Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Valued Contributor

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2017!

I would like to join the Challenge mid-year as well.  My goals are similar to others:

• Continue to PIF every month.
  • Save every month.
  • Not to apply for any new credit except for commercial mortgages.

Thanks,

Driftless

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus | Ink
All credit files frozen, thank you Equifax. Smiley Mad

It's end of the June already, but I've being reading these post for few months now. I know it's late but I want to join the challenge too and share my experience along the way. I've learned a lot from this forum so far, and I want to thank you for sharing. To be honest felt good about humans on this Earth, when I read some post with great ideas and comments.

Here we go,
I have a student loan with Navient close to 72K with few 90-120 days latest in 2015 and at least 8 collection and 1 pai off chase accountant counting as the oldest account (opened in 2008)

After reading this forum I've sent DV letters to all the CA in CRCC mail. Wrote a sort of GW letter to Navient advocate asking to remove the late payments.

Opened: PenFed CU saving account today,
Pending: NASA, and DCU
Denied: NAVY, UNIFY and Allient

Opened a secured CC with capital one with a $300 deposit and gave me up to $450 limit. Kept the % less than 7 in the 1st statement and keeping to do so.

Took off ERC CA reporting from my TU and waiting for Equinax. BIG THANK TO GOOD PEOPLE HERE FOR THIS INFORN

Future idea: open another secured CC with a CU or discover it.
Starting Score: 559
Current Score: 559
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
0 Kudos

Looking to join up mid year. Looking to get my scores up to refinance a new car I just had to get because my old car died on me. Also looking to get score up to get my first AMEX card and get my secured Discover Card unsecured.

Starting Score: EQ 606, TU 566, EX 565 (7/8/2017)
Current Score: EQ 608, TU 550, EX 580 (9/9/2017)
Goal Score: EQ 700, TU 700, EX 700 (1/31/2018)
Current Card: NFCU CashReward 1K, USAA Secured AMEX 250, Capital One Plat 200, Playstation Capital One 300, Secured Discover IT 1000

Highlighted
Established Member
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

New to the challenge but I am excited to clean up a few baddies and stay in the garden for a while with the end goal of purchasing a home. I know itll take time to get my scores/report up to par, but I'm determined! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 571
Current Score: 620
Goal Score: 670

New Visitor
0 Kudos

I'm new to the Challenge.  Been following people doing it for almost four years, but finally got into a financial place where I can make it happen and finally get into the right place.

No BK, but a lot of bad decisions (between my own and those I've taken on for others).  I'm doing a lot of repair for stupid young decisions.  

I'm not young anymore.  I'm a father and a husband, and I can't let my own youthful decisions disrupt or affect my family's growth.  I want to be the best I can be for them, so I need to improve financially.

Any steps in the right direction would help greatly.  Right now, I've got a Discover it Secured Card, a First Premier Credit Card, and a Credit One card.  Planning on leaving it at that and gardening for a bit here, but I've got a lot of work to do to keep everything proper and pat with my cards.

Starting Score: EQ 555, TU 570, EX 545 - 7/21
Current Score: EQ 555, TU 570, EX 545 - 7/21
Goal Score: ALL 640 by 1/1/18

0 Kudos

Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Get rid of first premier and credit1

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-765,Eq08-749,Tu08-741
Goal Score: Ex08-760,Eq08-760,Tu08-760

New Visitor
0 Kudos

I plan on it eventually...but I also just got the cards. Wouldn't make sense to kill my AAoA like that...
Starting Score: EQ 555, TU 570, EX 545 - 7/21
Current Score: EQ 555, TU 570, EX 545 - 7/21
Goal Score: ALL 640 by 1/1/18

Established Contributor
0 Kudos

I recommend mentioning you have those cards and are afraid to close them in the fico-scoring sub-forum. Many others more knowledgeable than I will be able to assist you on the best way to do it.

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-765,Eq08-749,Tu08-741
Goal Score: Ex08-760,Eq08-760,Tu08-760

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm a little late to the party, but I'm in!  I just paid off all of my debt except the mortgage and now it's time to build my credit score back up!  It's been a long year, but things are looking up!

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.