Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2016

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2016

Hello,

I am new to the forum and on my way to credit recovery.

Thanks,

Message 71 of 97
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

I'm new here, but I look forward to keeping the progress going. It's slow and steady so far.

Message 72 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dicipline is the key to succes,,,,monitor your credit daily, add alerts to your credit cards for any unauthorized charges, challenge accounts on your credit report that are too old etc,,use credit karma to challenge transunion...use only 10 percent of your credit for six months and your scOres will rise,, be diciplined  and strategic when spending, and stay on your job daily!!   PRDUBB

Message 73 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! 

My name is Laura - and I recently graduated from college with my B.A degree. I'm working full time in slightly related field to my degree. Now that I'm done with school I've decided that gaining control over my financial future is my goal. In the next 3 to 5 years I would like to be able to buy a house, a car, pay down my student loans, and live comfortable within my means. 

I have approx a little over $5,000 in credit card debit, spread across 8 cards Smiley Sad - last year I switched jobs, and ended up on a reduced income than what i was used too. Now the changing of jobs wasn't a total mistake, because the experience I received from my previous job allowed me to land my current job, which is now at a slightly higher income than either of my previous jobs I've had in the past. During the 6 months I was at a reduced income I look to credit cards to supplement my income, and I realize the mistake that was now. 

I'm struggling to pay off all these cards and manage my monthly payments. So my reasoning for joining the FICO fitness challene. I figure this will be a great support group to talk to about my struggles and to gain advice from those that have been through it before. 

I also have about $60k in Federal Student Loans - which I'm currently on a IBR plan. Which was approved for $0 payments for this next year. I hope that in the next year I can reduce my credit card debt enough so I can start making payments to my student loans. 

I also eventually would like to start saving for a house and/or vehicle down the road. I know credit repair takes time, so I'm hoping by the time I'm 34/35 I have some of these things accomplished. 

Look forward to interactive with all of you! 

- Laura

Message 74 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi! 

My name is Laura - and I recently graduated from college with my B.A degree. I'm working full time in slightly related field to my degree. Now that I'm done with school I've decided that gaining control over my financial future is my goal. In the next 3 to 5 years I would like to be able to buy a house, a car, pay down my student loans, and live comfortable within my means. 

I have approx a little over $5,000 in credit card debit, spread across 8 cards Smiley Sad - last year I switched jobs, and ended up on a reduced income than what i was used too. Now the changing of jobs wasn't a total mistake, because the experience I received from my previous job allowed me to land my current job, which is now at a slightly higher income than either of my previous jobs I've had in the past. During the 6 months I was at a reduced income I look to credit cards to supplement my income, and I realize the mistake that was now. 

I'm struggling to pay off all these cards and manage my monthly payments. So my reasoning for joining the FICO fitness challene. I figure this will be a great support group to talk to about my struggles and to gain advice from those that have been through it before. 

I also have about $60k in Federal Student Loans - which I'm currently on a IBR plan. Which was approved for $0 payments for this next year. I hope that in the next year I can reduce my credit card debt enough so I can start making payments to my student loans. 

I also eventually would like to start saving for a house and/or vehicle down the road. I know credit repair takes time, so I'm hoping by the time I'm 34/35 I have some of these things accomplished. 

Look forward to interactive with all of you! 

- Laura

Good Luck to you.  This forum has helped me in the past as I was looking to reduce my debt and the mistakes I made in the past.

Message 75 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice to meet you Laura!
Message 76 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Fellow Challengers,

I am looking forward to the challenge while I tend to my garden and get my scores above 750 (currently: EX 698  /  EQ 693  /  TU 693).  Over the next year, I plan to pay off all CC debt (on track to be fully paid off in 9 months), and hit that love button when possible to further decrease utilization.  From there, I plan to save for a house and be financially secure, debt-free (san student loans and mortgage), with a great score to get that APR as low as possible.  In other words, I plan to be in my garden for a long time.

I am new to the forum, but have lurked anonymously for over a year, until I realized it is much better to help fellow members where I can, even as small as simple data points.

Message 77 of 97
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

I have just switched jobs to reduce my CC debt as well this job pays more and I have mapped out a detail budget to reach my goal of under 10% utilization by December if not a month or so sooner✔️
Message 78 of 97
mszuki1000
Contributor

My goal is to clean up my credit and get out of the 450-500 credit score loop. After a second job layoff, I could barely make payments if at all..........From that my score drop from 681 march 2015 to where I'm sitting now at 496 as a result, i have several 90-120 day late payments reporting as two collection accounts. This is the lowest my score has ever been and I am going crazy trying to figure out how to get back on track. ..... Now that I've calmed my nerves, sit back and thought it out, the plan has begun. Going to be hard, I know, but its doable. I plan to have all my cards down to 30% before the holidays, get my student loans back on track, and get my scores in check. I need to buy a car soon because the one I have is literally falling apart and it cost more to fix then what I owe...........

2016 goals: 700 fico score by Dec 2016 ......

So far I've: Increase my monthly payments and set up a spreadsheet to use the debt snowball method..... This way I can get a sense of satisfaction from time to time

OK! HERE I GO!!!!!!!!

Starting Score: 412
Current Score: 488
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 79 of 97
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

I have officially started my new job position which will allow me to drastically lower my utilization and take care of the 2 baddies that are on my credit report .Ive received a couple of increases on some of my cards but still working on lowering my utilization on my major cards ~~~> gardening for now until further notice 🙂✔️
Message 80 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.