Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2016

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2016

I would work to pay down the CC debt first.  How old are the collection accounts that you speak of?  If you pay off the collections they will still apprear on your CR, but will show as a paid account.  You may want to attempt to negotiate with the collections agencies for a removal if paid in full.  If the collections are old, they will fall off your reports at 7 years.  It does not mean you do not owe the debt, but they will no longer appear.  Also depending on the state you live in the statue of limitations may have expired on those debts.

Message 21 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU -

- 336 due to come off 11/2021

- PIF, due to come off on 11/2016

- PIF balance due to come off on 12/2017

- PIF, joint account balance due to come off 6/2020

paid in full charge off due to come off 1/2018

EFX -

Same accounts +

340 due to come off in 6/2020

Medical Collection 250 - due to come off 1/2021

EXP -

Same accounts as but no charge off

None of my collections were more than 340 which in hindsight i could kick myself, but i truly just did not have it.

Message 22 of 97
Oorah
New Contributor

Just take one step at a time, and you will get there.

I found extra money to pay on my debt by doing a monthly budget.

I am also using ebay to get rid of some decluttering from around the house

Its amazing what we can sell, that we won't even miss.

Starting Score: 593
Current Score: 554,622,669
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 97
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

Hello all my FiCo Fitness Challenge goals are to get rid of the 2 remaining baddies on my Credit Reports ~~~> my goal by the fall is to be in the 700s ~~~>and to keep my utilization under 10% as much as I can ~~~> my current scores are TU(601) EQ (602) and EX (632) my utilization was rather high and I am currently waiting for credit report to update that I've paid down quite a bit and my Utilization will lower significantly ~~~> I hope to get quite a bit of increases by hitting LOVE BUTTONS this summer 😀😀😀 my BK WILL be 5 yrs old this May so maybe some of the Big boys will consider me ~~~> like Chase or AMEX ~~~< Hoping 🙏🏼 So here I go #financiallyfit
Message 24 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all!

First timer here. I've been reading many of the forum topics and love to follow up on all the great advice. My reason for wanting to take the challenge is to be able to purchase my first home. I made a ton of credit mistakes when I was younger and I am now trying to rehab. 

Message 25 of 97
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

It's worth it to fix your credit it's a slow and steady process but every little step counts just keep plugging away at it you'll get there 😊 Good Luck
Message 26 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to join this challange not only to help me stay focused on rebuilding my credit, but to work towards a loan for a new car. 

Started off by paying off quite a few things, and now just waiting at the moment for these to report to the credit reports.  

Message 27 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!Smiley Very Happy

Message 28 of 97
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

This months goals for my credit ~~~ tackle 1 of the 2 baddies and continue to lower my utilization on the larger balance cards that I have by my April my utilization should be were I would like it ~~~ I'm WORKING 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️
Message 29 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late to the challenge this year, but better late than never!!

I participated last year, with a goal to get all scores to 700 and clean up negatives on my report. I can proudly say that by the end of 2015, TU was hovering at 700 and my EQ report was totally clear from collections. In the past two months, TU has become a clean sheet and EQ has risen to just shy of 700! Despite the removal of most items last year EX didn't really budge, but that's fine /shrug

So what should I look forward to this year? For starters, I want to see all green on my FICO dashboard! I think this means scores at 740, right? So ho am I gonna get there....

1. No new apps - FOR SERIOUS. I got a little power trip as the negatives were falling off, and needless to say racked up a pretty substantial amount of inquiries in the summer. I will not app for anything until at least the fall, if not later. I don't really have any credit needs, so barring a drastic emergency or a reallllllly amazing offer I believe I can manage this.

2. Try to clean the last baddies from EX. There's only 2 left, one is SOL this month and the other is eligible for early exclusion in May. It will either be an easy job or the CA is just a jerk who doesn't like money. Smiley LOL

3. Pay down those student loans! The first negative reason I've gotten on denials is "balance of installment loans to original amount too high". Some of my student loans are at 120%!! I just completed an app to consolidate and want to aggressively pay more than what I owe monthly.

Compared to last year, this just feels like maintenance. But I cannot express how GOOD it feels to be at that point, and not like I'm helplessly drowning underneath 7 collections. To anyone getting started, you can do it. It doesn't take miracles, just a bit (annnd sometimes a lot) of persistence.

Message 30 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.