cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018!

tag
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018!

Hi everyone just checking in been a while. Trying to improve my score. My goal is to be ready to purchase a house in a year or so. I’m kinda stuck at 619. Trying to pay down my balances and work on my 5 Collections to get to the next level 😟. Hoping I can improve a little in the next 6 months. I recently just got approved for my chase freedom so that did indeed bring my score down so I guess right now I just keep working away

Message 101 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just saw this, but here i go.

FICO 8 scores as of January 2017 - Was averaging 619 - 630 on EX, TU and EQ.

FICO 8 as of January 2018:

EX 718

TU 730 EQ

EQ 729

Definately have improved from 2017 'til now Smiley Happy

Goal 750+ by December 2018 and 790+ by December 2019. 

Chapter 7 due to fall of on 10/2020.  Should be able to see way over 800 scores then.

Message 102 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Getting started late, but better late than never! 

Goal this year is to get a traditional mortgage for our home that we bought via lease purchase 2 years ago.  We have a five year option, but I'd like to get it done sooner rather than later.  At this point, we have just over 10K toward the purchase.  Starting scores are based on high util% and 2 baddies - one CO, 4 years old and 1 30 day late, 18 months old.  AAoA 4.5 years.  I recently dropped util% to <30 and that's why current scores are boosted.  I also just increased CL by adding a Disco it at $2000 SL and a Citi DC at $2300 - neither have reported yet, so I'm hoping for another boost.  Then I will most likely garden until I reach 680 and then get the mortgage.

Sounds like a good plan OverTheMoon! Good luck on your mortgage, and wishing you smooth roads for all the steps that will come before it. Smiley Happy

Message 103 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sparklerd34wrote:
Hi everyone just checking in been a while. Trying to improve my score. My goal is to be ready to purchase a house in a year or so. I’m kinda stuck at 619. Trying to pay down my balances and work on my 5 Collections to get to the next level 😟. Hoping I can improve a little in the next 6 months. I recently just got approved for my chase freedom so that did indeed bring my score down so I guess right now I just keep working away

Hey sparklerd34! Your scores will bounce back from the new CC. Just keep at those balances and collections, and don't lose heart! I'm working on balances too. It can take a while, but we can do it! Smiley Happy

Message 104 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

I just saw this, but here i go.

FICO 8 scores as of January 2017 - Was averaging 619 - 630 on EX, TU and EQ.

FICO 8 as of January 2018:

EX 718

TU 730 EQ

EQ 729

Definately have improved from 2017 'til now Smiley Happy

Goal 750+ by December 2018 and 790+ by December 2019. 

Chapter 7 due to fall of on 10/2020.  Should be able to see way over 800 scores then.

Congratulations, c00mtg! Those scores look great! Smiley Happy

Message 105 of 265
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@sparklerd34wrote:

Hey sparklerd34! Your scores will bounce back from the new CC. Just keep at those balances and collections, and don't lose heart! I'm working on balances too. It can take a while, but we can do it! Smiley Happy

@Anonymous for that @Anonymous.  its been frustrating because im disputing 2 collections they have the same account number. I want to get over 650 by the end of this year. Ironically my debt to income is 26 percent. So if i can get it lower would be even better to be ready to purchase a house. You know when you're impatient like me you want good scores now!! but its getting better used to dream of having a chase credit card. so i will be grateful and keep working away

Message 106 of 265
pumpkinnoodle

Just hoping and praying.

Starting Score: 562 Exp 636 Equi  571 Trans  March 16 2018
Current Score: 562 Exp 636 Equi  571 Trans
Goal Score: 680

Starting Score: 562 Exp 636 Equi 571 Trans March 16 2018
Current Score: 562 Exp 636 Equi 571 Trans March 16 2018
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 107 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting scores Fico 8 Tu 734 (3-14-18)ex 733 (2-17-18)eq 726 (2-20-18)

Raise my scores across the board to 760 hopefully higher. Pay down student loans, pay off my personal loan 4 months to go. Garden till I buy a rzr, which I think I wanna cut my student loans in half before I do that.
Message 108 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many post do we have to have before you can put that signature on our signature ?
Message 109 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Been a long time lurker/learner on MyFico boards and finally have my score to a spot I am willing to engage. :-)

So, here goes nothing!

Current Stats:

Fico8 = 659

EQ=678

TU=670

EX=659

UTL = 7% // One late payment // one unpaid collection // 1 INQ

Short Term Goal:

Refinance auto loan for lower int rate. (6.72%) Perferably would like to refinance with Golden1 CU so I can take advantage of the one pull multiple offers. Also would like to get a good rewards card in wallet. 

Long Term: Maintain under 20% UTL, above 800 score

I have been gardening for about 1.5 years since my first morgage in Aug 2016.

Any advice on next moves?!

Message 110 of 265
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.