Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2016

tag
Oorah
New Contributor

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2016

When I first started in the forums, my credit score was about where yours is now.

I used the advice of other people in the forum to help me figure out what to do with credit collectors.  You can put the name of the credit reporting agency in the search and it will give you a list of posts that have been made regarding the company you are trying to deal with.  Find a post from someone dealing with what you have experienced, or you can make a new post in the forum related to repairing credit.  I think you will get the best solutions there.  Some are easier to deal with than others. 

Starting Score: 593
Current Score: 554,622,669
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 61 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you

Message 62 of 97
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

I am a little late on this for this year.  I have been on this forum for over 5 years and I am still just as addicted.  This will be my second challenge year.  My goals are to finally hit the 700 club, build a new house and credit some better credit cards.  Good luck to everyone

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 63 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goals for 2016 are to improve my score while attaining new lines of credit.  I still have a forclosure on my record, but I am finally able to get approved for non-sucure credit againSmiley Happy  Hoping to continue to move forward from here.  

Message 64 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone!

I am excited to be taking the FICO challange.  Seeing as my score is a high 500, around 580 but no matter what I do I can not get over 600.  I plan on financing a new car, without a co-signer, in the fall.  I need to be assured I can get approved. My goal is 700 minimum but that may be not possible for a couple years Smiley Frustrated

I use Credit Karma to get my scores, can you guys recommend a place to get all 3?

Once I can pull up my scores, I can share, and excited to hear tips to improve!!!

Thank you, happy number building to all!

Message 65 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use Fico ultimate 3B.  Its the best out there, its expensive but you have first hand knowledge of what your fico is since 85% lenders use fico.  Welcome to the challenge.Smiley Wink

Message 66 of 97
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

Well May isn't ending quite as I planned but it ending on a good note to where I am able to start building back my savings like I want Some of my limits are rather high on my major credit cards but I give myself to the End of June to stabilize them and the end of July to bring my utilization down to where I would like it which is 10 % I'm gardening now and focusing on the 2 baddies that are still on my report and slowly watching the cli come in as my accounts are aging my scores are Ex 646 Transunion 640 Equifax 630 my Goal by the Fall is to be close too if not a little over the 700 Mark on at least one ~~~ if not by the fall definately by the holidays 😊😊😊
Message 67 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone!  Joining this challenge a little late, but I'm hoping to really get things back on track this year.  I did a voluntary foreclosure on my home and filed Ch. 7 BK back in 2009 (Discharged 2/10) after losing my job.  The clean slate with the BK really helped and I was determined to use credit responsibly this time around.  And I did....until I was diagnosed with some pretty serious heath conditions that had me out of work for 8 months!  So...here I am again...pretty much starting over!  After the BK, I managed to get my credit score up to a 680 as of June 2014 (my goal was 700 and I was so close).  Now, I've dropped all the way back down to a 475 Smiley Sad  I know I have a long road ahead of me, but I am determined (once again) to get things back on track.  I know there are many of us on this forum with the same circumstances, and as crappy as that is....it's nice to know there are people willing to put their pride to the side and share their stories, tips, tricks, etc. in the hopes of helping someone else.  Good luck to everyone on this journey! 

Message 68 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Everyone!

I am very excited to get my finances and credit under control! Don't want to whine and cry on here but went through some hard times, made MANY mistakes, learned from them and now am back on my feet trying to make some serious changes.

Besides generally wanting to boost my score, I want to buy a house in a better school district for my kids. So, that would be my main goal! I plan to acheive this by the following:

• Paying off some collections and some of my student loans
  • Opening new revolving credit accounts and maintaining good standing (so far have Capital One @ $500, Credit One @ $300, VS @ $250, Kohls @$300, and First Premier @ $300)
  • Opening new installment loan and maintaining good standing (purchased vehicle 10/15 with First Investors)
  • Opening new lines of credit and keeping credit utiliziation LOW

Message 69 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Evening,

I just signed up for myFICO to get my financial life in order.  Currently my best score is experian at 634 and my lowest is equifax at 563.

I had some rough monetary moments in my life so far but have found a stable career and am now looking to turn the corner.  My goal is to help my family(wife, 2 kids, possibly a third) get into a larger house and to do that my credit needs to improve so I can put my income on the mortgage.  I am just looking to make my family proud and happy.

This is my second attempt at rebuilding as a few years ago I was given some horrid advice that I can now see set me back.

My late payments on my student loans are slowly rolling off and I have not had any late payments in a little over two years on anything.

I have two accounts from FPB that were charged off and am looking for the best advice to minimize their impact on my score.

I also am down to 4 collections on my credit which 2 are currently in dispute because of inaccuracy.

Any assistance anyone can off me I would appreciate it!

Best wishes for strong fiscal health

Message 70 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.