cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018!

Hi all! 

Just started the uphill battle to repair by credit and in a 2 month period, I have started to slowly pay down some of my collections/debt, was able to get 4 new credit cards and have seen my scores go up slowly. I am not sure how FICO figures out scores but I see some people on here with over 100 pt. increases in just a month... what are the things that make a score rise that much? So far with the cards I have recieved I have kept my utilization at about 15%. I have been using that method recommended on here where you let one card post for around $25 and the rest PIF by statement date. I have the following cards:

Discover (secured) $300CL

Capital One Platinum (unsecured) $300CL

Credit One Platinum (unsecured) started at $300CL and the gave me an increase in less than a month to $450CL

Nordstrom $500CL

ULTA $300

I have several old credit cards that were charged off in 2014-15 after a divorce, and I was able to pay off two last week (each a little over $1000). 

Whats it going to take to get my scores up to at least 700 and how long do you think it will take?? 

Scores: 581TU  578EQ   548EX

Thank you for any advice!!! 

Message 111 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! I am new to the community and would like to share my goals and learn from others. Anyone care to share some newbie tips?
Message 112 of 265
Monnie

@Monniewrote:
On a positive note, my TU increased to 711.  It was due to the additional payments I have made to my student loan in pre-rehabilitation stage.  I am being careful not to over-pay, as not to jeopardize the removal of the items that come with being in rehabilitation.  EX increased 2 pts to 699.  It is slow moving. I am fighting to continue to garden, but it is trying my last nerve.  

Update:  My Eq is now 777, TU is now 716, and EX is now 703.  My Eq increased partly because I had inactive accounts activated and used them in the past month or two.  I wanted to wait until the fall to before applying for anything because my inquiries will fall off and my sl will be rehabilitated by then. My goal remains 780 across the board.

Starting Score: 648
Current Score:813
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 113 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello im new (first post) want a challenge first thing in, and the Fico Fitness challenge seems like a hard one but im willing too give it a go

just gotta figure out how too post signiture of my scores

Current scores

Experian 702

Equifax 705

Transunion 714

Goal

750 across board by next year

Message 114 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome, blockade! Smiley Happy

Message 115 of 265
cat12

Hi Everyone,

This forum is a wealth of knowledge! I’ve been lurking on this site for years. I’m in the process of rebuilding, so I’ve been pouring over the rebuilding thread and taking ABCD’s rules to heart.  I signed up with Experian for quarterly monitoring for all 3 scores and reports. Also, with the EQ breach, I like keeping on top of my reports. Unfortunately, I have a number of derogs dating back to 2011 for both closed and open accounts, mostly on TU from my credit union.

Savings: Slow, but steady, about $400 since January.

Cards, Credit Line, Balance

Kohls, $300.00, $ 0.

Macy,$100.00, $0.00

Target, $2,000.00, $988

Citibank Secured, $300.00, $0.00

Barclay Card, $750.00, $550.00

Synchrony/Care Credit, $2,500.00, $1,858.00

Chase Slate, $2,000.00,$1,818.00

Cap One QS1, $3,000.00, $2,851.00

AAoA: 8 years, 7 mos. Overall Util: 74%

I have one paid collection due to fall off in November of this year (Progressive) and I may try and ask them for an EE around the summer since it will only be a few more months.

My goal is to pay off Barclays in full by June, and reduce my utilization for Slate and QS1 by 50% in the next few months. I would close Barclays because I don’t really need it but it’s my oldest account, so I will probably SD it with the Kohl’s and Macy’s until my other accounts age. Synchrony and Target I’m just going pay enough so they are paid in full over 24 months. I’d rather focus on major cards. Next year, I’d like to apply for the Chase FU (I have a Chase checking account), one of the AMEXs, and when my Citi graduates, PC to a Double Cash.

I’ll be gardening to put some time between the baddies and allow the collection to fall off. My family has a long personal history with the CU that posted the derogs on TU, so I may ask them if a GW would help reduce those.

I’m psyched to take the FICO challenge, and continue reading and learning! Thanks!

Starting Score: 1/28/18 EX: 568 TU:603: EQ:564
Current Score: 3/23/18 EX: 608 TU:632: EQ:607
Goal Score: 650-670 by 12/31/18

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 116 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting score= when we started the challenge right?

Message 117 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am new here & would love start the Fitness Challenge, but am sooo confused.😫 Where is the signature box?

Message 118 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was confused too i just clicked e verything and figured it out lol.

But scroll all the way too top of page, should see the notification bell, and message envelope and a round  circle (your avatar) click the round circle. Once there you should already be on email, scroll down a little and click personal information, which should bring you too your signature.

Message 119 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 120 of 265
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.