cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2017!

Highlighted

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2017!

10 years ago (2007) my credit score was 800 and life was good Smiley Happy I got divorced 8 years ago (2009) and had a ton of credit card debt that I didn't even know about. The divorce really hurt as I had to start over. I opened credit accounts to purchase furniture, tvs, even dishes. I did not have the means to buy any of that or pay the old debts. I basically just ignored it all. Collection accounts mounted. In 2012 I needed to purchase a car. I was approved for a car loan at 24% interest due to my 535 credit score. My new wife and I decided that we wanted to buy a house. In October of 2013, my mortgage broker laughed at me and said talk to me in a year, maybe. I went into full attack mode and by April i secured a home mortage of 280K with a credit score of 675. I fixed my score, but not my lifestyle or attitudes towards debt and money. Fast forward 3 years, I quickly fell behind on my mortgage and other credit accounts. In February I had a financial awakening and started to fix my finances. I caught up on every bill and actually started to save money! I told myself that I didnt need to worry about my credit score because I was only paying cash from now on. Well, this is real life, and that thinking is just fantasy. We have 3 vehicles, all paid for, but all very high in mileage. We have PMI that I would love to get rid of. SO in August, I dusted off the old websites and forums to take a look at my scores. You can see what they were below in my sig. 400's!!!!! I was sick to my stomach and decided it was time to fix these scores and keep them that way. So I have a begun operation 700! Time to make my credit score reflect my new lifestyle.

Starting Scores (Aug. 17) Exp. 527 EQ. 481 TU 475
Current Scores (Oct. 17) Exp. 587 EQ. 529 TU 544
Goal Scores (April 18) Exp. 710 EQ. 700 TU 690

My word, what a story!  I am with you brother.  My circumstances no longer include a wife (mine passed away in April of this year), however, my current score is 571 and I am challenged to get it to 700 also.  I wish you well on your journey.

Thank you sir! I have made many bad decisions but I am determined that those are behind me. Sorry to hear about the passing of your wife. Good Luck to you. These forums have been great for me.

Starting Scores (Aug. 17) Exp. 527 EQ. 481 TU 475
Current Scores (Oct. 17) Exp. 587 EQ. 529 TU 544
Goal Scores (April 18) Exp. 710 EQ. 700 TU 690

Thank you for your kind words...my 2nd wife is rejoicing in Heaven with my 1st wife; they were great friends on earth and now their even greater friends in Heaven, dancing before the Lord!