvioiusly destroyed my credit..
5/13 - capital one granted me an unsecure credit card of $500 , all scored were low 500s

manage to get all 3 scores by into the 600s in less than 2 years, but the open collection from amex  is a killer.  but not giving up and looking to purchase a home with a non fha loan before the end of 2017!  

Message 93 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every time I try to add the my fico fitness thing into my signature I get an error message stating that there was html in it and they removed it. Then it doesnt show. Help please!

Message 94 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been on here for a year. I am trying to get my credit scores to 720's. I am hoping to buy a house next year and get 2 more credit cards, an AMEX and a VISA without annual  or low annual fees. My credit scores are challenged by student loan problems datiung back to 2010. I was unemployed in 2013 which resulted in 3 accounts being 60 days late around Christmas time. My student loans are currently under IBR and in the Public Service Forgiveness Program. I have not had any late payments since January 2014. Last year, I had an unexpected medical bill. I got a couple of credit cards with high interest and annual fees to help cover the bills. The bills were paid off completely in July. I have paid off one of the credit cards and am getting ready to close the account. I just recived a Barclay rewards card with a CL of $1500 and a Capital one Quiucksilver one with a CL of $2000..My Capital One Platinum has a balance of $720 on it and my Leagcy has a balance of $772 on it. My HSN card has a CL of $1700. current balance is $100 for Christmas gifts. I have a Carecredit card with CL of $500 and a $0 balance. I am considering transferring my Cap one and Legacy Visa to my other Quicksilver and Barclay as I have better deals for balance transfers and lower ineterst rates on them. I don't know if I should close any other accounts or just use minimally to keep active. 

Dec 2015 EQ 643   TU 627  EX 616

Dec 2016 EQ  663   TU 648 EX 616

Message 95 of 97
SunnyMI

This is my first message on this board. I've been lurking around for a few months but thought I would go into the new year by participating.

I have spent the last year in credit counseling due to excessive use and i had to close a majority of my cards.

I would like to spend 2017 raising my FICO scores to 750 and raising my Mortgage scores to 750 also because i would like to buy

a house in the next couple of years. 

EX Score 8 699 Mortgage EX Score 5 692
TU Score 8 693 TU Score 4 703
EX Score 8 680 EX Score 2 715
Message 96 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's going everybody!

First post here...I've def been lurking since '15. Finally popping the cherry becuase I've definitely benefited from the information posted here in these forums. You guys are the only reason I have NFCU/AMEX CCs...never would've known the game when it came to getting the best SLs, when to request CLIs, and most importantly improving my FICO score and my financial lifestyle. You all have made an even more significant impact on my wife's profile. So thank you all for everything.

The main task I'm trying to tackle now is paying off the money spent on our wedding. This year we'll have to make a decision on whether my wife will be refinancing her Jeep, trading it in for something else, or me trading in my car for something else...we definitely are going to need something more family friendly though. We also need to determine whether we'll continue renting or buying a house....and whether or not she's going to continue working. So far 2017 has a lot in store for us!!!

Message 97 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.