cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018!

Thanks so much...
Message 61 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your credit achievement!

I have one question regarding your score 3 report, I see it significantly less than the rest and I'm in a similar situation. I'm in the high 790s on all my other credit scoring models, but credit score 3 for me is in the 710s. I just don't understand that type of swing and I believe is because they do not have either all the data or they have inaccurate data collected. Any thoughts?

@Revelatewrote:

Think I missed the results post, move this if needed Smiley Happy.

Hahaha, I crushed it credit wise in 2017!  

As of this morning I beat my goal scores which I think is only the second time in my entire history on the forum I've made it... and this was something of a oujia board exercise anyway when I was guessing what it would be in 2018.

I absolutely do not know what I'm going to suggest as a target for next year is, it's probably going to go down somewhat as I expect I'm going to be leveraging my credit for something so I may just keep the same goal scores and try not to do anything too horrifically stupid with my credit next year.

Anyway year over year tale of the FICO score:

Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 11.31.06 AM.png

Best of luck to everyone in the New Year both in credit and everything else!

Message 62 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

First time challenger! Goals for 2018 are to garden until June. I want to hit 650 scores, ultimately 750 and above. Hoping to purchase a car this year, and a home in 2019-2020.
Starting scores
EX579
EN606
TU588
Message 63 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the challenge, A1023! ☺️
Message 64 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there everyone, first post here on myFICO and decided I'll jump in on the challenge after looking up some stuff and getting a new job.

I haven't bought any reports for the site, but B of A claims my score to be 659(Transunion only?) as of today. I only have a $300 secured card through B of A but I do have two main goals. My main goals this year are to get two main cards for mostly essentials such as car work other bigger-ticket items. These are cards for America's Tire, for tires I will need in the next 1-3 months; and a B of A Cash Rewards card with the 3,2,1% rewards set up. Any recommendations are definitely useful, and this is my plan so far.

1. Pay off the secured card, Credit Karma estimates my score will be ~710 once I do, and ATM my actual score from B of A is about 40 points higher than CK's current estimate.

2. Get America's Tire Card - I'm going to need them soon and wanted this card for a bit anyway because I do usually get tires for my car that don't have high tread life due to being higher performance.

3. Get Cash Rewards Card - After waiting a bit for the hard inquiry from the AT card, I'm going to try for the Cash Rewards Card. I just feel I would like to have a card for in case any bigger-ticket items appear suddenly that are important enough to get into debt on. (Car repairs, etc.)

Pm or comment any recommendations that any of you guys have, I'm only 23 and know only so much about this stuff. 

Message 65 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone!

I've essentially had a divine intervention and a reality check and it was time to fix my credit. My girlfriend and I are advancing in our careers and possibly moving to California next year. We both need to work on our scores. I'm currently at a 589 with a lot of negative remarks, so I'm hoping that by end of the 2018 year I'll be able to land a 650 or 700. I've basically fluctated from a 433 to a 604 and now back down to a 589 after getting approved for a car loan. Realistically, I don't know how possible it is to get past 600!

Message 66 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Search these sites for answer to many of your questions. And time. Time will heal many wounds. Begin by researching paying for deletion. Also, pay everything on time. Simplistic, but it works.

Message 67 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!
Message 68 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had a rocky couple of years and my credit score went from a 807 to 527 EX 569 Equifax 572 TU. I just recently was finally able to get  some credit cards...

Discover IT (secured) $300 CL

Capital One Platinum (unsecured) $300 CL

Credit One $300 CL

Nordstrom $500 CL 

I was shocked I was able to get these! I make over 80K a year so having cards and paying them off every month is not going to be hard to do. I would like to be able to buy a house and I don't know how long its going to take!  I would love to learn here how to get my credit scores up in the least amount of time. My goals are in the next year:

-Bring my score up to at least 675-700

-Get Pre-Approved for a mortgage! 

-Get an Airline Points Credit Card (I Travel a lot)

Any advice would be great! 

Message 69 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you know when the credit card companies report to the bureaus??? 

Message 70 of 265
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.