cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

Hi Everyone,

I recently turned 20 and I have almost a year of credit history. I have two credit cards, one cap one card ($500 limit) and a Target Redcard ($200 limit). I hope to buy a house by july and a car by the end of the year, for now I will continue to work hard to PIF every month and get to my goal of a score of 750.

Message 41 of 1,050
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forums, MrRJ!

Message 42 of 1,050
beb86
Valued Contributor

saw my scores raise close to 100 pts in 2k11 hope to see them raise another 100 in 2k12

Message 43 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy Credit in 2012!!! Smiley Wink

Debt : 2k Student Loan & $190 (1K Limit Secured CC)

Goal : To have my student loan paid off by 2012 & reach 700 by the end of February

Short Term : Will be purchasing a fairly new vehicle within the next 2 months so would like to obtain a low APR and have it breeze by

Long Term : Making a big move to the  " Queen City " the second half of the year so I would like to have a strong credit stance

Kuddos : Thanks to www.myfico.com forums for my ongoing success and education on all things pertaining to credit. Without the forum I would be shooting blind!!

** I have spread the word about this site for some time and plan to hold a beginner credit course with my team of agents at work. We all have to start somewhere**

Message 44 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Current score: 673

Goal score: 700+

Credit card usage continues to lower my score. My goal for 2012 is to eliminate all credit card debt while having 0 inquiries.

I had a BK in 07/05... another 2012 goal will be to pull all reports and ensure all accounts are correct. I did this a few years after filing but it never hurts to re-check

Message 45 of 1,050
spooks69

A little History, then to the goals.

I was upside down by $20k, had a jugement for $2k and other past due bills..in 2008 filed Chapter 7.  I was a mess.  I started reading and rebuilding.  My BK was discharged in July of 2008.  I had a 403 credit score.

I took out a high interest car note, picked up some high interest credit cards, and bought a house on Land contract. I got a better paying job.  I started working hard, and working harder on my credit.

My goal for this year is to get my score over 700.  I want to move, and to buy a house in Florida, and ether trade in this high interest card,or refinance it.   I recently had the jugements removed from my credit report, I haven't had a late pay in almost 3 years, and I have quite a few accounts open.  I have $1400 in Credit card debt and enough cash in the bank to pay them all off at once. 

I've gone from 403 to 653+ in the past 3 years....It's getting over the 700 hump I'm working for!!!

Starting Score: 653
Current Score: 685!!!
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 46 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have paid a lot of my debt off in the last 2 years totaling over $40,000 I have no bad debt. I tried to open a BOA secured card in April of 2011 and was denied. WHAT I could not believe it denied for a secured credit card. I didn't even know that they pulled your credit for one of those. My TU was 607, EQ 617, EX 622 And it dropped my EX credit score by 30 points I could not believe it, I was at a loss for words. But then I applied cautiously for a PSB secured card and got it and they did not pull my credit for it. Now I only have a $2700.00 student loan, a $10,500 Auto Loan, and a zero balance on my PSB card and my FH account.

My current Scores

TU 666

EQ 658

EX 668

I am trying to get better scores but I am at a loss. I have never filed bankruptcy and have no bad debt and my scores have been pretty much like this since October of 2011 I see little to no increase in those numbers what is going on. I need to get my scores higher. Does anyone have any suggestions, because I am plumb out of ideas.

Message 47 of 1,050
ol

Hello my fellow FICO Challengers:

I'm new to the forum but am very excited to start and succeed!

I'm currently at a 644 and my goal is to be at 700 and beyond!

My goal is to be a proud homeowner this year. I'm tired of renting and paying off other people's mortgages. In 2000-2001 my score was at 800 but I allowed my love life to ruin my credit. I let him use my cards and credit and soon my score dropped to the low 500's "ouch". Well believe me I learned my lesson. I'm now in the process of rebuilding my credit and it feels good to see a better score now. I have one credit card I use and pay religiously on time and have one car loan that I also pay on time.

I'm taking steps to remove old complied with negative information on my report and hopefully it'll help raise my score a bit. I also still have 1 collection item on their but i'm going to take care of that very soon. And that's it!

I glad to be here and hope to report a better score soon Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 644
Current Score: 663
Goal Score: 700

Message 48 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow.  Didn't know that this existed.  My goal is to reduce all my detb to mortgage and student loans.  One thing working against me is an insufficient credit history.   But it's all good.  I have a couple of secured credit cards under my belt that have bosted my score.

Message 49 of 1,050
ol

Hello my fellow FICO Fitness Challengers 2012:

I'm excited to be here to start and succeed at building my score!

My goal is be to at a 700 and beyond so that I can be a proud homeowner. I'm tired of renting and paying off other people's mortgages.

In 2000-2001, I allowed my love life to take precedence over the important things in life. I allowed him to use my cards and my credit and by the time I knew it, my score was in the low 500's "ouch". Well I learned my lesson.

I'm currently writing to companies and removing old complied with negative information from my credit report. I now have "one" card I use and pay religiously, I also have one car loan I pay religiously on too. I only have one collection item on my report that I will be paying very soon (thankfully it's a small amount)

Hopefully when you hear from me again I'll be reporting a better score Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 644
Current Score: 663
Goal Score: 700

Message 50 of 1,050
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.