cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2017!

tag
driftless
Valued Contributor

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2017!

I would like to join the Challenge mid-year as well.  My goals are similar to others:

• Continue to PIF every month.
  • Save every month.
  • Not to apply for any new credit except for commercial mortgages.

Thanks,

Driftless

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 81 of 124
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's end of the June already, but I've being reading these post for few months now. I know it's late but I want to join the challenge too and share my experience along the way. I've learned a lot from this forum so far, and I want to thank you for sharing. To be honest felt good about humans on this Earth, when I read some post with great ideas and comments.

Here we go,
I have a student loan with Navient close to 72K with few 90-120 days latest in 2015 and at least 8 collection and 1 pai off chase accountant counting as the oldest account (opened in 2008)

After reading this forum I've sent DV letters to all the CA in CRCC mail. Wrote a sort of GW letter to Navient advocate asking to remove the late payments.

Opened: PenFed CU saving account today,
Pending: NASA, and DCU
Denied: NAVY, UNIFY and Allient

Opened a secured CC with capital one with a $300 deposit and gave me up to $450 limit. Kept the % less than 7 in the 1st statement and keeping to do so.

Took off ERC CA reporting from my TU and waiting for Equinax. BIG THANK TO GOOD PEOPLE HERE FOR THIS INFORN

Future idea: open another secured CC with a CU or discover it.
Message 82 of 124
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking to join up mid year. Looking to get my scores up to refinance a new car I just had to get because my old car died on me. Also looking to get score up to get my first AMEX card and get my secured Discover Card unsecured.

Message 83 of 124
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to the challenge but I am excited to clean up a few baddies and stay in the garden for a while with the end goal of purchasing a home. I know itll take time to get my scores/report up to par, but I'm determined! Smiley Happy

Message 84 of 124
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to the Challenge.  Been following people doing it for almost four years, but finally got into a financial place where I can make it happen and finally get into the right place.

No BK, but a lot of bad decisions (between my own and those I've taken on for others).  I'm doing a lot of repair for stupid young decisions.  

I'm not young anymore.  I'm a father and a husband, and I can't let my own youthful decisions disrupt or affect my family's growth.  I want to be the best I can be for them, so I need to improve financially.

Any steps in the right direction would help greatly.  Right now, I've got a Discover it Secured Card, a First Premier Credit Card, and a Credit One card.  Planning on leaving it at that and gardening for a bit here, but I've got a lot of work to do to keep everything proper and pat with my cards.

Message 85 of 124
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 86 of 124
Subexistence
Established Contributor

Get rid of first premier and credit1

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 87 of 124
Anonymous
Not applicable

I plan on it eventually...but I also just got the cards. Wouldn't make sense to kill my AAoA like that...
Message 88 of 124
Subexistence
Established Contributor

I recommend mentioning you have those cards and are afraid to close them in the fico-scoring sub-forum. Many others more knowledgeable than I will be able to assist you on the best way to do it.

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 89 of 124
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

I'm a little late to the party, but I'm in!  I just paid off all of my debt except the mortgage and now it's time to build my credit score back up!  It's been a long year, but things are looking up!

Message 90 of 124
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.