Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2016

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2016

Hi all.

I am a bit late to this challenge, but I figured that I'd bite the bullet and begin.

After jumping right into "adulting" but not understanding credit, I was 18 years old with 3 credit cards. As the years passed, I had student loans, 3 auto loans (including one that was voluntarily repossessed) on my credit. At the beginning of this year, my husband and I decided to file chapter 7 bankruptcy for fresh start.

My initial credit score (before bankruptcy) was roughly 450, it is now 560. My bankruptcy is discharged, I have 1 credit card through NFCU ($500) and of course my student loans (but I am still a Grad student so they are in good standing). I no longer have an auto loan, I have a car that is paid for.

My goal is to get to a 700 credit score, through making on-time payments on all of my bills, and by also making SMART financial decisions. I oneday, hopefully within the next year or two, hope to purchase a home.

Message 81 of 97
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

Good luck to you and your goals just stay focused and positive and responsible and it will pay off 🙂
Message 82 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/hthttp://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.pngml/assets/chall...

Been rebuilding since 2/16/16 after BK7 was final, my scores started in the low 500's and now pushing mid 600's. It is a slow grinding process to get back to some kind of normalcy, but with hard work and watching every financial move you make closely nirvana can be acheived. So I'm 6 months in to my rebuild and I have reestablished with a balanced amount of CC's, personal loans and Dept Store cards along with keeping my Utility below 10% and I'm seeing my scores climb slowly but surely. Hope to join the 700 plus club by the 12 month post BK mark.

Message 83 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh! and boy do I need help with my Siggy, can't get anything to come up when I copy and paste? Help!

Message 84 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone :-) I'm somewhat late to this, but figured I would join! I am in the process of cleaning up my credit from my ex husband. I started in the low 500's and am almost at 700 now which is amazing considering I had a house go in to foreclosure and shared credit cards that were maxed out (thankfully my name is off all of it now). I have 3 major credit cards that I use, and I pay them off whenever a balance shows up. My goal is to get in to the high 700's. I've also decided to forego opening any new credit cards and only do SP's for CLI's at least for the next year. I'm in a good place with my credit and I know it can only get better!

Message 85 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning. Just joined. I am new to gardening so excuse me if I forgot the first planting term. But today I am starting
Message 86 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I'm new. 3 days in. I am currently sitting at 615. Been rebuilding for 2 years now. But my score dropped down cuz I bought a new car. One cb dropped but others rose. But I am working towards getting the score up to 700 cuz,I want to have a house. Boy is it tempting when u get these offers in email that say apply etc. It is very hard to ignore but I am trying. Any ideas how to get score up. I do have on time payments etc. Thanks
Message 87 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello. Im new here.  I have been working on my credit for almost 3 years now. I really messed up my credit when I was younger, and just recently got all of my collections removed. Right now I have zero collections YAY! My main issue right now is inquiries, I have a lot. I have had the Capital One secured card for a little under 2 years with a $200 start out limit with a $300 increase that I didn't have to put down a deposit for, so $500 limit. I just recently got approved for $500 Walmart store card, and $400 Credit One. I also have a Fingerhut account that I just paid off totally, so I'm hoping that helps my score soon. I have about 8 student loans that are still in the deferment stage. I am at 612 now. My goal is to reach 750, and get my inquiries to under 5. Thank you for this forum. I have been reading for days and have learned a lot already. 

Message 88 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am new here as well!  Anytime I was googling for tips, answers, advice, it seemed google always led me here!  After reading for a couple of days thought I would sign up.

My BK 13 discharged early January, might have even been late December; hard to remember exact right now.  Anyway, started with a secured FNB card and probably a FICO of about 550 even though CK has had me at like 700 or more since last May which is as far back as the graph shows, but I know better.

My FICO according to my BOA and Discover IT card (both new so only a month of data) shows me at 632, up from 630 the month before.  I expect it to go up once my BOA reports my CL since its $3K.  Right?

Anyway, I am just OBSESSED with my next goal of 660, then on to 675, then 700 by 18 months post DC of BK. 

Message 89 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to the site, and so happy I found it! Smiley Happy

Even though there are just a few months left in the year, I wanted to join in the fun.

Still learning a LOT, but my goal for the remainder of this year is to get my EQ Fico 5 score to 736.  This is the score my CU uses for mortgage loans -which I am hoping to get towards the end of next year.

The plan is to get my UTIL down to less than 30% over the next 3 months.  My current UTIL is over 68%. The other goal ( not sure if it's possible), is to the get Student Loan baddies off of my CRs or corrected by the end of the year.

Good luck to everyone! Smiley Happy

Message 90 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.