cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

tag
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

Hi all,

In 2011 I...
-opened a BofA secured card in April (1st card in about 10 years)
-applied for and was denied for a BofA AAA Visa Sig and an AmEx Zync in May
-had an AU CO removed from EQ and TU, loss of TL made me lose TU score for a few months
-was approved for a Household Bank Platinum 2%Rewards MC in July
-had a successful PFD with RJM
-was approved for a Discover More card in August
-once again had a TU score for October
-applied for and was denied for an AmEx Zync in Oct ~didn't get my birthday gift : (
-was approved for an AmEx Green and denied for Costco TE in December ~did get my Xmas gift : )

2012 will be about...
-continuing to raise my scores (I'm at 741 on EQ, would like EX and TU to catch up!)
-letting AAoA increase
-having BofA unsecure in April (hopefully before that even)
-getting CLI on Discover More, deciding what to do with HSBC
-adding my AmEx revolver (either BCE, BCP, or Costco TE) & getting some backdate luv

Let's see how it goes.
Message 11 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys!

I was excited for this 2012 forum to open up! Reading through the 2011 challenge, I really was inspired. I, as with a lot of us, want to be financially stable in life, and no more than now do I truly believe that.

Okay, here we go...

I have had "credit" for a while, although did not really pay much attention to it (chalk it up to ignorance). About 2005, I was in a dirt biking accident that landed me in the hospital. Unfortunately, this happened while I was in between medical insurances, so needless to say, I was screwed. Thousands of dollars later, I was unable to pay and fell behind in payments...all the while by score was being affected. Long story short, the medical bills, my ignorance in paying things on time, and my whole immature approach to financing, has left me in a world of hurt. High interest rate auto loan, students loans, and credit card balances has left me down in the dumps.

But enough is enough, I'm tired of seeing "On Approved Credit" or "Excellent Credit" on T.V. and in ads without my heart sinking into my stomach. I have to get out of this hole, I want to get of this hole, and most of all...I NEED to get out of this hole. I have already begun taking steps in cutting back and saving money for the new year. Changing my medical insurance, auto insurance and other living arrangements...I was able to calculate $1k in savings over a year. Super excited!!

Now, my goal will be to lower debt, no more late payments, and overall repair anyway possible to reach my overall goal. I’m confident with hard work, determination, and this forum, I can reach my goal and reach that pinnacle state of “financially stable”.

Thank you for opening this forum, and I look forward to 2012 as my most productive year to date!

Good Luck everyone!!!

Jason

Message 12 of 1,050
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

fitmonkey1219,

Welcome to the forums and Good Luck!
Message 13 of 1,050
mfoxxx
New Contributor

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I just found you great informative folks, a week ago. My goal, buy a home by years end and to continue pay down student loan.
In the garden, Sep 10, 2015.
Message 14 of 1,050
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

mfoxx,

Welcome to the forums and Good Luck!

It's good to see new members jump right in and set goals for the next year. You'll find these forums very helpful, I sure have!
Message 15 of 1,050
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

Hello everyone!! I am happy to join to challenge again this year. Last year I was doing well for awhile but ran into a little financial trouble and a couple of my scores declined. I have worked really hard the past 2 weeks to get back on track an the results have been outstanding, thanks to all the advice and help here!

The results of 2011: my EQ and EX scores dropped dramatically my EQ FICO score actually dropped to 470 Smiley Sad

So far in 2012: On December 27th, I pulled my Fico scores and reports and saw the new very low scores and set out to change it fast. I am happy to report that as of January 8th my EQ score jumped to 524!!! That's 54 points in less than 2 weeks Woo Hoo!! Im on a roll!

My goals are to try my best to reach 680 on all three bureaus by Summer and hopefully get approved for a home by Fall and move in before Winter!

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 1,050
MissExcellentCredit
Regular Contributor

Hey Fitness Family,

Just updating. Like so many others, I've found the advice given here to be so useful, and I'm grateful for myFICO. So my score actually increased last year.  When I first signed up for myFICO and checked my score, I was at 636.  Now, after doing some gardening and excercising self-control with my spending, I'm at 719. 

My goals for 2012:

1) Increase score to at least 770 or above.

2) Apply for NO NEW CREDIT

3) Use the current cards I have and let them grow and increase in Credit Lines

4) Pay all bills in FULL every month

5) SAVE, SAVE, SAVE!

All the best to everyone!

Current 2013 Score: ScoreWatch Transunion: 737, ScoreWatch Equifax: 723, Nordstrom Equifax: 734
Goal Score for January 2014: 750-809 range

Message 17 of 1,050
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Hey folks,

Found this forum when I finally decided to pull my head out of my tookus regarding my credit and dump my cash-based existance: this community is a fantastic resource, thank you all!

End goal is to be able to get a mortgage, so raising my score to 640 is pretty much where it's at for the first bar and I hope to reach that by the end of 2012 as a target, Would be fantastic to hit it earlier, but we'll see how things go.

Starting report: one IRS enormous albatross from 2004, a paid CA tax lien, one paid collection (2010), an old secured card that had a sixty day late back on 8/10.  Empty file beyond that.  

Dec 2011 "Madness"

- opened up two credit cards, one BOA secured, one Orchard bank unsecured

- bought a car mostly for the car loan at an entirely awkard (though expected w/Auto EX of 551) APR

- took a ridiculous unsecured personal loan for short-term cash and another tradeline.  Expensive way for an installment tradeline

2012 plan:

- Jan: open up another secured card at old credit union

- Jan: take out a secured CD loan 3 year term USAA, cheaper way for installment tradeline

- Jul / Aug (depends on when they report sixth payment): finish off the unsecured personal loan

- Aug/Sep/Oct: depending on current FICO score, pull trigger on refinancing auto loan

- Dec: *maybe* try for an Amex Zync if scores look better, report gets a little cleaner, and mortgage is delayed as I expect

- Ongoing: depending on finances, figure out when to use the long stick to wake the tiger (IRS), might be paid but my documentation has been lackluster this decade

- Ongoing: seeing if I can get that collection removed

Thank you everyone for all your contributions, looking forward to this year!

        
Message 18 of 1,050
Artdogg
Established Member

Hello all!

I am looking to clean up my credit report and get all my bad information off my credit report.  I have established good payment history on the credit cards that I have.  Now, I am going to work on my bad items that I still owe on my credit report.  I owe about $1,500 in collection debt, I have one attachment/garnishment for $6,000-$7,000. (Not sure on how much exactly) Also, I have $3,000 in credit card debt.  So I am going to try to work on the collection accounts first while making payments on my credit cards.  Hopefully, I will raise my credit score.

Cards: Capital One - Cash $500 Capital One - Secured $200 Orchard Bank: $300 First Premier Bank $300 First Premier - Platinum $400 Fingerhut: $650 Emblem: $832 US Bank (Secured): $500 Milestone MasterCard: $300 Best Buy RewardZone: $300 Wal-Mart: $400 Amazon: $400 PSECU (Secured): $500

Starting Score: EQ:510 09/01/12 PSECU
Current Score: 529 as of: 12/01/2012
Goal Score: 650

Message 19 of 1,050
shaflow021211

HELLO FICO FAMILY Heart

IM READY FOR THE 2012 FICO FITNESS CHALLENGE!!

CURRENT SITUATION:

14 CREDIT CARDS...12 W/ BALANCES

$2082 DELINQUENCY ON TU FROM OLD CAR LOAN

3 COLLECTIONS 2 UNPAID

GOALS FOR 2012

RAISE CREDIT SCORE TO AT LEAST 675

PAY DOWN BALANCES ON CARDS

PFD OR JUS PAY COLLECTIONS & DELINQUENCY

GARDEN MODE & NO APPS UNTIL 2013

REFINANCE CAR LOAN

&&& RAISE SCORE ENOUGH TO GET MORTGAGE PREAPPROVAL EARLY 2013 ((FINGERS CROSSED))

WISH ME LUCK Smiley Wink && GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!

Starting Score: TU- 613 EQ- 617
Current Score: TU- 613 EQ- 617
Goal Score: 675 across the board

Message 20 of 1,050
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.