cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

Well, I rejoined the credit battle again on April 19th.  I have paid on every account I have, but still have not seen a bump.  I know its only been a few weeks, but I am sitting at 493 and I need to see something in the next few weeks.  I know that my balances are not updated.

1) I have a land loan that shows a balance of $307 and it is PAID.  Yes, I now own 2.5 acres of nice land worth about $25k, and it is MINE!!!

2) My Auto Loans show a $31,000 balance and it $30,000

3) My school loans show a balance of $24,000 and they are closer to $22,000

4) Credit Cards were at a $900 balance but its around $500 now

I have moved some of the accounts into a current status (car loans) instead of past 30

I have moved the rest from 120 days to 60 days

I have one collection for medical bills for $890...I dont know what to do about this because I have called twice and they want all or nothing and then they will turn it over for garnishment.  I don't have it w/o missing everything else.  I am tempted to start putting $150/wk back and just let it go and when it comes in for garnishment just pay it off with that money, but I dont know if that will hurt my credit anymore.

Uggh, I am overwhelmed and a quick bump would do wonders for my ego...cmon though...PIRANAH!!! NIBBLE!!!NIBBLE!!!

Message 611 of 1,050
hateAshbury
Regular Contributor

Renewed my quarterly FICO monitoring today and was pleased to see that I made my 2012 goal of breaking 700. Nice big 719 staring at me.

Started at this back in 2009 with abysmal credit -- somewhere in the 500s. [I distinclty recall seeing a 585 in the summer of 2009]. \

Back then, my finances were grim, and I wasn't too hopeful about the future. Happy to have gotten this far.

I write this not to pat myself on the back so much as to offer encouragement to those who may feel demoralized or even overwhelmed by financial issues/bad credit. If I can get above 700 ...

Starting Score: 653 (11/1/2011 TransUnion)
Current Score: 719 (5/3/2012 TransUnion) 572 (3/21/2012 Equifax) 762 (4/14/12 VantageScore)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 612 of 1,050
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

First Post.  I have been lurking here for quite some time and doing my own private FICO challenge.  For some reason, I thought I would start posting today and see what comes of it.

I have been trying to improve my credit since June of 2011.  Man, this is a long process.  Even though I know what most people think of hiring outside companies to do disputes, I hired lexington law in October of 2011.  I am thinking about switching to Sky Blue Credit Repair, however, since lexington is having trouble getting the last 5 negative items off my reports.  I work too many hours and hate looking at the mail, so there is no way that I am going to do my own disputes.

negatives:

Capital One Auto Finance: Payment after charge off 

Chase: Payment after charge off 

Citifinancial: Payment after charge off 

Verizon: Payment after charge off 

Penn Credit Corporation: Paid Collection

I have no real reason to need good credit right away since I already drive a nice car that is paid for and I don't need a house anytime soon.  I do, however, want to be able to  apply for some nice credit cards and not get denied.  And I don't want to have to pay extra security deposits whenever I switch apartments due to some landlord not liking my credit.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 613 of 1,050
bbrannan
Regular Contributor

Hey everyone! I am a late joiner here but like they say - "better late than never". I have made many mistakes in life and some of the biggest came during a "trial separation" that ended in divorce. In any case, during this time, my creditworthiness went straight down the proverbial crapper. However, I am now working to repair my credit so that I can provide a more stable future for my children and provide them assistance if they should need it when they go out on their own. (Not to mention - be able to get lower interest rates on auto loans and qualify for a lower mortgage rate on my home.)

I have paid off most of the items that were on my reports slowly and while some of them were removed upon payment, some of them were not and I fear that I must simply play the waiting game. In any case, this is a slow process and I aim to be successful! There is a lot of useful information and tips on this forum and owe a lot of credit and thanks to random individuals for unknowingly giving me inspiration and hope to achieve my credit goals! Since there are really too many to list individually, I would like to send a big THANK YOU to everyone on this forum! I will keep you posted on my progress and hopefully I will be able to offer help or advice to someone else when they need it!

Cards: AMEX Zync NPSL, AMEX BCE, NFCU LOC $15K, NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards $14K, NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $14K, USAA Platinum M/C $3.5K, USAA AMEX $2K, Capital One Cash Rewards $3.5K, WalMart $10K, Lowes $10K, Home Depot $8250, Amazon $4K, Discover IT $1K

Starting Score: EX: 570 EQ: 520 TU 602
Current Score: AMEX EX:717 MyFico EQ 688 Walmart TU 749 MyFico TU 740
Goal Score: 750+ across the board

Message 614 of 1,050
retroAction
Contributor

@bbrannan wrote:

Hey everyone! I am a late joiner here but like they say - "better late than never". I have made many mistakes in life and some of the biggest came during a "trial separation" that ended in divorce. In any case, during this time, my creditworthiness went straight down the proverbial crapper. However, I am now working to repair my credit so that I can provide a more stable future for my children and provide them assistance if they should need it when they go out on their own. (Not to mention - be able to get lower interest rates on auto loans and qualify for a lower mortgage rate on my home.)

I have paid off most of the items that were on my reports slowly and while some of them were removed upon payment, some of them were not and I fear that I must simply play the waiting game. In any case, this is a slow process and I aim to be successful! There is a lot of useful information and tips on this forum and owe a lot of credit and thanks to random individuals for unknowingly giving me inspiration and hope to achieve my credit goals! Since there are really too many to list individually, I would like to send a big THANK YOU to everyone on this forum! I will keep you posted on my progress and hopefully I will be able to offer help or advice to someone else when they need it!

Welcome and good job at getting back up! Be sure to send GWs to all those things that you are waiting to drop off, you are likely to have a few pay off! Good luck!!

Current Score: EQ Fico 651 (5/22/2012)
Goal Score: 720

My Credit Rebuild Project Log
Message 615 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome!
Message 616 of 1,050
iCoop
Regular Contributor

Hello Peers,

Trying to rebuild my credit history through knowledge and time. I had a few rough spots during college and am now working hard to improve day by day. Now that my credit portfolio is a bit more diverse I should see my scores improving each month they are pulled.

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 617 of 1,050
bethany
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for your service and bravery!!!!! Smiley Happy

Amen!!

Smiley Happy

Starting Score 2012: 484 Starting Score 2013: 566 Starting Score 2014: 650
Current Score: 660
Goal Score #1: 660 - achieved! 6/28/14

Goal Score #2: 680
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 618 of 1,050

Whew! Where oh where do I start!

I am starting the myFICO challenge today. 

A little bit about me. I am a small business owner and had a TERRIBLE year, financially, in 09. Since I went from what I called having it all, good credit, money in the bank, nice house, nice car, etc and then losing it all I suffered from a bit of depression in 2010. 2011-2012 I am working my way up to try to rebuild. 

My current situation is I have 3 CAs, about 5 COs, 1 repo (that my ex has FINALLY agreed to pay) and 3 credit cards with late pays. The COs are making my debt to ration 109%!! I do have some open accounts. A car loan, paid on time. 6 CCs all paid on time and a few SL loans, paid on time. My scores are being dragged down because of the debt to ratio and new collection accounts are starting to be put on my CRs from those COs. 

I have recently paid off 3 of my CCs so now I have the other 3 left which I am working on paying off ASAP!

My plan of attack:

Redo my monthly budget and save as much money as I can to put towards PFDs.

Make a spreadsheet of all of the things I need to take care of.

Start to DV everyone (started this last month actually).

Once those DVs are received then start sending out PFDs.

Work with MCM so they do not add a new collection to my already hurting scores.

My goals for this year are to first reach 620 and get a better interest rate on my vehicle; to pay off the lingering debt that I do have now which is about 5k; save more money; and get to the point where I use credit for BIG purchases only!  

That took a lot out of me to type but I feel better!

Starting Score:(5/12) EQ 504 TU 495
Current Score: (3/13)EQ 634 TU 639
Goal Score: 665

Message 619 of 1,050
mfiedler40
Established Member

Hi all!!

Need a tremendous amount of support!!!.  I currently have over 46 inquiries on my credit report, $70,000 student loan debt (in repayment), and 100% utilization on my existing credit cards.  If you have any advice, please by all means send them my way.  I have  implemented a plan to pay $2500.00 per month on my student loans and pay in full the balances of my credit cards by June 2012. As far as the inquiries go, I have not applied for anything since April 30th, and will not apply again until May 2014.  This time I will do my research before I apply.

Starting Score: 435
Current Score: Fico scores: Equifax 553 and Transunion 614 Goal Score: 730

Message 620 of 1,050
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.