cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

tag
160fdr

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

Fiiiinally decided to take the challenge!

starting scores are 577 TU and 553 EX.

Have 1 unpaid cap one bill from 2007 for $1100 still reporting bringing my uti to over 200%!! Trying to decide on settling or waiting for it to fall off, also one $50 collection for a medical bill I am still trying to figure out from where?

To start the re-building process I have a $200 cap one secured, $300 FP unsecured and just payed my first  42/mo car payment I got approved for last month. I plan on keeping low balances and hoping to get to the mid 600's and start applying for a mortgage next year!!!

Starting Score: TU 573, EX 558
Current Score: TU 573, EX 558
Goal Score: 650 across all!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 91 of 1,050
frogfan12
Established Contributor

I first joined the FICO Fitness Challenge in late 2010 (which I was unaware was the first year) and did fairly well. My score prior to starting the challenge was 677 but due to paying off a lot of CC debt jumped up into the low 700 range. After such success in 2010, I decided to take the challenge for 2011 as well. Little did I know in January 2011 that I would be a homeowner in August 2011.

Last year was really exciting for me. I bought my first home and then decided to apply for new credit as well following my home purchase. Now that I've been in my home for nearly 6 months, I am ready to bring my scores back up. Due to the mortgage reporting and four new CCs (one was upgraded from the Old Navy card to the ON Visa) as well as CLIs/HPs, my score has gone down a bit. I'd like for all of my scores to be in the 750 range, which I believe is possible. Of course, I have no way of checking to see what my Experian score is short of requesting a BOA CLI and getting denied. 

Current scores:

TU 754

EQ 707

EX 731

Goal: 750 across the board 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 92 of 1,050
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

My goal is to have 750 in the next 24 months!!!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 93 of 1,050
blessing

I'm currently working on my FICOore because I want to purchase a home next year. I also want to take control of my Financial situation. I'm start with transferring my Debt to a credit card that is offering a 0% APR in till March 2013. Based of Suzan plan that she set up for me I should be out of Debt by December 2012. I am excited to hear this news. I will do my best to meet my goal.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: 722
Goal Score: 850

Message 94 of 1,050
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

@blessing wrote:

I'm currently working on my FICOore because I want to purchase a home next year. I also want to take control of my Financial situation. I'm start with transferring my Debt to a credit card that is offering a 0% APR in till March 2013. Based of Suzan plan that she set up for me I should be out of Debt by December 2012. I am excited to hear this news. I will do my best to meet my goal.

Blessing... you can do it! Good for you. I can't wait until I can get out of debt... over 90% of it is student loan debt that I really can't wait to get rid of.

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 95 of 1,050
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

-Update- I have applied for and gotten approved for 2 secured cards and I have paid off one more creditor, I am also waiting to here back from one creditor about a PFD. I am typing up PFD letters for the rest to be mailed off tomorrow. No change in credit scores this week. Hopefully will go up soon!! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 96 of 1,050
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

@izzesparks wrote:

-Update- I have applied for and gotten approved for 2 secured cards and I have paid off one more creditor, I am also waiting to here back from one creditor about a PFD. I am typing up PFD letters for the rest to be mailed off tomorrow. No change in credit scores this week. Hopefully will go up soon!! Smiley Happy

Izze, way to go! I just got a pfd confirmation in the mail from one of my CA's that has 2 of my accts. They are pfd'ing for 20% of the amount so I'm very excited. Fortunately I'm getting them off my CR, but unfortunately they're only on EX (so I won't know what the impact will be on my score).

You'll be so happy to get those paid. Just don't make the mistake I did once, I sent out a bunch of pfd's (not expecting them to accept) and when the majority of them did within 2 weeks... I didn't have the money to pay them all off by the due date LOL. Luckily, they worked with me.

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 97 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!  I'm new to the community and want to work on improving my credit score this year.  I've been a slow payer for years, not really concerned with how that impacts my credit score. This year I'm committed to paying my bills on time and improving my credit standing in order to qualify for better rates.  I have a mortgage, 2 credit cards and student loans.  My plan is to pay off the two cards ($800 total) and beging to pay down my student loans ($50k). 

Message 98 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Mad Hi I'm here because I need to DoBetterNow.  I make a decent salary, but have not utilized it well.  I hoping with the FICO challenge to not only improve my credit score, but to also manage my income better.

Message 99 of 1,050
AJwant700s

Greetings all and Happy New Year 2012!!

I am looking to get my financial house in order this year and strating the year with myfico seems to be a great idea!

I must get to at least the 630s this year and "DoBetterNow" LOL Smiley Happy

Seariously though, I have been reading for a while and now it is time to execute and make good financial decisions.

I wish everyone here MUCH success in achieving your goals!

Message 100 of 1,050
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.