cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

tag
tubesock
Frequent Contributor

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

@Anonymous wrote:

Well just wanted to show my progress too. This all actualy started while trying to purcahse a house. If we keep the pace we are on hopefully we will close in July. My other 2 scores are around the same as this a a few points either way.

WTG! You are doing it!Smiley Wink

FicoTU 780 | Credit Karma 781 | Credit Sesame 780
EQ 673 Dec2011 | Current: 695 Nov2013 | Goal: 720+
UTL: 54% Dec2011 | Current UTL: 21% | Goal UTL: 0% June2014
AmxZync | CapOne 1k | Comenity 1.1k | Target 3k |NFCU Visasig 5k | Goodyear 5.8k | CitiSimplicity 10.2k
Sam'sClub 10k | AmxSpg 20k | Citi HiltonReserve 20k | DCU 20k | Chase RR Visasig 25k | NFCU Visasig 33k
Message 341 of 1,050
joelnye

Fico Fitness First Timer!  I have been reading the boards to help me along my credit recovery and decided to join the this challenge to help me along the way.

Current Situation:

All debt is paid off except Van loan and an AMEX that I am an authorized user on for work (gets paid off every month).

Waiting for my middle score to get to 640 so I can by my first house. Mortgage broker says all I can do is wait cause everything has been fixed and I have all the bad stuff I could get off come off.

Goal

700 score across the board

purchase a new home!!!!!

hr>Starting Score: EX 660 TU 608 EQ 644
Current Score: EX 661 TU 646 EQ 660
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 342 of 1,050
ronniejr
Valued Member

great job!

Message 343 of 1,050
Memo10
Established Member

Hello all,

i am a new member to myFICO and decided to take the myFICO challenge. I am turning 20 this year and believe it is never to early to be part of the 700 club. Smiley Happy

I currently have 7 CC's opened the first being opened back in 2010 and the latest account opened this past January, so my credit history is not very extensive. There is no direct reason as to why I am aiming to improve my credit score, but it would certainly work in my favor in the future. 

I plan to reach my goal by keeping up with all the CC's i currently have and maintain on-time payments, and by not opening any new account now or in the near future.

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge.

Starting Score: EQ: 649 EX: 636 TU: 658
Current Score: EQ: 649 EX: 636 TU: 658
Goal Score: EQ: 720 EX: 720 TU: 720

Message 344 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,  I just had 2 collection accounts deleted from my EQ report.  Smiley Happy Still waiting to hear from TU & EX.

Yeah.

Matka

Currently EQ 571, EX 572, TU 594

Working on getting a 700 + score.

Message 345 of 1,050
tubesock
Frequent Contributor

@Memo10 wrote:

Hello all,

i am a new member to myFICO and decided to take the myFICO challenge. I am turning 20 this year and believe it is never to early to be part of the 700 club. Smiley Happy

I currently have 7 CC's opened the first being opened back in 2010 and the latest acocunt opened this past January, so my credit history is not very extensive. There is no direct reason as to why I am aiming to improve my credit score, but it would certainly work in my favor in the future. 

I plan to reach my goal by keeping up with all the CC's i currently have and maintain on-time payments, and by not opening any new account now or in the near future.

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge.

Memo10, you are absolutely right...it's never to early to be a part of the 700 Club!

You sound like you're on your way but I'd like to offer some suggestions. 

You say you have 7 cc's with on-time payments. To maximize your credit score be sure that the utilization of those balances are between 1 and 9% of your overall cc balances. 

Having good credit is not just for buying homes or getting more cc's. A good credit score can help you get good jobs, no down payments on utilities products like electricity & gas, and low or no deposits when renting apartments. 

You sound like you're on your way to the 700 Club! 

AmxZync | CapOne 1k | Comenity 1.1k | Target 3k |NFCU Visasig 5k | Goodyear 5.8k | CitiSimplicity 10.2k
Sam'sClub 10k | AmxSpg 20k | Citi HiltonReserve 20k | DCU 20k | Chase RR Visasig 25k | NFCU Visasig 33k
Message 346 of 1,050
tubesock
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,  I just had 2 collection accounts deleted from my EQ report.  Smiley Happy Still waiting to hear from TU & EX.

Yeah.

Matka

Currently EQ 571, EX 572, TU 594

Working on getting a 700 + score.

AWESOME!

Message 347 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I am just beginning this painful, embarrassing journey of credit repair. The last few years have been miserable financially. I have been fearful for some time of facing the music and seeing just how bad my score was. My husband, son and I found a modest little house we are absolutely in love with, but it is highly unlikely we can get financed right now.

Yesterday, I got an Experian score of 657 and felt pretty hopeful. Today, (yes..only 24 hours later), my Experian score was 601! How is that?!

I am so encouraged to see how you good folks have improved your own scores, and shared openly in this forum! It gives me hope and courage to better our situation.

Where oh where to start?!?

Blessings,

m

Message 348 of 1,050
tubesock
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi!

I am just beginning this painful, embarrassing journey of credit repair. The last few years have been miserable financially. I have been fearful for some time of facing the music and seeing just how bad my score was. My husband, son and I found a modest little house we are absolutely in love with, but it is highly unlikely we can get financed right now.

Yesterday, I got an Experian score of 657 and felt pretty hopeful. Today, (yes..only 24 hours later), my Experian score was 601! How is that?!

I am so encouraged to see how you good folks have improved your own scores, and shared openly in this forum! It gives me hope and courage to better our situation.

Where oh where to start?!?

Blessings,

m

Hi Mismartha & welcome to myFICO!

Not sure why that score fell so quickly. EXperian does not offer the true FICO score. So the score you have is a FAKO. You can get your EQ & TU FICO scores from myFICO. I would suggest the 'Rebuilding Your Credit' forurm.

Good luck & You can do thisSmiley Tongue 

Message 349 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there tubesock,

Thanks for the encouragement! I will check out scores from myFICO. It is really difficult to sort through the garbage out there to find the truth. I paid $39.95 today for my scores from what I thought was the equifax site, after being quite frustrated trying to find what I needed on all of the free.com stuff.

I was so frustrated last year. I had been making monthly payments to a debt management firm for a long time trying to whittle away at BOA CC debt. Then I came to find out that they had stopped making payments to BOA  (nearly $2,000) then the company disappeared. I am accountable for my irresponsibility  in my circumstance, but that was an honest effort to improve my credit that went south because of some dishonest jokers.

I have worked really hard to obtain my RN through years of perserverance (took me nearly a decade on and off, r/t divorce, re-marriage, financial chaos, illness, etc), and the  not (barely) living paycheck to paycheck like I did as a Nursing Assistant is wonderful. HOWEVER, the credit score that tells of how I got from point A to B is u-g-l-y.

There is much to sort through on the Rebuilding Forum, I am very much interested in the GW letters and the PFD. Do these things actually work?

All the Best,

m

Message 350 of 1,050
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.